Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game got any plans for Tieflings and Drow?

NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

Just wondering will Tielflings and Drow be available as a player race in Pathfinder?

Thinking about pledging and this would be a major decision swayer for me.

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Nergle

Just wondering will Tielflings and Drow be available as a player race in Pathfinder?

Thinking about pledging and this would be a major decision swayer for me.

I think it will being with Humans, Dwarves and Elves according to this:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2n652?Races

Tieflings and drow aren't even major races in the Pathfinder lore though

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Early Enrollment starting races = Human, Dwarf, Elf.

Crowdforging Poll chose Gnome to be next during EE. Then probably more crowdforing/polling for the subsequent Core Rulebook Main Races.

Other races probably won't be looked at for some years at least most likely (bar surge in demand and support for such). But if the game grows successfully then the resources grow to accommodate such. Adding these models is very art-intensive and therefore that dictates the cost and hence cost-benefit of additional races and hence draws out the time taken to add them.

Alpha backers have access (will have) to Monster Play where they'll drive other mobs/NPCs during some events for the game is the only minor caveat.

• BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147

The prioritization of additional races depends on the measurable preferences of the community. It is something 'crowdforged'. If you were a member of the PFO community who really wanted Drow (easiest since the base model is Elf) you would post your idea on Ideascale ( https://patfinderonlinecrowdforging.ideascale.com/ ) and the community can then upvote or downvote. If it attracts many upvotes it becomes a higher priority.

So it is pretty much up to you and your skills persuading others to agree with you.

To dream, perhaps to be.