Here are actual restrictions for F2P players (from reddit):
Last Updated: 10/13/14
The free to play option was released on 11/15/2012.
Anyone can now play all of the story content from levels 1-50.
Access to Level 51-55 can only be obtained by purchasing the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, the Shadow of Revan expansion, or by subscribing for 1 month after September 2013.
Access to Level 56-60 can only be obtained after 12/9/2014 by purchasing the Shadow of Revan expansion.
Free to Play Restrictions:
- 200,000 Credit Cap (anything above this amount is saved in an Escrow account)... P2W!
- Escrow Account Credits can now be transferred out with a Cartel Market Consumable.
- These only transfer credits from the Escrow Account to existing credit balance.
- The Transfer Packages do not increase the credit cap.
- Small Package - 50k - 40 Cartel Coins
- Medium Package - 150k - 80 Cartel Coins
- Large Package - 600k - 240 Cartel Coins
- Access to 1 Crew Skill... P2W!
- Access to 2 Character Slots
- Access to 2 Galactic Trade Network slots
- Access to 2 Quickbars... P2W!
- Access to 3 Species for Character Creation
- Access to 5 Medical Probes (In Field Revive) per Character... P2W!
- Bank (Cargo Hold) Access must be unlocked... P2W!
- Can only receive Mail... P2W!
- Cannot Trade items... P2W!
- No Access to In-Game Support
- No Access to Rest XP
- No Login Priority
- Restricted Chat functions
- Restricted to 3 Flashpoints Rewards from the final boss per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)... P2W!
- Restricted to 3 Space Missions per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)... P2W!
- Unlock must be purchased to use Artifact (Purple) gear.... P2W!
- Weekly Pass must be purchased to access any Operations... P2W!
The game is still unplayable for F2P players! Don't play this game and don't feed the BioWare's greed!!!