Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2nd Kickstarter Failed?

2»

Comments

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Thanks Tor. Well with so much publicity due to the KS failure, the time seems ripe for them to attempt another. :) Nothing to lose except for some face.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

First time I'm even hearing about this game.

There's your failure right there.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    I spent a few hours playing this last week and had a blast, very old school feel to be honest. I hope things work out for them as this seems like a game I could get behind.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Originally posted by DMKano

There were what not even 300 total backers on KS.

Even if they charged $5 - 300 people wouldn't even cover the cost of hosting the alpha server each month. 

Well its not like they need a server farm to run an alpha with a few thousand concurrent users. A decent vps would do it for 50$ a month. But otherwise I see your point, 300 subs wouldn't pay the rent and food for two persons. And they wouldn'tbe able come come up with so much new content to keep the same 300 interested.

About the game.. There are some interesting mechanics and it has a good oleskool wibe, the choice of combat style didn't speak to me, but its so refreshing to see a game not doing the themepark thing -  We so need a pve sandbox, an actual mmoRPG.

That said PG has a long way to go, and I doubt that little KS money they ask for will get the game very far... In that way, I had much more confidence in Pantheon.

• Atis-nobAtis-nob Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Arclan

Originally posted by Atis-nob
    ...MMORPG.COM article appeared only 10 days before KS campaign's end...

so, once KS fails, are they barred from attempting another?

They can try again, but after second failed kickstarter they can  get quite discouraged.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 565
    Well it stings, and there were definitely failures on their end in terms of publicity, but they aren't giving up. They are working on redoing their site and taking to the self funding route. Possibly a small subscription plan or possibly founder packs, all the usual ways to raise money. However doing it in small steady ways might be best for them. The all or nothing KS route is great if you can get mass word out like Star Citizen or Camelot Unchained. They had huge names behind them that would give them mass media coverage based on their name alone. This does not have that, yet its a project worth supporting in a sea of cloned mediocrity. So I hope they offer a founder pack sub plan, I'll happy sign up for each and for the first time ever feel happy and proud to do so. Hell I'd even just outright donate money to these guys for nothing in return (no founder pack or whatever), as long as I can continue to play what they already have available for free. The character graphics might look and animate like shit, but the core game is that good.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Early access fee, build up small community, keep updating the game while listening to the player base (which is mostly mature unlike in other games) and you dont need ks or loan.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Problem = Failure to market.

Fix the problem and retry KS.

First time I heard about the game and it does look very promising.