Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the deal with healing??

2»

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493

I think everyone complaining about this game are really not into MMOs . They have been ruined by 10 years of WoW in my opinion. Yes Archage has it flaws as do most games honestly. I'm just tired of all the whiners anymore, people want absolute perfection from games now.  I really think the lack of social skills and the lack of imagination is the real issue which in my opinion are key to enjoying a MMO. 

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by zanfire

lol noone knows what to do outside of quests and crafting to level. Ive seen countless people who think this game is so amazing say that, yet never say how. 

Im sure the games more fun when your at/near cap and can do more of the econmy/pvp stuff effectively, but like you i got to around 20 and was bored as hell. The game is decent, but i have plenty of issues with it:

bland fantasy setting, story is meh.

combat is typical which is worsend for me by the way things dont react or the animations feel like they lag behind whats going on.

PVE is super typical and below par.

the LP system holds back people who want to just craft.

land is always taken and cant be had unless you pay monthly, 

bots.

negative vibe from the community...mainly coming from F2P which the game feels like it should not have been to begin with.

HackShield is a joke.

and of course the ques are beyond crazy with customer support being even worse.

...i could go on...but yah get it.

Like i said i dont hate it, but it feels pretty standard with a very SLIGHT sandbox edge to it...but still barely. If you dont like it 20-30 levels in, you wont like it at all...just unistall like i did and wait to see how it turns out in a few months.

Well, I followed the story line long enough to get the guilda stars needed to place my house (50 stars took me till lvl 19, which was about 2.5 hours). Then after placing my house, I spent the rest of the time doing trade runs and mining/smelting to make the packs for my house and clipper.

I just hit lvl 40. So I am basically a lvl 40 farmer/miner. Now that I am 40 though, I am doing dungeons and PvP mostly at this point.

(I did also do the crafting quest line early on, a total of 4 quest that was running trade packs so I could get my Donkey and Large farm).

*Edit*

I should add, I did kill some mobs, everywhere you go to mine ore, there are usually some mobs in the way.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Quicksand

Well, I followed the story line long enough to get the guilda stars needed to place my house (50 stars took me till lvl 19, which was about 2.5 hours). Then after placing my house, I spent the rest of the time doing trade runs and mining/smelting to make the packs for my house and clipper.

I just hit lvl 40. So I am basically a lvl 40 farmer/miner. Now that I am 40 though, I am doing dungeons and PvP mostly at this point.

(I did also do the crafting quest line early on, a total of 4 quest that was running trade packs so I could get my Donkey and Large farm).

*Edit*

I should add, I did kill some mobs, everywhere you go to mine ore, there are usually some mobs in the way.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I just downloaded Archeage to check it out and I've played one day, got to level 7. I saw a tutorial pop-up about story quests, with green question marks, but I never saw any green question mark, just yellow. I never got any guilda star either so far. Do this quests start later, or is it some kind of bug? I had NPC names display disabled and I've noticed this caused a yellow question mark to not display over NPC quest giver once.

Also, how do those gulida stars work? You get them only from some quests and you buy things like houses and boats for them? Can you get them from other places, from cash-shop or trade them to/from other players? Also, I know you can buy some APEX thing and, by doing so, you can buy Patron status for in-game money somehow, but how do you do that exactly? Can you also buy Credits that you spend in Cash shop for in-game money? I've read the Archeage wiki but the descriptions aren't clear or detailed.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by SimonVDH

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I just downloaded Archeage to check it out and I've played one day, got to level 7. I saw a tutorial pop-up about story quests, with green question marks, but I never saw any green question mark, just yellow. I never got any guilda star either so far. Do this quests start later, or is it some kind of bug? I had NPC names display disabled and I've noticed this caused a yellow question mark to not display over NPC quest giver once.

Start at lvl 1, press "J" and see if quest are there, then "map" to check where u miss it, or back to inicial place and look around.

Also, how do those gulida stars work? You get them only from some quests and you buy things like houses and boats for them?

You get some from personal story quest, then only from inter-continental trade runs. Go to mirage island and check everthing possible to buy with.

Can you get them from other places, from cash-shop or trade them to/from other players?

No, but you can buy from other players what gilda stars buy, like designs.

Also, I know you can buy some APEX thing and, by doing so, you can buy Patron status for in-game money somehow, but how do you do that exactly?

Theres plenty of APEX on AH, buy it and use it , then go to account and activate. I thing its this way, never done it.

Can you also buy Credits that you spend in Cash shop for in-game money? I've read the Archeage wiki but the descriptions aren't clear or detailed.

Didnt understand the question.

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Herzy
    I only know East as that is what I'm playing.
    The first dungeon you'll find in Mahadevi, in the City of Towers.
    The dungeon is Palace Cellar and there are quests for both mentor and mentee.

If you were following your green (main) quests you'd already be in Mahadevi by level 18.
    I'm only saying this because it's what happened to me. Even though I sidetracked a lot.
    A guildie asked me for it and I didn't know I could run a dungeon at the time.

Ah ok, perfect, because I'm Harani.

I initially didn't do much of my main quest because I wanted to se how far I could get exploring and doing things slightly above my level.

I'll have to check it out since I'm lvl 18.

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

The first two dungeons can be done with any healing weapon.

Howling Abyss (not greater) seems like you'll need a really good crafted healing weapon with at least 200+ healing power. I'm using a 160 healing power club and I don't know if the tanks suck (we're all in lvl 50 quest gear) or if my heals suck but it was impossible to keep everyone up on the 2nd boss (tank was last survivor and won by kiting...) and 3rd boss we wiped about 10 times and gave up on this lvl 44 dungeon...

End game healing prepare to get all crafted Illustrious or higher gear before attempting these dungeons... oh and everyone else gets a decent weapon upgrade through Hasla (lvl 50 zone) token grind except healers so crafted is the only way. (They're about 300-700g on the market for a 200+ healing power weapon). Good luck and hope you enjoy the healer life in this MMO!

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by dreamer05
    I've been playing as a Vitality/Witchcraft/Auromancy at a low level.  However, my one real healing spell barely heals at all.  By the time it takes to cast it, the normal health regen is already almost healing it more.  Also I'm barely level 10 and I'm bored to tears.  There aren't any group events, the quests are so lame, and the story isn't really that enticing.  I really want to enjoy this game and I think the end game has great potential.  Am I correct?  If so, how does everyone push on through to those higher levels without quitting from boredom?

Few things.

First, healing is heightened off of clubs, they are the only weapons that truly have + Healing, yes, staves state that they do add to healing 5% but it is nowhere near the same numbers as you will be throwing out with a club. 

Second, you have chosen one of the most low damage specs possible, so yes, you will be quite low damage - but able to survive longer. 

For you being barely level 10 - and bored to tears, welcome to the beginning of ANY game. I can promise you, and assure you as well, that the game opens up around 15, when you get your first farm - and you start entering zones that can go into war. Keep trudging along - it truly is a great game and experience once you pass the low level drull of any MMO out there. 

Group Events - there are, there are some in Cinderstone and Halcyona. Without including the pirating, trade packs, world bosses and instances. Youll hit your first around 18, Burning Castle, which is always being ran - and always will have groups as it is a mentor daily for anyone over 30. 

Find some friends, avoid shout, get in a guild - the game truly is better with people, I myself started with people, and was one of the lowlifes who 50'd the first week of release. Theres a ton to do, it actually gets overwhelming at 50 - just have to be patient and progress a little more, your almost there.

PM if you need anything or have questions - I'm quite obsessed with this game, as I had a 50 on RU as well. 

Just keep pushing! 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• legendairlegendair Member CommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by dreamer05
    I've been playing as a Vitality/Witchcraft/Auromancy at a low level.  However, my one real healing spell barely heals at all.  By the time it takes to cast it, the normal health regen is already almost healing it more.  Also I'm barely level 10 and I'm bored to tears.  There aren't any group events, the quests are so lame, and the story isn't really that enticing.  I really want to enjoy this game and I think the end game has great potential.  Am I correct?  If so, how does everyone push on through to those higher levels without quitting from boredom?

It already sounds to me like are just following the quest train

Get off the train and pick something you want to be good at and go do it. ArcheAge is about setting goals. Approach it like you would real life. Set a goal to be good at something and just go do it. Otherwise you will hate it.

Stop questing and go do something that -you- want to do

Approach it like you would real life?   Are you some one that lives in a basement with your mother yelling in the background.  Not only is this response creepy, but absurd.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by Saio3

So...In what game leveling as a healer is easy?

Also, level 10 and already complaining? have you even gotten the other 2 classes? Get at least to the first dungeon, fail at healing and then come complain.

When I got to the first dungeon I too struggled a lot, Then crafted a club and everything got better. Then I stopped playing =P.

I never failed at anything.  I didn't start this thread because I wasn't good at healing, I just felt like something was off.  Honestly I have played every big MMO out there, and I really want to like Archeage, but I just can't find myself wanting to log on.  I will keep pushing but the quest line is so boring that I can't even play for more than half an hour before I'm bored to tears.  I want to make it to the end game since I am a big pvp lover, but just don't know if I ever will.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."