Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age: Inquisition: Check Out Character Customization with the Devs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During an earlier live stream event, Bioware took to Twitch.tv to show off the character creation and customization options that players will have access to in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Developers ran through creating the faces of both a Human Male and a Qunari Female. Obviously, if you can make...that...you see below, you can make anything!

Check out the stream video on the Bioware Twitch.tv channel.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Oh my!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    wow that's very detailed.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Good character creation =/= good rpg game.

I have seen plenty of nice looking character creators in games, and the core gameplay was horse manure.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Ewww and yuk!

Ewww because of that character and yuck because they are using a console to show it off. That always scares me.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I have seen plenty of nice looking character creators in games, and the core gameplay was horse manure.

And no one said it did.

I'll add that I'm not concerned with this game, even though there were questionable choices in Dragon Age 2.

I think that it will be a decent game when compared to the first one or any of the Mass Effect games.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Sovrath

And no one said it did.

I'll add that I'm not concerned with this game, even though there were questionable choices in Dragon Age 2.

I think that it will be a decent game when compared to the first one or any of the Mass Effect games.

Really?

I've yet to see a single reason to actually play it, over the Witcher 3. Which it looks like they are trying to copy from. Dragon Age use to be a series unto itself. Baulders Gate feel, Bioware Writing. Every video they've shown to date makes it seem like they should have just called the game "Witcher Age: The Inquistion" and called it a day.

I understand no one wants to do the same old same old all the time. But what's with these companies just crapping on their IP's. What's wrong with just making something rock solid. Square-Soft with Final Fantasy are another good example.  I looked at the FF15 video and almost fell out my chair laughing. KH combat mixed with N-sync character design? Final Fantasy Type-0 is more of a FF then 15 is or ever will be, and that imho is pretty sad.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I am cautiously hoping this game turns out to be good.  I want it to be good but have learned the hard lesson too many times.  I can hope though.
  • ProGeeProGee Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Beware the wrath of fans... If You try to change a game to fit what the fans asked for then you are copying from someone else and should be ashamed. If you stick to the same formula you lack innovation and should also be ashamed! Logic, eh?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Roin

And no one said it did.

Really?

I've yet to see a single reason to actually play it, over the Witcher 3. Which it looks like they are trying to copy from. Dragon Age use to be a series unto itself. Baulders Gate feel, Bioware Writing. Every video they've shown to date makes it seem like they should have just called the game "Witcher Age: The Inquistion" and called it a day.

I understand no one wants to do the same old same old all the time. But what's with these companies just crapping on their IP's. What's wrong with just making something rock solid. Square-Soft with Final Fantasy are another good example.  I looked at the FF15 video and almost fell out my chair laughing. KH combat mixed with N-sync character design? Final Fantasy Type-0 is more of a FF then 15 is or ever will be, and that imho is pretty sad.

Not sure why I'd have to play it over The Witcher 3 I like RPG's I'll play both ( no reason to make teams to side with out of them), besides it's not like there aren't months in between the two games.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Even if it does turn into a poor man's Witcher 3 that still sounds like a very drastic improvement over Dragon Age 2.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I have a feeling this will be a very bad game.. still hope i am wrong.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I don't understand why a  developer would devote so many resources to a part of the game that you only see once in a characters journey.

The players that need much detail are few and far between.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

IDK about that I've heard of players who spent hours getting their character just right.  ESO had major problems when some people were deleting their first character because they didn't like the way they looked in game and the first character was tied to in-game packages they received in their mail. 

Also if a game has multiple endings or classes you may want to play again with different looking characters.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

And no one said it did.

Really?

As a fan of both series and having read all the books of both, this is the second time i've heard that Dragon age is trying to copy from Witcher.

Where the hell do you see it as neither those i talk to or hang out with see Bioware trying to copy anything from the Witcher?

While there some similarities in their Dark fantasy setting as there is in many of them, i see two different games with both great lore and characters.

Hope that Bioware releases a character creation tool like they usually do before the release as i'm going to spend a few hours customizing my characters :D

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    The world needs more good singleplayer rpgs

And no one said it did.

Really?

I don't see where it's "copying" witcher 3 at all.

They are both story rpg's, except that Dragon Age Inquisition is party based.

Is it the "open world"? Notice how Skyrim is hugely successful and "open world" and suddenly wticher 3 is "open world" (well, in three maps) and Dragon Age inquisition is also "open world".

For my taste that's a step in the right direction as both Dragon Age and Witcher games felt stagnate on their maps which felt like "sets".

Now if we can get the bethesda folk to bolster their story telling we'd be in a better place.

And as another poster mentioned, why should I play one thing over another? I'll just play both.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

And no one said it did.

I think you're right about that. Everything's indicating it'll be a good game.

Skyhold, the various classes and races, the multiplayer option... everything's sounding pretty good from what I've seen of it so far.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/