Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flashpoints at level 60

FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

Were getting 2 new tactical FP's.  That's fine I guess.  That and the 4 forged alliance tacticals,  the 2 zcerka and the Kuat tactical brings the number up to 9 tactical FP's.  It's enough to keep some variation in your daily tactical runs (if you do those)

Were also getting 4 hardmode FP's.  The exclusion of the word "new" suggests that it will be ex. the 4 forged alliance FP converted into a hard mode.

I like doing FP's. Not the tactical type but the ones where you actually need a tank and healer and need to pay somewhat attention to what you're doing. Only 4 hardmodes is not exactly unexpected,  but still I had hoped for more. Even if it were just the removal of level 50 hardmodes and bumping those to level 60.

I didn't expect much and hoped to be pleasantly surprised. That didn't happen. Even with low expectations I'm still a bit disappointed.  I know I shouldn't be.  Makeb also released with just 4 hardmode FP's.  Doesn't help though. I'm still disappointed.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Flintsteen

Were getting 2 new tactical FP's.  That's fine I guess.  That and the 4 forged alliance tacticals,  the 2 zcerka and the Kuat tactical brings the number up to 9 tactical FP's.  It's enough to keep some variation in your daily tactical runs (if you do those)

Were also getting 4 hardmode FP's.  The exclusion of the word "new" suggests that it will be ex. the 4 forged alliance FP converted into a hard mode.

I like doing FP's. Not the tactical type but the ones where you actually need a tank and healer and need to pay somewhat attention to what you're doing. Only 4 hardmodes is not exactly unexpected,  but still I had hoped for more. Even if it were just the removal of level 50 hardmodes and bumping those to level 60.

I didn't expect much and hoped to be pleasantly surprised. That didn't happen. Even with low expectations I'm still a bit disappointed.  I know I shouldn't be.  Makeb also released with just 4 hardmode FP's.  Doesn't help though. I'm still disappointed.

I'm guessing they'll convert some of the existing ones shortly afterwards. Probably the ones that are currently still 50's.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

My guess is that the 4 will consist of existing leveling FPs that have yet to have a max level conversion, similar to the 4 that launched with RotHC. Colicoid wargames is one that comes to mind.

With that said, its utterly sad, though not suprising, that its launching with only 4 HM FPs. I am completely against them pretty much abandoning HMs in favor of TFPs

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

only 2 old flashpoints have yet to be converted into heroics.  Colicoid and Red Reaper ?  Red something anyways.  Imo Colicoid lend itself poorly to be converted into a hardmode. 

The latest Forged Alliance tacticals consist of 4 FP's.  That's why I speculate they are the ones we will get as hardmodes.  Sometime later the 2 new tactical FP's will be probably be released as hardmodes too. 

So in 3.1 at the earliest we will have 6 hardmode FP's. That would be ridiculously optimistic though. Let's keep it optimistic,  but lets not go crazy.   3.1 will most likely be balancing and bugfixing.  So lets make it 3.2

That will make it 4 months with just 4 hard FP's,  and just 6 after that.  I know we don't have much more today.  I run 50 FP's from time to time for the variation,  but at level 60 they will most likely be so easy I could solo them without companion.

Lets face it.  Since 2.0 we haven't had much variation when it comes to FP's.  Yes I know we get tacticals.  It's not the same. Especially for tanks and healers it's nowhere near the same experience. 

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

SWTOR have content updates every 6-8 weeks. Even when we dont know about those new HM dungeons, they probably have more FP,WZ and OP to be released soon after the xpac.  

Originally posted by hikaru77

SWTOR have content updates every 6-8 weeks. Even when we dont know about those new HM dungeons, they probably have more FP,WZ and OP to be released soon after the xpac.  

6-8 weeks wasn't that later changed to every 9 weeks ?  Fairly sure it was,  but I might be mistaken.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by hikaru77

6-8 weeks wasn't that later changed to every 9 weeks ?  Fairly sure it was,  but I might be mistaken.

It is now every 9 weeks but the point still stands , content is released in between expacs. It's what us subscribers actually pay for.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

They've said on the forums that Colicoid won't be turned into a hard mode, something about the amount of work it would require (I assume because of the set pieces).

I too believe the four HM flashpoints will be Forged Alliance ones, I suspect they did the work on them as they were creating them in preparation for the expansions release.

It does seem to be how they do Flashpoints now... release Tactical then do Hard Mode versions at same time or later. I don't think we'll ever see another normal Flashpoint again.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by bobfish

They've said on the forums that Colicoid won't be turned into a hard mode, something about the amount of work it would require (I assume because of the set pieces).

I too believe the four HM flashpoints will be Forged Alliance ones, I suspect they did the work on them as they were creating them in preparation for the expansions release.

It does seem to be how they do Flashpoints now... release Tactical then do Hard Mode versions at same time or later. I don't think we'll ever see another normal Flashpoint again.

You're most likely correct about them already making them behind the screens. Most MMO's make content months ahead of release after all.

As for the normal Flashpoints... I don't know... =/

I'm guessing there's a good chance that you're right. Tacticals for the masses, to avoid the horrible queue times caused by a lack of tanks (on just about every MMO. People simply don't seem to like the burdens that come with playing a tank, but there's already other topics on that subject), while the HM versions are meant for classic trinity play. Unlike their "normal" tactical version the HMs have all required a proper group so far, so I expect the same to continue with the 4 upcoming HMs.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

And that's fine.  I don't mind tactical FP for the masses. I just think only 4 hardmodes is not enough.

Makeb startet with 4 hardmodes,  and today 1½ years later we have 2 more making it a total of 6 hard mode FP's.  SoR will release with 4 and hopefully the 2 new tactical it realeases with will come in a hardmode version relatively soon.  Even so 6 hardmodes is barely enough.

Even with the 2 new tacticals being made into hardmode relatively soon,  there's no garatie we will see more new FP's (hardmode) for 1½years,  just like what happened with Makeb.

For the more casual crowd there will be 9 tactical FP's assuming all tacticals will be scaled to max level, and I don't see why that wouldn't happen.

I know I'm being Mr. Negativity here.  I'm just not exited about the expansion. Revan being the big bad and uniting with the opposing faction to kill him doesn't help. There's also the discipline system.  For now I'm taking a wait and see approach and haven't preordered.