Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING--how I got banned last night...

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Background:  I have played MMOs since 1999 starting with Ultima Online, DAOC, WoW, Age of Conan, WAR, RIFT and now Archeage. 

I have NEVER been banned or done anything against the terms of service INTENTIONALLY.

Beginning:  I was very very very lucky in this game.  Becasue of the crappy launch and the 6-8 queue times, I was sitting in queue  when Lucius server went live.  I got on and within 2 hours had a house design, a small garden and was member of a guild that is strong and growing. 

I now own two houses, two small gardens and two large gardens.

What happened:  In guild chat my guild master was talking about an article he read called "a beginners guide to F2P" and it sounded interesting.  So I read it.

Here is where I made a mistake.  I made a second account and logged on.  I was at once  booted from that server.  "Ooops" I sad to myself.  And went back to my old account.  I played for a maybe two more hours and went to bed. 

Got up this morning to cut wood and AH my lumber like a good business man but could not log on.

I assume I was banned for making a second account. 

Do not do this!

ty

k

EDIT:  by the way, the message I get when I try to log in telling me I was banned also says I will receive an email telling me why I was banned.  DID NOT receive that email.

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Sounds legit.......

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Are you sure you're actually banned? Given the snail pace of Trion's customer service, I"d be surprised if they banned someone so quickly after the supposed infraction.
  • Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

When I try to log in I get a message saying I am banned and must email [email protected]

Note:  no warnings, just a ban.  I assume it will take a week to resolve.

Thankfully my taxes are paid up until the 10th of October

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

You're allowed to have multiple accounts.

You must have done something.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

You're allowed to have multiple accounts.

You must have done something.

Exactly.

We're not being told the whole story here, OP has zero credibility.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Sounds a bit dodgy. There is no rules against having 4 farms or 2 accounts. You can do this, if you are prepared to being killed by other players of course, but not by Trion.

Better check again before troll typing.

Here is the sequence of events...

1.  made second account

2.  logged onto serve

3.  immeditaley booted with a message "you have been removed by a game master"

4.  tried again, same thing

5.  went back to old account played for 2 hours

6.  got up this morning got banned message on log in

I f I did anything else what would be the purpose of whining about it in this forum?

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

1. You're allowed to have multiple accounts

2. You claim to have been banned for having multiple accounts

3. This does not add up

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Not exactly true the answers you get to your post from others here. Sometimes a guild member or multiple members of the same guild use hacks or cheat in game and the full guild at this point gets banned because of those said members.

Remember that you said yourself your guild was just like you the first to get in and really popular and active. If lot's of reports from other players about things some of them do are illigal and trions have proof then the full guild will get penalize.

They can't prove that any of you are good players just by looking at the things you do on your own account, remember you can have multiple accounts. " there is nothing that says you cant own multiple account " So there is no way for them to know what account belongs to who for sure, so don't blame trion again for this kind of way to react to the situation. Lot's of other publisher does the same thing. If multiple members of a guild including people high up in the guild do use shady methods in game then the full guild gets ban.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Correlation does not imply causation

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    To get my refund i had to wait after sending multiple emails yet when i got tired of waiting i just kept emailing them funny how that was more effective.there customer service is definitely slow!
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

What country are you playing from ?

It sounds like either you're leaving something out or you were banned by mistake for some other reason. I don't think it had anything to do with the second account.

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    You may have had other software running that would have red flagged their cheat detection.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    games just don't ban you for anything and if you made a new account they will just say you already have an account if its an issue,maybe they made a mistake or you did-hope you get help if you want to play the game late game does not look bad from videos I have seen but I am still not that interested in this game.
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by sketocafe

1. You're allowed to have multiple accounts

2. You claim to have been banned for having multiple accounts

3. This does not add up

Yeah I know he is a liar because I have three accounts and not just for AA but also Rift and Defiance. The OP is just trying to cause trouble.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Originally posted by Starbuck1771

Originally posted by sketocafe 1. You're allowed to have multiple accounts 2. You claim to have been banned for having multiple accounts 3. This does not add up
    Yeah I know he is a liar because I have three accounts and not just for AA but also Rift and Defiance. The OP is just trying to cause trouble.

It's just a clever ploy to convince people to only have one account so that he can get in game sooner, have a chance at a plot of land, or create a character on a race locked server (at which I think there are none, but there have been locks).

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I don't know about OP's specific circumstances but I know for a fact and from experience (in Rift) that Trion has a long history of arbitrary punishments/bans even if you aren't breaking a specific clause of the EULA/TOS.   In most cases it just depends on which GM you happen to be dealing with.  GM #1 might issue a ban where GM #2 would do nothing because you aren't breaking the rules and GM #3 would give a warning.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    So you were banned but you dont know why, you just suspect and speculate, right?
    Again I will repeat I have NOT received an email from triton telling me what I did but when I do I will post it here
    Also all I do in the game is quest mine and plant cut trees I did do sm once but other than that the ONLY thing I have done differently is making that second account
  • ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

OP probably is botting on mutiple accounts, trion worlds is famous to deal bans to bots instantly.

this happens in rift game too, trion deal with bots swiftly with zero tolerance. Thats why its hard to bot in rift.

trion will catch you and deal with bots and its linked accounts.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

you got banned becouse you owned too many land plots

then some group or guild reported you, doesnt matter for what

GMs dont check the reports

if they recive xxx number of reports your banned by system

this works in almost all the games, works on twitch and many other portals, works even on mmorpg

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    BS. Either you are lying about what you did or up to some childish scheme. Either way im not surprised this sorta nonsense is coming from this games community. If you were botting i sure hope you never get back in and someone more deserving gets your land. Doubtful though. Some other greedy bastard with a dozen other farms will get it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Moral of the story is don't try to help people until you've got a confirmed response from Trion.

Likely the banning is for some other reason that first stated, but I'm amazed how suspicious, angry and fearful so many people are here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

Better check again before troll typing.

Here is the sequence of events...

1.  made second account

2.  logged onto serve

3.  immeditaley booted with a message "you have been removed by a game master"

4.  tried again, same thing

5.  went back to old account played for 2 hours

6.  got up this morning got banned message on log in

I f I did anything else what would be the purpose of whining about it in this forum?

Maybe wait till tommorow (Monday) te get a response.

I couldn't find anything on not being able to have multible accounts only that you can have 6 characters per account with a max of 4 characters per server.

Maybe the system detected you as some sort of goldscammer? mainly due to your IP perhaps and those multible accounts?

But as said it's much wiser to wait till Mondayto get a proper response, don't think the gamecompany works on a sunday. But have to admit not sure what whinning about it on a forum on a sunday makes any sense, but that's just me, I would wait till the weekend is over and even then take it up with trion instead of a public game forum.