Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the game on the PTS?

cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I played TESO when it came out for about a month. 

I saw a post stating that patch 1.5 is on the PTS and some of the changes got me interested again.  So can someone who has checked out the game on the PTS tell me....How is the new patch?  Has any of the following issues been taken care of..

1.  Grouping...before it was a pain to group up as it normally had people in different instances, is it any better now?

2.  Also can someone who completed content group up with someone who didn't and help them now?

3.  When I played the best builds where Destro Staff/Resto Staff, has this changed and are there more then 1 build that is has effective?

4. I know there still is no global auction house but how is the new guild store working out?

5. Is Cryodill still a zerg fest?

So if someone who has played on the PTS with the new 1.5 patch on it please answer these questions (I know #5 needs to be answered from the live server population not the test server).

Thank for any help/assistance you provide.

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    I would like to know too. I tried to check it out but europe cant transfer their characters over so starting from scratch at the tutorial dungeon is hardly a good way to see the new changes.
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    So anyone that has played on the test server?
  • ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    I just cant seem to log into patch servers, the notes look good tho.  enjoying the game as it is and looking forward to new stuff.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    To me....ESO's words have lost all credability.. I just left the game. I'm just frustrated and frankly exausted with  the game in its current form. AVA is still broken...post 50 is doing quest after quest after quest for very little xp. It's not worth $15/month to me. Frankly I wouldn't play it if i were free. TOOOOO much not right with the game today.
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    To me....ESO's words have lost all credability.. I just left the game. I'm just frustrated and frankly exausted with  the game in its current form. AVA is still broken...post 50 is doing quest after quest after quest for very little xp. It's not worth $15/month to me. Frankly I wouldn't play it if i were free. TOOOOO much not right with the game today.

I understand where you are coming from.  From the notes of patch 1.5 on the PTS looks promising and they may have made enough changes that I might come back.

That is why I am interested in anyones response that has played on the test server.

• ZigZagsIIIZigZagsIII Member Posts: 18

Playing it right now at my friends place. Will let you know in a couple days. This latest release has me all fired up. Its their last hurrah I think, unless it just totally kicks ass. If so I would just be like...

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

guess this is why there are so many games to play, hope you find something you like, not every game appeals to everyone.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• The.agGThe.agG Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by ZigZagsIII

Playing it right now at my friends place. Will let you know in a couple days. This latest release has me all fired up. Its their last hurrah I think, unless it just totally kicks ass. If so I would just be like...

What happened to your main account? Got banned for excessive trolling?

So is there anyone else who has played on the PTS and has experienced the 1.5 patch?

• Originally posted by cerulean2012

So is there anyone else who has played on the PTS and has experienced the 1.5 patch?

I suggest you go on reddit. I have not played the PTS patch yet either (then again i myself never left the game in the 1st place.)

edit: here ya go http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    The only thing I've seen is a Post by someone that said he is playing it on PTS and loved the new facial animations basically feeling as if it makes everything feel more immersive. That's a good sign for that specific feature.

There Is Always Hope!

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

That's probably why the OP asked about the PTS server, not the actual live game.  Might want to take a look at the patch notes.  A lot of your complaints are being addressed.  

Originally posted by mmogamerlover

Originally posted by cerulean2012

I suggest you go on reddit. I have not played the PTS patch yet either (then again i myself never left the game in the 1st place.)

edit: here ya go http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline

Thanks, I put a post out there.

Originally posted by keithian
    The only thing I've seen is a Post by someone that said he is playing it on PTS and loved the new facial animations basically feeling as if it makes everything feel more immersive. That's a good sign for that specific feature.

That will be nice, hope to hear more about it.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by keithian

This technology is something EQNext is suppose to be really fleshing out for it's players.  Would like to see this feature show up more in old and new games alike.  More immersion is a good thing and I believe, a worthwhile investment for any game.  It's a lot of little things like this that really help with player retention.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

The grouping "issues" have not been sorted. I don't see all of them as issues, but if that concerns you there has been no change.

It is still all about staffs. Except in PvP or if you are a tank.

Cyrodill never was a zerg fest as far as I was concerned.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

The new facial animations and lip sync makes quite the difference. Before they were distracting and now very much more alive.

The whole npc interaction would improve overall though if they were right in the middle of the screen though. On the left competes too much with the text on right.

You stay sassy!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

The game seems to slowly be heading in the right direction, which sort of surprises me seeing as the launch reception of the game was, well, not so good.

I'm awaiting the update(s) that removes veteran ranks and adds the justice system, by then I imagine the game has advanced enough in development to be worth a second look.

Secretly hoping for more story content as well with the justice system (dark brotherhood, thieves guild), story was one of the few things ESO did right in my opinion, as it was quite memorable.