Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscriptions are 1/3 off, this weekend only

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
So that makes the game $10/month rather than $15/month if you pay monthly.  Longer subscriptions also get discounts, though a lifetime subscription does not.  Importantly, if you subscribe now, it stays at the new rate until you cancel.  Current subscribers will have to manually alter their subscription to switch to the new rate.

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Not a horrible game, but it's no City of Heroes.

However some of the storylines are funny. 

I especially liked " The Thing " recreation ice station zebra. They tossed in some xfiles references that made me laugh.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I went to see how CO is doing about a week ago, and it sure does have a lot more going for it now. I got pages of info pouring on the new stuff when I started, all kinds of alerts and vehicles and whatnot, I'm pretty sure there were couple of power sets too unless they've just changed them somehow.

Sadly I think the engine is a bit turd, since the game still had weird "lagginess" to the combat animations, and sometimes my powers did not go off but the UI suggested something else, a bit of beta vibe when it comes to combat. I have a fresh new PC too so I doubt it has anything to do with that.

Anyway, no major issues and a lot of stuff to do/get, just a bit of a downer to see some of that same jittering which was there when the game launched. WAR had the same problem, the animations never got good and it always felt a little B-grade because of that.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    10 Bucks a month is kind of cool. I love the power set's and how you can mix them up.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    bbbrraaaiiiinnnsssss............

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Hasn't this game, like, been completely given up on?
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I eat up every lifetime subscription I get my hands on; have been a lifetime member since it launched.  Had some buyer's remorse at the start, but all the free coins per month as well as the perks for veteran rewards have made it well worth it.

Though I do believe they pretty much have this in maintenance mode.  There are minor updates here and there that add to systems, but as a whole I don't see them ever adding new areas to the game.  Sometimes a new power comes into play, and new cash shop pieces are constantly being pushed out (unless that's changed in the last six months).

Still, if you subscribe you can make a custom hero rather than using an archtype, as well as change the colors of your abilities and the like.  Kind've a must have if you're serious about it and have a hero in mind with their fantastic character creation tools.  Or at least having one person with a freeform hero that's OP when doing content.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    And with this new sale on subs. Its worth the 10 bucks a month. Best character creation in any mmo hands down.