Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japan bans GTA

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

Kanagawa prefecture (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki) has placed Grand Theft Auto (sept 2003 @ 350,000 copies sold) on a no sale nor rent to persons below 18 age due to it's excessive violence and placed a "harmful" sticker on the product. Previously this restriction was only for items with explicit sexual content. So far Capcom.com (GTA distributor) has refused comment. link

ps. japan also baned US beef & chicken since 2003.

Comments

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    Don't forget that Brazil banned the original version of it. That particular version had a rape option for when you jacked sombodies car too.
  • Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855
    wasnt banned, just put an age limit on it
  • UndeadInsaneUndeadInsane Member Posts: 19

zzzzz

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Also, the Yakuza represent the Japanese Negatively.
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by bhug
    Kanagawa prefecture (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki) has placed Grand Theft Auto (sept 2003 @ 350,000 copies sold) on a no sale nor rent to persons below 18 age due to it's excessive violence and placed a "harmful" sticker on the product. Previously this restriction was only for items with explicit sexual content. So far Capcom.com (GTA distributor) has refused comment. linkps. japan also baned US beef & chicken since 2003.

lol I love how you added the US beef and chicken. The beef was because of the mad cow scare though. ::::28::

• Arsenal202Arsenal202 Member Posts: 8

WTF!?!? 'Rape' option?

Now that scares me...

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Arsenal202
    WTF!?!? 'Rape' option?
    Now that is so incredibly hot...

huh?

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Big difference between putting an age restriction on a game and completely banning its sale. It isn't much different from here in the US, where mature games aren't supposed to be sold to anyone under the age of 17 (think the same goes for renting, not sure though). Also, I didn't know the original had such an option. That's pushing it too far I think.

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW