Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too many rude players

13»

Comments

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by RudyRaccoon
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by IG-88

Im playing SWTOR on and off and am often appalled by the immature, arrogand and unfriendly players. I unsubbed  awhile ago as i just had enough. Most are not like that, naturally, but it just takes a few bad apples to ruin the fun.

So what should I do about this problem?

• Disable General Chat, Check.
    • Change server, Uncertain?
    • PvE grouping, Uncertain?
    • PvP grouping, Uncertain?
    So is the game even worth playing if your uncertain about the general playerbase?

Yes, roll a level 1 character on one of the RP servers and see if you like it better.

Is there truly any difference being on a roleplaying server vs a normal pvp server? I don't think I've ever really roleplayed, I think I remember trying out roleplaying on WoW a very long time ago and it seemed strange, I'm not a quick keyboard typer and I wouldn't know what to say in character anyway. :/

Since I'm from the UK the only English EU server that does roleplaying is The Progenitor.

About my current server. Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP), is it actually a bad server?

Not everyone on an RP server actually roleplays.

A lot of players choose RP servers, because in general they seem to attract a more helpful and polite crowd.

My advice, don't let any trolls sour your gaming experience. Simply put them on your ignore list and enjoy the silence. : P

Also, I wouldn't disable General Chat. Over time you could meet some really great people there, who initially like you asked for help or advice, or were looking for a group.

Also, you might want to consider creating or joining a guild.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by theoccult
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by IG-88

Im playing SWTOR on and off and am often appalled by the immature, arrogand and unfriendly players. I unsubbed  awhile ago as i just had enough. Most are not like that, naturally, but it just takes a few bad apples to ruin the fun.

So what should I do about this problem?

• Disable General Chat, Check.
    • Change server, Uncertain?
    • PvE grouping, Uncertain?
    • PvP grouping, Uncertain?
    So is the game even worth playing if your uncertain about the general playerbase?

Yes, roll a level 1 character on one of the RP servers and see if you like it better.

Is there truly any difference being on a roleplaying server vs a normal pvp server? I don't think I've ever really roleplayed, I think I remember trying out roleplaying on WoW a very long time ago and it seemed strange, I'm not a quick keyboard typer and I wouldn't know what to say in character anyway. :/

Since I'm from the UK the only English EU server that does roleplaying is The Progenitor.

About my current server. Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP), is it actually a bad server?

Not everyone on an RP server actually roleplays.

A lot of players choose RP servers, because in general they seem to attract a more helpful and polite crowd.

My advice, don't let any trolls sour your gaming experience. Simply put them on your ignore list and enjoy the silence. : P

Also, I wouldn't disable General Chat. Over time you could meet some really great people there, who initially like you asked for help or advice, or were looking for a group.

Also, you might want to consider creating or joining a guild.

Pretty much.

And yep, Tomb of Freedon Nadd is a server with a very bad reputation.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    well, it does get annoying when ppl ask how they should play, what should they spec, what is the best(fill in).  Play the game, figure it out.  Google works better anyway, im not going to answer in detail when you can just look it up yourself.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

The last time I played this game I was asking for talent build advice for my Jedi Sage and all I got were mostly no comments and a guy telling me to shut up...

And this sort of thing is why I don't play this game anymore...

I don't want to play a game full of nasty people.

Though I liked the game in general but the community ruins the game, now I see why everyone wished this was Knights of the Old Republic 3 instead of being an MMO. :/

You have idiots in every MMO but you would be better off Googling for that info - there's a ton of good sites with great info on all aspects of SWTOR (and the browser won't call you names)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Hey!! RudyRaccoon....SHAT AP YOU FACE OK?
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

When I played. SWTOR had a great community.

Upon announcing it going free to play. That's when I jumped ship. Because I know how F2P communities are.

Come on dude, You can't really blame it all on f2p as the problem. You get this in sub only games as well. With swotor its really hard for f2p players as they can't even post questions on the new player help board. Even Star Trek online lets its f2p players ask questions about the game on the boards. The restrictions are so bad in this game. No f2p player should even bother with it..They don't want you there.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    F2P MMOs seem to attract more asswipes than subscriber based one's. TERA Online is ripe with them, which is sad because it is a pretty good MMO.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So OP, you're saying a community is nasty because most people do not respond to a question that you can google and one guy trolls you.....I think you're trolling us.