Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would bring me back to EVE Online

vexion188vexion188 Member Posts: 2

I've played EVE for years.... I started back in 2005. Back then, the game felt a lot more inviting. I lost my first ship while messing about in lowsec.... etc... etc. Not in a high-sec war to a bunch of sorry griefers...

EVE Online isn't what it was back then, and its evolution path has not really been a improvement. CCP wants their game to grow I'm sure, but has it? Sure, the numbers show that there are more subscribers - but I wouldn't doubt for a second that those numbers are heavily weighted by more people with multiple accounts. 

I don't really know what changed in the minds of CCP. Maybe it's just their geographic location hendering them from recruiting more talented developers... I don't know. But the developers that are there fail to publicly acknowledge several key factors that are keeping EVE Online from growing. Maybe it's the praise they get from a certain demographic of players or they're forced to put their attention elsewhere. Or, maybe the god effect has gone to their heads.

CCP has made it too easy to totally ruin someone else's game experience. High-sec wars are out of control, there is no moderation of the horrid language used in public areas within the game and on the EVE Online forums. They praise those that snuff out the voices of the few that try to offer legitimate ideas to fix things, making it a joke for anyone to offer constructive ideas without fear of being trolled on the forums and in the game for it. It's crazy....

I love the idea of EVE Online.... I was part of some of the most influential events in the history of EVE Online. I've led at a coalition level for the most powerful coalitions. I've been a part of a lot of meta gaming outside of the game. Eve used to be serious, and fun. Accomplishment was really earned and respected. There was a actual community within the game and people cared about each other, even their enemies. Now EVE Online is nothing but a troll fest.

The community is split between those that like EVE like it is and troll those that don't. They are so methodical in their trolling that I swear there are people paid to do it. If you complain about cloaky campers, you'll see the same people troll the post day after day after day. And the same if you complain about high-sec wars and ganking.

It should mean something to CCP that there are several new threads started about the imbalances in cloaks, high-sec wars and griefing posted EVERY DAY. But, it doesn't.

I've tried so many times to resubscribe and get back into the game only to find my-self unwilling to play anymore. Everything in the game is repetition. You grind the same missions over and over and over. Same with exploration. If you live in nullsec as part of a coalition - all you'll do is get deployed to another part of space to sit on a gate, sit on a station, shoot a POS... over and over.

Anyways... I'm done ranting about all of that. I don't have to worry about it anymore because I don't play the game....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I would be back in a heartbeat if I saw CCP making headway in the following.

Corporations - make the size limits for corporations smaller. It's stupid to have thousands of people in a corporation...

Alliances - Limit the number of corporations in a alliance.

Sov - Controlling space should be so hard to take and maintain, that taking it is substantial and worthwhile. The whole galaxy is controlled by two entities and their lesser counterparts... That's stupid.

Unbalanced Game Mechanics - High-sec wars are out of control... If you have the bright idea to start your own corporation and get lucky enough to gain 10+ members. You will, without a doubt, be declared war upon by some unknown entity that you've never heard of. And you'll not be able to do anything about it, except tell your members to leave the corporation to dodge the war-dec.

that's just a start.

--------------------------------------------------

I understand the reason behind the mechanics that are there. Freedom, sandbox... etc. The problem is that those mechanics are exploited to the extreme to ruin the game of others.

Comments

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    The community would have to do a full reversal of attitude for me to ever go back. I got so tired of everything corporations I was in being done was 'for lulz' and to 'harvest tears' and anything other than that being considered taking the game seriously. Got tired of people bragging on voice comms about how drunk they were, using way over the top racial slurs and vulgarity non stop. It got old, so I gave up. It's like a game full of frat boys. 
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I am agreed with OP,only difference is I still playing,paying sub

Only positive what ccp make is ,EVE is today friendly & easy for new players ,there is not difference with main alt 14 mil sp and  character with 50 mil sp,they doing yourself  role works great.

Playing FW with low skilled alt and it is only game part where I still have fun,but most time spending time fighting against ,,pirates,,players(i don't call their pirates just scum,piracy in old times was about  get  isk from victim for life and ship)

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

EvE would be an epic game with these four changes:

Remove local contacts list from all systems, not just Wormhole systems.

Limit the amount of players in corporations and alliances.

Limit the amount of corporations and alliances that you can set at a positive standing.

Limit the amount of Capital ships one system can hold. and/or the rate that they can jump in due to sub-space disruptions etc..

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

after playing Elite Dangerous with the Oculus Rift...i don't think there is any way of going back to EvE, not unless they transform the whole EvE world into a Valkyrie type game. 

the whole "click on the target, activate modules, and wait to see who blows up first" combat is quite boring compared to fps cockpit view combat of Elite and Star Citizen. and the combat is the most exciting thing about EvE. 

there is just no comparison with the new and upcoming space sims. 

sure EvE has more complexity, depth, and a player driven economy, but the game is just getting old. there is just so much you can do with any old game, before you have to build a new game from the ground up. EvE will always be the best old school space mmo, kind of like UO, but it will never make a huge comeback. 

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

after playing Elite Dangerous with the Oculus Rift...i don't think there is any way of going back to EvE, not unless they transform the whole EvE world into a Valkyrie type game. 

the whole "click on the target, activate modules, and wait to see who blows up first" combat is quite boring compared to fps cockpit view combat of Elite and Star Citizen. and the combat is the most exciting thing about EvE. 

there is just no comparison with the new and upcoming space sims. 

sure EvE has more complexity, depth, and a player driven economy, but the game is just getting old. there is just so much you can do with any old game, before you have to build a new game from the ground up. EvE will always be the best old school space mmo, kind of like UO, but it will never make a huge comeback. 

Ya but does Elite or SC have a vast world of pilots that you can interact with and fight in PvP non-consensually like EvE? 

I hate fighting NPC's, and I hate scripted "duel" type PvP. 

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

I think Eve would be better if you removed "Global Chat".

Only have system chat and Corp chat (real corp, not starter corp chat)

That would fundamentally change the game... for the better!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Pig-Eye

I think Eve would be better if you removed "Global Chat".

Only have system chat and Corp chat (real corp, not starter corp chat)

That would fundamentally change the game... for the better!

You mean remove local chat? That would make many people angry, everyone uses local chat to assess danger especially in low and null security space.

• billysielubillysielu Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I would only consider going back to eve if they remove capital ships and alliances. 
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

I would return if they introduced long term PVE goals + a way to guarantee protection from gankers such that PVE does consist of 'look over your shoulder constantly' immersion breaking gamelay.  One example would be  being to build very expensive to run and huge space yacht's that has a passenger and luxury equipment meta game and where you can pay for expensive concord protection if you reputation is appropriate. You can tour null space but not carry cargo.

Alas, too much dependancy on the PVP game and its anti PVE vibe means someting like this will never happen, a slow lingering death awaits when ED comes out me thinks.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

- Respec (it can have mega harsh penalties, be paid and over time, but no respec=no sub)