Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psst... MMORPG.com... Hello? Anyone home? :p

Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Poking some light-hearted fun here, but I'm kinda surprised that we've seen not a word from MMORPG.com about this, you know... wee little shin-dig that just took place this past weekend in Las Vegas. A few people even showed up for it, I hear. I think they called it a Fan Festival or something like that.

Rumor has it, they announced an expansion, or something like that, among other things. Might be something that would be very relevant on a site that specializes in MMORPGs. 

Just sayin'....

In all seriousness, I attributed the lack of updates about the event over the weekend to y'all simply not working weekends (which I was apparently wrong about, as pointed out by other posters here). But now, an entire Monday later... and still nothing? Not even a blurb?

Ya waiting for the news to go cold before handling it, or what? You prefer it served up room-temperature maybe? :p

Comments

• Gregor999Gregor999 Member Posts: 86
    Although I consider ARR a disgrace to the FFXI title it is pretty sad that this site is spouting on about WoW non stop when ARR just had some huge announcements and events. Not to mention being one of the more successful MMO's since WoW is nothing to sneeze at either.
  • mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    honestly does it really matter that much if they are alittle late in covering a game?
  • Moguy3Moguy3 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by mayanking
    honestly does it really matter that much if they are alittle late in covering a game?

You are kidding right? They have covered this game a million times. It's played out. It's a has been. It failed, it came back, it failed again. They covered it each and every time. /facepalm

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Gregor999
    Although I consider ARR a disgrace to the FFXI title it is pretty sad that this site is spouting on about WoW non stop when ARR just had some huge announcements and events. Not to mention being one of the more successful MMO's since WoW is nothing to sneeze at either.

Blizzard obviously pays them more to advertise.

Now I have no idea if that's true, but I wouldn't doubt it.  They gotta pay for the servers and bandwidth somehow.

• Moguy3Moguy3 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Oh and they posted about the expansion. No clue why you want to go ape over them posting that. Always that one guy.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I'm not even sure if I should treat that like a serious question.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Moguy3
    Oh and they posted about the expansion. No clue why you want to go ape over them posting that. Always that one guy.

Yes, I'm aware there was a forum post made about it.

That's not a MMORPG.com article. That's a forum post referencing an article posted by Kotaku... which is even worse.

A regular forum member could just as well have posted that.

I'm talking about something like, you know... a front-page news article discussing the event, the news, all that was talked about, etc. etc. 

Other sites already have their own articles published. MMORPG. com has links to other websites. 

Not quite the same thing.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

You are kidding right? They have covered this game a million times. It's played out. It's a has been. It failed, it came back, it failed again. They covered it each and every time. /facepalm

So, please define failed and played out.  I don't play the game, but it seems to me that if the game is turning a profit it isn't a failure.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that since it's still around it isn't failing.  Too many people have this idiotic idea that if it doesn't have 7 million subscribers with god only knows how many of those in China where paying for 1 hour a month constitutes a subscription a game is failure.  Numbers never lie, but the interpretations can and usually are skewed to fit a specific narrative, just like I did.

And please don't say WoW is your standard.  That game was the original dumbed down, easy mode MMO designed for those that didn't have skills to get into successful raiding guilds in EQ.  It was, and still is, a game designed to be insanely easy and yet fool millions into thinking they are elite raiders Damn It!  Just like the NIT winners are an elite basketball team.  So elite that they are #69 in the country on a good day.

In other words don't say a successful game is one that children can play, had outdated graphics since day 1, has millions of players that don't actually subscribe, has cloned almost everything in it from other games, and whose players are so accustomed to being told when and were to move to live that learning game mechanics is archaic.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Agree with the OP very shocked nothing was mentioned. Behind wow this is the most polished and entertaining MMO on the market.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

Who cares?  

Is there anything you could learn from a MMORPG.com article on the event and expansion that you couldn't learn anywhere else?  It's not like they ever offer new info in their articles anyway.  

And, of course more people are going to be talking about WoW at this point.  It's a lot more popular of a game, played by many more people, has just had a major update, and their xpac is less than a month away.  

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

EVE was having a fanfest in Vegas over the weekend as well.  Every other MMO site I check out covered both of the event, except this one.  

With the amount of advertisements this site has you'd think they could have afforded to send someone.  

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Uhwop

EVE was having a fanfest in Vegas over the weekend as well.  Every other MMO site I check out covered both of the event, except this one.  

With the amount of advertisements this site has you'd think they could have afforded to send someone.  

MMORPG covering mmo events? Now that would make too much sense I say!

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

It would be shocking wouldn't it?  

Someone out there running a fan site has to be available.  

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

It would be shocking wouldn't it?  

Someone out there running a fan site has to be available.  

It is a bit of a disappointment to see this site not covering the event. Lately I get my MMO news and first hand details from sites other than this one. I check in here mostly for the forum chat and usually learn more from it than the articles written here. Someone(s) is dropping the ball on this site big time lately.

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

I agree with OP and I think his intention are really positive. for MMORPG.com , you would and should expect them to cover anything MMO especially AAA titles. if you begin looking somewhere else then you will be attached to other sites and slowly but surely it will drive viewers away from this site.

the las vegas event, included patch 2.4 details ( A LOT of details ) , the expansion ( include much more than a CG trailer ), panel interviews on how battle design were done, and misc other things. even more the inclusion of Odin trail battle and the PvP related news.

all we got is a cut paste news with a link to another website.

• KissThaRingKissThaRing Member UncommonPosts: 78

Failed again? Put down the blizzard cock and suck on something else. You people crack me up with these assine and baseless comments.

I enjoy undercutting people in the market place - it's the only PvP a crafter gets.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

WoW is a better game brah! Im not a fanboy just being honest and sometimes that hurts people feelings.  Goodluck with your life choices, might want to check yourself before you miss out.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Juice2000Juice2000 Member UncommonPosts: 95

They did mention it briefly on Monday.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/32793/Heavensward-Expansion-Announced-for-2015.html

expect more after London when more details are revealed.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Betaguy

WoW is a better game brah! Im not a fanboy just being honest and sometimes that hurts people feelings.  Goodluck with your life choices, might want to check yourself before you miss out.

WoW isn't a better game. It has a better smoother engine than many mmos, but that is the only thing it has that is superior. It's super popular so it will get more attention, but it's not better when it comes to being a game.

Every single other game in my library is more interesting than WoW in pretty much every way. I played recently after not having played since WotLK and the changes and state of the game is abysmal for me. Character development and crafting are about as flat and boring as it gets. Hey, if mediocrity is what people enjoy then they are free to enjoy their life choices.

Really this argument again? 'better game' is subjective matter. Why do you people spend so much energy on discreating each others tastes in gaming?

Nothing is more silly than this bickering. 'Everything i play is best and superior and everything you play is bad and mediocre'. Please spare us the BS will ya? there are many who find FFXIV below average just like how you find WOW mediocre. Good luck proving everyone wrong who doesn't share the same tastes as yours when it comes to gaming.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

It is actually pretty annoying that they haven't covered anything, especially because outside this crappy forum this game is actually extremely popular.

The stuff that happened over the weekend and the new announcements are MASSIVE updates. The twitch stream covering the fanfest event alone had 15k simultaneous views. the ffxiv reddit is exploding with action. not like this desolate mmorpg.com forum that barely gets 3 total forum replies every day. FFXIV is also one of the few last sub based mmorpgs that are still successful, so it deserves some respect. 

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by drivendawn

Lol failed again, you live outside reality don't you? This game has well over 1 million people playing world wide when you count that china had over 1 million preorders alone.  I think it may be just maybe doing well considering its been around for a year and still growing.

Ps. Yeah mmorpg could be better with how this game is covered they have not written about some of the major patches or major events much either but do so on other AAA titles.

China had a million pre-orders so there has to be a million active subscribers.

Cause that's how the mmo business world works.

Please use a little more logic. Your claims are just as much "outside reality" as his.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Sorry but this website only cares for money. I'm sure about this. I love Gw2 too but this is not fair. Mmorpg.com write articles about Gw2 without even any news all the time. But when it comes to FFXIV, they waited 2 days for just publish the f*cking 2.4 trailer. And the time being they wrote about a payment problem which doesn't even important. Than again they waited for 2 days to cover expansion news. Even that was just a copy paste page from reddit. They didn't even mention the fanfests. I'm really cruious about how much they earn from NCSoft. Then they want us to believe this nonsense..; http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9030/page/1

Yea yea ofc..

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Originally posted by Varex12

Who cares?  

Is there anything you could learn from a MMORPG.com article on the event and expansion that you couldn't learn anywhere else?  It's not like they ever offer new info in their articles anyway.  

And, of course more people are going to be talking about WoW at this point.  It's a lot more popular of a game, played by many more people, has just had a major update, and their xpac is less than a month away.  

At least 2 people care. You and me! Well we care enough to click on this thread and post. They call the site mmorpg.com so how is it strange for people to expect them to do articles on mmorpg news? Not that I expect anything different really....Activision has more then enough money to throw at some poor gaming journalists in exchange for sugarcoating and selective coverage of their products.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Guess the travel budget for this year is over spent or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Nepheth

Sorry but this website only cares for money. I'm sure about this. I love Gw2 too but this is not fair. Mmorpg.com write articles about Gw2 without even any news all the time. But when it comes to FFXIV, they waited 2 days for just publish the f*cking 2.4 trailer. And the time being they wrote about a payment problem which doesn't even important. Than again they waited for 2 days to cover expansion news. Even that was just a copy paste page from reddit. They didn't even mention the fanfests. I'm really cruious about how much they earn from NCSoft. Then they want us to believe this nonsense..; http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9030/page/1

Yea yea ofc..

^This. The whole situation is just disgusting. I remember when i used to play gw2, mmorpg.com would throw out articles on the most useless crap regarding the game. I would log into the game to check out what happened... then log out because it was just a bug fix or some stupidly trivial minor update. Pretty sure the reason why this forum doesnt get much activity despite the popularity of the game is that most fans realized mmorpg.com doesnt give a shit about this game and decided to stick to the official forums or reddit. 

EDIT: Pretty hilarious that they even have a feature article up about GW2 Halloween... how arenanet totally dropped the ball on it last year and not about any real current content whatsoever.  Meanwhile ffxiv just had a fanfest event, announced an expansion, a huge patch update, and a big halloween event in game.  

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)