Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multi-Platform Password Managers?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I don't know about you, but just including games, I'm up to about a dozen passwords.  Moving beyond games, I've got dozens of passwords, all of them unique, all of them pretty long and nearly all of them impossible to remember.  I've decided that some sort of password manager might be in order.

Do any of you guys use password managers?  If so, are they multiplatform ones; do they work on your PC, but also on your iPhone/Android device?

Can you guys recommend or review the password manager that you use here?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

http://keepass.info/

Look at the open source KeePass. It's on sourceforge and does not need to be installed. It will run from a thumb drive.

Classic version Supported operating systems: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 / 8 / Wine, each 32-bit and 64-bit.

Professional version Supported operating systems: Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 / 8, each 32-bit and 64-bit,Mono (Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, ...).

You can create your own passwords or KeePass can create them for you.

The help isn't very good so you may have to figure things for yourself. Figuring out how to define password length and what characters will be allowed will take some exploration. There is also an ability to start an application through KeePass and fill in the ID and password but it can be hit or miss depending on the end application.

Some game launchers or clients won't allow copy and paste too.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams