Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could wait no longer

Having no good MMORPG to turn back to, I started early and made my toon on Illuminati faction.  Forgot how great this game was and played all weekend.  Can't wait for the MMORPG.com guild to start up.  Will probably reroll agian once that happens.  

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Interesting.  I was thinking the same thing last night.  I'm going to update my client and create a new toon.  PM me if you want to play together.
  • oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by grimal
    Interesting.  I was thinking the same thing last night.  I'm going to update my client and create a new toon.  PM me if you want to play together.

awesome, for some reason I can't remember my toons name (at work) but will post it when I get home!

• Kassats75Kassats75 Member Posts: 6

I'll join u guys.

got a trial key so I can check the game out?.

u can pm with it

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    You know if we actually start a guild for this I'll be more than happy to give this game another whirl.
    Im up for it...Ill join without a doubt

Im on Arcadia - Illuminati

I think my toons name is Tormenntor :P

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    I'll reroll also and join you guys in a guild. TSW is a great game. I got stuck in Egypt on a build though and stopped playing because i was only playing Solo. This is a great "group" type game so whoever else is in, the more the merrier =)
    this game really does have alot of great stuff in it, unfortunately most people don't like a "challenge". The dungeons alone in this game are outstanding. Challenging but well thought out and put together. Same with the story and lore. I like the skill point based system as well. Makes for overall well rounded characters. Sure combat and animations are a bit awkward but everything else makes up for it in a big way.

cool, when you guys login and create a toon, share the name on here...whoever wants to create the guild go for it...Imma casual with a sporadic playtime...have a wife and 3 kids :P

but Im in like Flint

btw, still have both my in-game MMORPG.com shirts :P

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Shayyd80
    this game really does have alot of great stuff in it, unfortunately most people don't like a "challenge". The dungeons alone in this game are outstanding. Challenging but well thought out and put together. Same with the story and lore. I like the skill point based system as well. Makes for overall well rounded characters. Sure combat and animations are a bit awkward but everything else makes up for it in a big way.

The Secret World easily has some of the best dungeons I've seen in an MMO.

They have good bits of story in them, kinda like SWTOR's, but not so much that they annoy the impatient types. Though I did have it happen that someone whined at me for actually watching one of the cutscenes instead of hitting the escape button. :P

And the fight mechanics are all fun. Neverwinter could learn a lot from studying TSW's dungeons. (For those of you who've never played Neverwinter, if you ever do play it and run a couple of dungeons you'll start to see what I mean by that.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

They have good bits of story in them, kinda like SWTOR's, but not so much that they annoy the impatient types. Though I did have it happen that someone whined at me for actually watching one of the cutscenes instead of hitting the escape button. :P

And the fight mechanics are all fun. Neverwinter could learn a lot from studying TSW's dungeons. (For those of you who've never played Neverwinter, if you ever do play it and run a couple of dungeons you'll start to see what I mean by that.)

Neverwinter was a good game...had alot of fun with it...only issue I had that was game breaking for me (at launch and beta) was the tanking.  as a Guard you couldn't hold aggro....they had that weird thing where if you got hit, you lost a bunch of aggro and had to do the skill again just to get it back, but yeah, NW could have learned tons from TSW on dungeons.  Love the dungeons in TSW...one of kind pretty much

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Always good to see someone finding something they enjoy playing. Often times we look for MMOs as a way to escape and forget how to have fun. Hope it works out.
  • RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I'd love to give it a try but I don't get paid until Wednesday. Does anyone have a spare trial key so I can pre-load it and check it out in the mean while?
    Originally posted by Rynet
    I'd love to give it a try but I don't get paid until Wednesday. Does anyone have a spare trial key so I can pre-load it and check it out in the mean while?

I'll see if I have one....I know I never gave any away

if you send me your email address I can get you a buddy key that's good for 72 hours:

"Send out an invite to each of your friends, who then receive a key which lets them try out The Secret World for free for 72 hours."

If ya want, just send me a message with it and Ill get it out. 

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by oldschoolpunk

if you send me your email address I can get you a buddy key that's good for 72 hours:

"Send out an invite to each of your friends, who then receive a key which lets them try out The Secret World for free for 72 hours."

Message sent. Thank you!

cool, when you guys login and create a toon, share the name on here...whoever wants to create the guild go for it...Imma casual with a sporadic playtime...have a wife and 3 kids :P

but Im in like Flint

btw, still have both my in-game MMORPG.com shirts :P

same here, married with 3 kiddos lol dang i'm getting old

Leviathan RP Server

I chose Chaos Faction since i never tried it. 

I'll tank, heal or dps. 

I'll create the guild if i need to

My name: 

Meinl "Phayyd" Parayyd

Message me in game!! Can't wait =D

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Neverwinter was a good game...had alot of fun with it...only issue I had that was game breaking for me (at launch and beta) was the tanking.  as a Guard you couldn't hold aggro....they had that weird thing where if you got hit, you lost a bunch of aggro and had to do the skill again just to get it back, but yeah, NW could have learned tons from TSW on dungeons.  Love the dungeons in TSW...one of kind pretty much

Agreed, Neverwinter has a lot of things that were fun, but the dungeons got pretty boring fast - after doing a few of them you quickly realize that just about every boss spams a ton of red circles (AoEs) and summons a gazillion adds. Not terribly creative to have the same combat mechanics over and over in each dungeon.

And I remember those days. Unfortunately my main character was a Guardian, the most pathetic class there was at that point in the game. (It's slightly improved ever since.)

Overall TSW is definitely the superior game for me though.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Leviathan RP Server

I chose Chaos Faction since i never tried it. 

I'll tank, heal or dps. 

I'll create the guild if i need to

My name: 

Meinl "Phayyd" Parayyd

Message me in game!! Can't wait =D

cool, I create a new toon for that...I have a maxed out Chaos as well for speed runs if need be.

Imma spec Chaos/Hammer

Ill send you an ingame message when I get on...gotta hit up the gym first.

Awesome that you have 3 kids too...I feel old as well :P

Don't we all need to be of the same faction to be in a guild together?  If so, are we rolling Illuminati then?

Edit: I most likely have keys.  PM me your email and I'll send you one.

Originally posted by Rynet

Message sent. Thank you!

cool, I put you in for it...let me know ya got it!

It doesn't matter to me which faction we choose...Shayyd said he made a Chaos on Leviathon so I was gonna roll with that, but if we don't have a consensus on that, I can do whatever.  Any faction works for me

Chaos on Leviathon.  Rolling one now.

cool...my toon is Tormentys

Ill be on in about 90 min...heading out to gym finally :P...