Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy Patron account, total rip off!

ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

A big part of this game is farming, building stuff for housing & boats, doing trade routes, etc.  All of this stuff really requires property and labor.  Both of which you get enhancements from being a patron.  However, if you get patron you will discover that there isn't any land available anywhere.  This means that you can't grow trees, animals or plants.  Well you can grow some tree's in a public area but you can't produce anything that will create fabric.  What you can grow in public farms is highly restrictive meaning you won't be able to grow enough to build things or do trade routes without buying needed resources from the auction house.

So without land you got no farms, housing, nothing to build other than a boat, you be severely handicapped at crafting, and you will need to do a lot of pvp to make enough money to buy basic supplies.  

Bottom line is you the patron ability to buy land will be useless, and the extra labor you get will also be mostly useless since you won't be doing a lot of crafting etc.  As a f2p account you might feel the pinch on labor initially but you will eventually run out of money to use up your labor as things get harder and more expensive.

So buy a patron account without land being availabe is a rip off.  So you should know that there is NO land available.  Some people with land will tell you there is land  available and that might be true in PvP areas where people can steal your crops and even destroy your farm.... 

Anyway owning a Patron account I'm pretty frustrated as I've been looking for land for over a week.  People are selling it for 16x16 for 400g which is a ton of money if you can't again grow resources and cash in on trade routes.

---
Ethion

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Land is an issue but nobody can steal your crops or burn your house  down .....and it's really not that hard to farm a plot in a pvp zone as long as you're flexible enough to go there at peace time .

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

Land is a total Bitch to find, at least on Ollo.

I've been looking for 3 days w/ no luck and have even been scammed out ot 55g trying to buy a plot of land.

I'm not giving up though....

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    I would say that if you werent a patron in the first couple days as servers were coming up then yeah, no point in getting now. Better to just wait 2 weeks for all of the content locusts to move on and their stuff to get demolished.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Yeah that's my point.  Don't buy patron now it is a waste...  Maybe in a month it will be better.

---
    Ethion

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I was going to try it out but now I think I'll just wait after reading everyone's comments so far. I have 2 characters right now (max # of slots going the F2P route). One is level 30 and the other is level 10... I think. I'm in queue right now so I don't recall. I'll probably get one or both to level 50 before trying out the starter packs/patron status.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

I was going to try it out but now I think I'll just wait after reading everyone's comments so far. I have 2 characters right now (max # of slots going the F2P route). One is level 30 and the other is level 10... I think. I'm in queue right now so I don't recall. I'll probably get one or both to level 50 before trying out the starter packs/patron status.

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the moment, while I evaluate whether the game's really something for me or not.

The house is something I don't have to worry about, since it was planned from the start that I was going to team up with a RL who's really into the game (and was in the headstart).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/