Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F.E.A.R. Online: Headed to Steam Beginning October 17th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aeria Games has announced that F.E.A.R. Online will be heading to Steam and will officially open its doors on October 17th. Players wanting to get in on the action earlier can sign up for the continuing beta.

Fans of the celebrated horror franchise will be able to engage in new, terrifying experiences within the F.E.A.R. universe. Following player feedback from the closed beta, an extensive redesign and gameplay adjustments make for a truly unique first-person shooter game. With the addition of new maps, a new scenario, and a redesigned crafting system which allows for making one-of-a-kind weapons, F.E.A.R. Online will deliver what fans have been asking for.

Check out the F.E.A.R. Online Steam page for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

*Gasp*

What??

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Woa!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well I would not get very excited considering it is Aeria games hosting it.  Everything they host are all upper crust of pay-to-win games.

I also don't think they host a decent game.  If these developers had to sink so low as to have Aeria host it, it can't be a very good game.  Sure to drain your pocket book and not provide much in the way of game play.

• GurosanGurosan Member UncommonPosts: 24

on 17th steam releases borderlands pre-sequel, might be good alternative as long you don't mind paying.

as for fear- will probably try at some point.

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Wasn't very good in closed beta. It has virtually nothing to do with FEAR and it doesn't even play like it at all. The shooting and weapons all feel like generic FPS weapons and there were some ridiculously OP things in there.

The game was pretty fun but it was plagued by MANY game breaking bugs and other minor issues that affected gameplay negatively. Can't say I'd recommend the game at all from my experiences with it in CB and this is not even looking at the cash shop stuff. Don't expect much if you do decide to try it, especially if you're a fan of the FEAR franchise.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Aeria Games...pass.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Didn't realize Aeria Games ... pass
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Aeria games...just give me all your money and I'll promise to come by your house and slap you in the face, same effect!
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Anyway .... 3rd person shoter, not interested at all.