Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most racist mmo chat i have ever seen

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Seems the players are not afraid of Trion soo much racist chat even trial chat i have ever seen in any mmo because of  the bad reporting system i can see a lawsuit here also see bullying in chat every day.

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Welcome to the future of being online and a major contributor to why so many ppl play games solo or in "closed communities " It's these people not the games that have done so much damage to the genre.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Welcome to the future of being online and a major contributor to why so many ppl play games solo or in "closed communities " It's these people not the games that have done so much damage to the genre.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    i agree i actualy watched the chat in disbelief yesterday as 2 guys argued to to point were they asked each others adress so there could fight face to face,this went on for ages,god knows how old these guys were it was crazy.every manner of abuse and racist comments were thrown at each other.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by natpick
    i agree i actualy watched the chat in disbelief yesterday as 2 guys argued to to point were they asked each others adress so there could fight face to face,this went on for ages,god knows how old these guys were it was crazy.every manner of abuse and racist comments were thrown at each other.

That's pretty funny, actually.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I agree.  I have been playing mmos since 1999, and this (global) chat has to be some of the worst chat I have seen.

The "N word" is being thrown around left and right, non-stop.  As well as other such language.

I only assume it is children or teenagers using such language.  They are upset with the state of affairs in their real life and perhaps are racist against certain people, so their frustrations boil out in online games because they can use such terminology without "real" repercussions.

Plus, this is a "pvp" game...sorta, so expect people to become upset when they gank 100 people and get 143 minutes in prison for it.  (insert chat filth after sentencing).

Luckily there is a block button.  It is good for things other than gold spam bots.

Besides the filthy chat however, (and the brazillian hate that has cropped up)  I think the game is rather enjoyable and the community isn't too terrible.

----

Bottom line: This game is free to play.  Any level can talk in chat.  This game is also labeled (PvP Sandbox) (which is arguable, but that isn't the point right now) So with it being free 2 play "pvp" game; and any level being able to talk in chat, that is the reason for such filth I would assume.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

In the days of EQ, you would never see the type of comments made you see in every online game today.  Chat has technically changed very little, people who play mmos have. 

Its unfortunate, but there should be some sort of chat moderation.   

I wonder how this would break down figuring in free accounts vs pay accounts?  I would assume that its the ftp peeps only cause its easy to and you dont care if you get banned.  FE had seperate channels for certain levels or ftp players if i recall, perhaps something like that might work?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Sorry but no AA is not the worse I have seen.  In SWTOR there were french Canadians who were 100 times worse than people in AA.  Hell I had several French Canadians send me tells to either speak french of get off their server.  With a lot of name calling and BS.  So no AA is not the worse.  The crap that goes on in AA I have seen in countless other games.  So stop acting like AA is the ONLY game or HOW BAD something is when its spread throughout all MMOs.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by danwest58
    Sorry but no AA is not the worse I have seen.  In SWTOR there were french Canadians who were 100 times worse than people in AA.  Hell I had several French Canadians send me tells to either speak french of get off their server.  With a lot of name calling and BS.  So no AA is not the worse.  The crap that goes on in AA I have seen in countless other games.  So stop acting like AA is the ONLY game or HOW BAD something is when its spread throughout all MMOs.

Oh no it is the worst right now. Telling you to speak French on English server or vice versa is not racism by the way. If that is the best you can come up with then clearly you haven't been paying attention to AA chat.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Oh no it is the worst right now. Telling you to speak French on English server is not racism by the way. If that is the best you can come up with then clearly you haven't been paying attention to AA chat.

Big,

I am not going to explain the comments that were thrown back and forth between the French and English speaking people on my SWTOR server.  it was bad there was a lot of sexual expletives or the N word thrown around.  There were 100s of players ban on SWTOR for that crap that was going on.  And NO AA is not the worse.  Just because you see 3 or 4 people being Jack asses in a chat group does not make it the worse.  Having people sending you tells and starting shit with you just because that takes it to a whole new level.  The problem is people are being overly dramatic about AA For one reason or another.  

For example one person wanted a refund because he could on log in all 4 of the head start days so he wanted a full refund on his game.  Yes Overly Dramatic for what?  Nothing.  Just people being self entitled wanting to make things really worse than they truly are.  

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Astro6

Seems the players are not afraid of Trion soo much racist chat even trial chat i have ever seen in any mmo because of  the bad reporting system i can see a lawsuit here also see bullying in chat every day.

I have to ask... What is occurring that you consider "bullying"?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I just block anyone who I don't want to see.  The problem is easily solved.  If you don't block, and you just keep reading it, then you are simply a glutten for this type of stuff.

I self identify as a monkey.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

That is not racism man. That's the usual Language bullshit you see in every MMO. I can easily deal with that.

What I saw today in AA chat was just beyond belief really. Some guys (most definitely virgins) were throwing some terrible degenerative stuff about girls in chat. I just leave it at that and spare People the details, as it's not even allowed to post it here, before getting banned myself. That bad.

And that is just one case. Then you have the other half People that just constantly talk in curse words non-stop. Not a single decent conversation is going on most of the time.

And then to top it off, you have People raging and cursing at eachother non-stop as well, with all the PVP ganking and griefing going on.

I really wish games like these have PVE only servers with just PVP flagging. At least you can then escape most of these socially handicapted idiots PVP inheritantly brings.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250

My experience with AA has me agreeing with the OP on this one. I have never seen chat this bad. One thing however, is that the "N" word is not just being used by racist people, so there is a lot more use of that word in this games chat than I have seen in other games. It does not make the word less ugly, and is unfortunate to see it used so freely in AA chat.

The outright racist, homophobic and bullying in chat is really sad -  no good can come of this.  TRION needs to step up the moderation before it escalates even more and someone is killed, hurt, or commits suicide from this.

Oh no it is the worst right now. Telling you to speak French on English server is not racism by the way. If that is the best you can come up with then clearly you haven't been paying attention to AA chat.

Big,

I am not going to explain the comments that were thrown back and forth between the French and English speaking people on my SWTOR server.  it was bad there was a lot of sexual expletives or the N word thrown around.  There were 100s of players ban on SWTOR for that crap that was going on.  And NO AA is not the worse.  Just because you see 3 or 4 people being Jack asses in a chat group does not make it the worse.  Having people sending you tells and starting shit with you just because that takes it to a whole new level.  The problem is people are being overly dramatic about AA For one reason or another.  

For example one person wanted a refund because he could on log in all 4 of the head start days so he wanted a full refund on his game.  Yes Overly Dramatic for what?  Nothing.  Just people being self entitled wanting to make things really worse than they truly are.  

Overdramatic? nope. Surprised? yes. I would like to take screenshots and post the chat logs here but i am sure it will be removed by mods because that is how vile and sick they are.  SWTOR comes no where close.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Big,

Overdramatic? nope. Surprised? yes. I would like to take screenshots and post the chat logs here but i am sure it will be removed by mods because that is how vile and sick they are.  SWTOR comes no where close.

And yet.....you continue to play the game, keep the chat logs open, read what is posted there, and fail to ignore the offenders.

One has to assume you actually enjoy it, at some vicarious level, if only so you can come here to slam the game and it's playerbase.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by JeroKane

That is not racism man. That's the usual Language bullshit you see in every MMO. I can easily deal with that.

What I saw today in AA chat was just beyond belief really. Some guys (most definitely virgins) were throwing some terrible degenerative stuff about girls in chat. I just leave it at that and spare People the details, as it's not even allowed to post it here, before getting banned myself. That bad.

And that is just one case. Then you have the other half People that just constantly talk in curse words non-stop. Not a single decent conversation is going on most of the time.

And then to top it off, you have People raging and cursing at eachother non-stop as well, with all the PVP ganking and griefing going on.

I really wish games like these have PVE only servers with just PVP flagging. At least you can then escape most of these socially handicapted idiots PVP inheritantly brings.

Dude I know what racism is man.  And I am telling you I have See it all before in countless other MMOS.  There is not an MMO I have played where people in chat had not started calling someone a N.......  So sorry you can think how overly dramatic this is.  Problem is I have seen it in EVERY MMO.  So no AA is not SPECIAL.  

O and on the PVE Servers, Then guess what it makes the game 100% pointless.  There is no risk for people to move their trade packs from 1 server to another.  They can then do it solo and not have to make friends.  SORRY you need to either get over that you have to play with other people or go back to a game like WOW which gives you everything at the click of a button.  AA is meant for you to know who the ass holes are on the server and deal with them when you come cross them.  Its not a game for people who need to be treated as something special.  Hell the other day I lost my trade pack to some PVPers now yes they did use an exploit, attack 1 person in the group and no one can attack them.  That bug needs to be fixed because the 3 of them would have been killed by the 8 of us.  

• Peer_GyntPeer_Gynt Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I think you can place the main blame on the FTP aspect of the game. The people that enjoy trolling games just for the fun of it have zero fear of a ban as they can just make another throwaway account, and IP banning does absoloutely nothing as there are so many IP proxy options for trolls to use.

And there is another facet of this kind of behavior I think most people don't realize exists. Quite a few of the more toxic trolls that like to start racist and political shit fests are in reality gold farmers who delight in pissing off western gamers whilst grinding away at their dull jobs.

*Addendum: Almost forgot, back during the launch days of Rift I remember that Trion's stance on toxic community members was to let them fight it out rather than apply heavy handed moderation. I'm not sure if that outlook has changed.

Originally posted by Kyleran

And yet.....you continue to play the game, keep the chat logs open, read what is posted there, and fail to ignore the offenders.

One has to assume you actually enjoy it, at some vicarious level, if only so you can come here to slam the game and it's playerbase.

You have no idea how bad it is!

It's easier to just outright turn off chat, or you spend most of your playtime putting people on ignore. And as most games have cap on how many you can Block, the list will be full within an hour or two.

It really is that bad!  It's definitely one of the worst chats I have seen in a long time.

It's what you get when you mix Free 2 Play with Open PVP with looting. 

It's the worst possible mix, attracting the worst kind of people from the internet.

Big,

You are being overly dramatic.  Hell in SWTOR my wife was being sexually harassed by some french Canadians in SWTOR.  We didnt come to MMORPG.com and cry bitch and complain about it.  We blocked well over 100 french people.  You sir are being overly dramatic.  So NO EVERY MMO has this crap.  

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    I just block anyone who I don't want to see.  The problem is easily solved.  If you don't block, and you just keep reading it, then you are simply a glutten for this type of stuff.

Blocking does save us from reading all that filth, but does not solve the problem, unfortunately. Your last comment suggests that you turn the blind eye,  and blame the people that do not.

Reminds me of the kind of person that would say a woman who was raped deserved it because she wore a short skirt.

100% this.  It seems the agenda of some to just come and slam the playerbase instead of just blocking a handful of people who are being stupid.  Then come here and be overly dramatic about a handful or stupid people slam the game as if the game is 100% the fault of this bs.  NO ITS HUMANS BEING MORONS!  THE END!

Originally posted by Perjure
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Blocking does save us from reading all that filth, but does not solve the problem, unfortunately. Your last comment suggests that you turn the blind eye,  and blame the people that do not.

Reminds me of the kind of person that would say a woman who was raped deserved it because she wore a short skirt.

Ya and what your saying this kind of talk does not happen in other MMOS?  You are lost if you dont think so.  They are the same people who cause problems and start the same BS talk in ANY MMO.  AA is nothing special in this regard.  You know what there was WOW bashing in FAction chat.  I made a guild chat tab and put only chat rooms I want to see.  I did the same in WOW because the bashing that happens there, SWTOR, RIFT, o wait EVERY MMO I played because of the same old BS in chat.

You are being overly dramatic.  Hell in SWTOR my wife was being sexually harassed by some french Canadians in SWTOR.  We didnt come to MMORPG.com and cry bitch and complain about it.  We blocked well over 100 french people.  You sir are being overly dramatic.  So NO EVERY MMO has this crap.  

Have your wife log into AA, make a female char and play the game a bit. Lets see how that goes.

SWTOR is free 2 play now. So I am not all that suprised it bring more asshats into the game.

Advantages of Pay 2 play, is when asshats start harrasing People, they get permanently banned and lose Box price of the game as minimum. And as you have to enter actual valid personal and payment info, it's a hell lot harder to create another account.

Free 2 Play games have no concequences for these asshats. Most of them are freeloaders, not spending a dime, so when they get banned, they just create another account.

• BoltharBolthar Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by adderVXI

Chat has technically changed very little, people who play mmos have.  

QFT. In the early days the people on the game were there because they enjoyed the ability to play with others and they were a lot more helpful. These days the people are on them because X friend is on it and they want to play with them. When you add the above fact in with the social aspects of todays youth with their self entitled behaviors and lack of parental supervision and repercussions. Its a recipe for disaster.

Big,

Huh?

How do you know i haven't ignored a lot of people? you cut one head and 4 other takes its place. You assume too much and i am honestly surprised to see such a reply from you. Though you were better than that. 

My ignored list is maxed out by the way by gold spammers and all other kind of scums. And no i have stopped logging into the game lately. 

This discussion has been closed.