Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons!

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm not all into the numbers and crunching how things work, I just love to play. Anyway, dungeons seem to be harder now, slipping a bit more towards what Vanilla WoW was.

A guild member who is a priest told me healing is harder, tanking is harder and DPS now has to watch their aggro. Like a normal dungeon should be. However, no one pays attention anymore after a year of super easy mode. They just want soft serve wow. The first group was nice because the tank realized the changes and he took it easy. The second group didn't care about the chagnes.

So at higher levels the changes aren't as drastic, as it's meant to scale for the 90-100 expac. However low level content is now harder and the skills don't scale to the content well. The consensus is that blizzard is trying to sell level 90 upgrades by making it frustrating/hard.

Edit: I'm leveling a Fury Warrior and rarely ever had to use a healing potion prior to the patch, now my little pile is dwindling. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

I'm finding things a bit more dicey with my frost dk as well.  My AoE damage definitely feels like it's been nerfed---although I'm only level 65, so maybe that will improve later on.  

But I am definitely not mowing mobs down like I did pre-patch.  Will check out a few dungeons tonight and see what happens.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Varex12

I'm finding things a bit more dicey with my frost dk as well.  My AoE damage definitely feels like it's been nerfed---although I'm only level 65, so maybe that will improve later on.  

But I am definitely not mowing mobs down like I did pre-patch.  Will check out a few dungeons tonight and see what happens.

If you use the dungeon finder try and warn the group to slow down before you start, it is definitely harder.  It's not like the old Diablo style of just mowing through mobs now, but it still isn't like Vanilla when it would take 4 hours for a dungeon. They may have found a really good balance finally.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm not sure a change like this is such a good idea when the game is so much into decline.  Challenging content that resolves into high efficiency or rage quitting grouping is not exactly a feature that is known to draw in or retain most casual gamers.

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

I haven't played the new patch yet.  But hopefully, we will see less zerging through dungeons and more people actually playing their roles going forward.

That was one of the things I didn't like about MoP, was that after everyone was geared to a certain level, people ignored trinity mechanics and just killed.  And then people who were tanks, if they were relatively new to tanking and tried to do it in raid finder, they had basically no experience from dungeoning to draw from except for maybe lvl 85-90 normal dungeons.

But I'll see how I like it when I actually have a chance to play.

Originally posted by Vorthanion
    I'm not sure a change like this is such a good idea when the game is so much into decline.  Challenging content that resolves into high efficiency or rage quitting grouping is not exactly a feature that is known to draw in or retain most casual gamers.

Well to me there were a couple reasons it is in decline, but the main one to me was it was getting way to easy. Easy means no challenge and it gets boring. If the casuals quit because of it they will be back imho, the game always draws you back somehow.

Every pre-xpac patch and subsequent xpac ramp up the difficulty.  This is nothing new.  Eventually, the gear accumulated trumps any increase in difficulty that Blizzard can throw at the players, and everything becomes easy mode again.  I remember Cata dungeons and raids being insanely hard the first couple of months, and then began getting face-rolled with ease after awhile.  The same will happen with this xpac.

It's the circle of life, Simba.

Every pre-xpac patch and subsequent xpac ramp up the difficulty.  This is nothing new.  Eventually, the gear accumulated trumps any increase in difficulty that Blizzard can throw at the players, and everything becomes easy mode again.  I remember Cata dungeons and raids being insanely hard the first couple of months, and then began getting face-rolled with ease after awhile.  The same will happen with this xpac.

This is possible, but I'm hearing folks saying it's harder to level in lower levels. I don't recall that with any of the other expanisons from WoTLK forward till now. I know one thing is for sure, I'm playing right now and my level 72 Fury Warrior is much harder to play. I am actually having to pay attention for once! We shall see though, like you said it may all balance out.

Originally posted by Amjoco

This is possible, but I'm hearing folks saying it's harder to level in lower levels. I don't recall that with any of the other expanisons from WoTLK forward till now. I know one thing is for sure, I'm playing right now and my level 72 Fury Warrior is much harder to play. I am actually having to pay attention for once! We shall see though, like you said it may all balance out.

I don't know the mathematics of it all, but I'm thinking that maybe has something to do with the stat squish.  Most changes involving stats have always been balanced around the new level content, like you said earlier.  So maybe that's the case here?  Will be interesting to see how it goes.  Either way, I always welcome more difficulty when it comes to WoW.  

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I find it humorous how there was such mass outrage over the SWG CU when Blizzard basically has a CU for WoW right before every expansion.  People who have been playing since Vanilla have likely had to re-learn their classs 5 times over the course of the game's life.

This latest revision seems to be the largest, most sweeping nerf I've ever seen in an MMORPG.  I don't really think their goal is to dupe more people into buying the instant 90.  Anyone who buys the expansion gets an instant 90.  The game, in essence, begins at 90 now.  I just don't think they're all that concerned with scaling the low lvl content.  

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

I find it humorous how there was such mass outrage over the SWG CU when Blizzard basically has a CU for WoW right before every expansion.  People who have been playing since Vanilla have likely had to re-learn their classs 5 times over the course of the game's life.

This latest revision seems to be the largest, most sweeping nerf I've ever seen in an MMORPG.  I don't really think their goal is to dupe more people into buying the instant 90.  Anyone who buys the expansion gets an instant 90.  The game, in essence, begins at 90 now.  I just don't think they're all that concerned with scaling the low lvl content.  

Basically this, I don't even think anything below level 90 content was available to test on the beta, if it was it wasn't ever mentioned anywhere, I was a tester and I'm not even sure if you can lol.

The post from the OP is humorous though so I kind of skipped over the thread.

It'll be fixed, if something actually is wrong, in the coming patches/hotfixes like mostly everything else has.

Settle down there, little conspiracy theorist, and let the developers figure it out.

Also, let's not forget about the threads from a few weeks ago where people complained the game was too easy, keep an eye out on the forums here & on WoW from here on out and a few months into the xpac, there's going to be a lot of whining and begging that things get nerfed, because the content that I tested in beta is not easy.

It'd be one thing if this was the case months down the line, but the patch released yesterday, and the expansion isn't even released yet.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.