Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An MMO Without Gender Lock

CityracerCityracer Member Posts: 4
   When I play an MMO, I look for a very in depth character customization. However, I always feel restricted by gender locking. If I want to make a male character look like a female, I should be able to. If I want my character to cross dress, I should be able to. I feel the virtual world should be a place to experiment. Are there any games that don't have gender locking?

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Yeah gender locking sucks, though I don't even think I could name a fairly recent game that does gender lock, if they do it's usually games that have already been out for years elsewhere.

Idk what I'd recommend, maybe ArcheAge? It had pretty good customization.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey
    Yeah gender locking sucks, though I don't even think I could name a fairly recent game that does gender lock, if they do it's usually games that have already been out for years elsewhere.

Paigey's right. Pretty much every modern MMO gives you the option to pick your gender.

So you're pretty much free to play anything that came out within the last five years (or even the whole decade for that matter :P).

If you still want suggestions... what kind of genre are you looking for? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Something else?

And what do you want to do in the game? Do you want one that's more focused on telling stories? One that leans towards crafting and exploration? Or do you simply want to murder every other player you come across of (PvP focused)? xD

Edit: Also what kind of payment model do you want the game to be? Subscription only? F2P? B2P?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CityracerCityracer Member Posts: 4

I know most MMOs allow you to pick your gender, but they still have other forms of gender locking like restricting hairstyles and clothing, or if they have body sliders, they don't let you make characters have the body shape of the opposite gender.

Genre doesn't matter to me, I prefer crafting and exploring, and I only play F2P.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Cityracer

I know most MMOs allow you to pick your gender, but they still have other forms of gender locking like restricting hairstyles and clothing, or if they have body sliders, they don't let you make characters have the body shape of the opposite gender.

Genre doesn't matter to me, I prefer crafting and exploring, and I only play F2P.

Second Life it is.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

To be honest, I find Second Life boring. I do like some combat, just not PVP.
    In terms of character customization, Aion is close to what I want. The only issues are gender locked clothes and the chest slider for Males is unmovable.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

So you want to make a dude char with boobs? Okay...don't think I've seen any game that does that.

If you want effeminate male characters though, you could try the blood elves in WoW. Or Aion, like you said. Or really, any asian-themed MMO, all their characters look like Korean pop stars.

You could also try Lusternia, and describe your character to look however you want. Make a dwarf with big boobs, or a bearded Siren, whatever you fancy.