Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Earth School Now Live in Latest Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Earth School has opened in Darkfall: Unholy Wars thanks to the latest patch deployment. With the Earth School in place, Elementalists now have a new way of experiencing the world. In addition to the Earth School, players can also expect to see refinements in movement responsiveness, booster changes and more.

Embracing the strength of earth and stone, an Elementalist can protect himself with the indomitability of a mountain or shower his enemies in the acidic poisons of the deepest bowels of the world!

Attunement to Earth:

Take on the impenetrable aspect of heavy metal and hard rock! You will gain a stack of immunities with each stack rendering you completely immune to a single source of damage.

Tectonic Shift:

You reach into the bowels of Agon and quickly tear up a wall of earth to stop your enemies in their tracks. You must be targeting physical terrain or objects.

Caustic Bolt:

Propel a globule of the purest acid towards your foe.

Each subsequent time the bolt strikes it will also render the target weaker to acid, thus causing more damage as well as renewing the previous debuff.

Acid Rock:

Break on through to the other side..of the prime Earthen material plane! Proceed to summon forth a boulder of pure, crystallized, acid and slam it down onto a foe for some pain with a side of face-meltage! Adding insult to injury, your hapless enemy will be rendered unable to parry for a small duration.

Heart of Stone (Ultimate):

Put yourself between a rock and a hard place! Encase yourself within a boulder to gain increased regenerations and a massive immunity to all sources of damage except impact. However, any impact damage that you receive will also rebound and pulse outwards around you.

Check out the full notes on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Remember, Darkfall Unholy Wars will be free for everyone starting this Friday. You can check out all the massive change since release.
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Just a correction above. Darkfall free weekend is starting from this Friday morning to Sunday morning.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Someone who played original Darkfall like a crazy person (I didn't), and someone who has played UW like a crazy person (I haven't), explain whether or not this game is worth it. All I've heard is Aventurine sucks, and I bought the initial release and it was god-awful in my books.

Is movement improved? Is the shitty UI improved? Can you fucking shortcut a skill to one button like every other MMORPG on the market and not have to use some macro program? You know... day 1 basic MMORPG stuff in 2014.

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

Hi wormed!

Yes, movement was improved greatly with this combat patch. The UI has also gone through a lot of changes (and additions) since launch, and you can certainly assign all your spells/skills/weapons/potions/food to hotkeys. The "default" bindings are absolutely atrocious, but once you rebind things to your liking it's very easy to utilize.

I wouldn't listen too much to all the Aventurine / Unholy Wars hate as it comes from a select group of players who were die-hard DF1 fans and who can't let go. They spam the same negativity on the forums as well as in global, but there are many players like myself that absolutely love the game and have fun. If you listen and pay attention to all the negativity from those few it can certainly bring you down with it, and that's why most of us simply ignore it and look forward to what the present, and future, of Unholy Wars brings.

If you come back and play on the NA server, send me a message in game at "Kasmos TNT" and I'll be happy to help you get up and running. There's also a new mentor system that came out a few months ago that I would take advantage of as a new player as you get connected to a veteran who should also help you get off the ground.

I hope that answers your questions, feel free to post anymore that you have and I'll be happy to answer.

- Kasmos

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Not a DF1 elitist fanboy. Played DF:UW from beta and 6 months into release when I realised that the game was a dumbed down fraction of what was promised to be DF:UW.

So it's a year and half after this game was released? And these changes have just been put in now? Players have been screaming for this since beta started almost 2 years ago. And all the schools are STILL not implemented? Yeah, I will keep passing on this one. Don't believe the lies and excuses!

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Kasmos

Hi wormed!

Yes, movement was improved greatly with this combat patch. The UI has also gone through a lot of changes (and additions) since launch, and you can certainly assign all your spells/skills/weapons/potions/food to hotkeys. The "default" bindings are absolutely atrocious, but once you rebind things to your liking it's very easy to utilize.

I wouldn't listen too much to all the Aventurine / Unholy Wars hate as it comes from a select group of players who were die-hard DF1 fans and who can't let go. They spam the same negativity on the forums as well as in global, but there are many players like myself that absolutely love the game and have fun. If you listen and pay attention to all the negativity from those few it can certainly bring you down with it, and that's why most of us simply ignore it and look forward to what the present, and future, of Unholy Wars brings.

If you come back and play on the NA server, send me a message in game at "Kasmos TNT" and I'll be happy to help you get up and running. There's also a new mentor system that came out a few months ago that I would take advantage of as a new player as you get connected to a veteran who should also help you get off the ground.

I hope that answers your questions, feel free to post anymore that you have and I'll be happy to answer.

- Kasmos

Cheers, Kasmos!

I might hop on for the free weekend. :) Thanks.