Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Omeed Dariani: "I resigned due to philosophical differences"

13»

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Money first. The man just does not get it...

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• shatishati Member Posts: 1

/agree Omeed Dariani

EQ L/N is not EQ1/2

EQL/N is legomindcraftmmorpg :p

/waiting for game that is as EQ1/2 sry

Regards Salu2

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Have to say i dont really care if this guy left.

This is one "community managing marketing exec" that I could do without. Screw the social media crap. and enough with tying the games to it.

I play games. I dont want your stupid social media trash coming into my game and telling me to leave game to go to twitch/reddit/insert other annoying app here....

I dont use facebook, i dont use twitch, i dont care about any of your socially inept fanbase. Make the game, shut up and take my money. If the game sucks because you screwed up on development to play with social trash... well then you failed, try better next time.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• ApollosWillApollosWill Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by kilun
    Originally posted by Legere
    sucks for omeed, but just like any job, your boss is your boss.  fall in line, do as they say, do your job as what is asked of you and there wont be any trouble.  going on your own crusade will end up unpleasant for you. right or wrong, there is a hierarchy in place and employees need to learn to follow the leaders, not the other ways around.  

Wow, this is a professional job that he choose to do.  I feel sorry for you if that's the way the jobs in your career has been.  I would never let someone dictate my fundamentals and values especially in a civilian job.  Just because someone is higher up in a company than you does not mean that you can't have better ideas and actually jump and take a position higher up than them, becoming their boss.

I'm not a lemming at work.

But you are a lemming, if that is how you handle it. Leaving your job, because you disagree with upper management, is just you jumping over the cliff, and nobody cares. You are not changing the world here, just your income.

Of course you can have better ideas than people that makes the final decisions, but perhaps the reason they are upper management is, that they do not lay down on the floor, start flapping their limps and cry until they get their way, but they are choosing their battles, or even better, able to convince people that their idea is superior.

I don't know Mr. Dariani and I don't know if what he suggest is better than what they are doing now, but I do know, that he must not have had the ability to convince people above him, that what he wanted was (financially) better.

Instead of just leaving (like a lemming?), he should have kept on, trying to convince them by gathering facts, that what he had was a gain. And if still not able, be loyal enough to the community and game he cares so much about, to stay around and fight the next battle.

And perhaps, he at a later time could get his suggestion through, if  what his supervisor suggested did not pan out, and perhaps even become that supervisor.

Leaving is a gain for nobody except hurting the brand, game, and your own reputation with future companies, and leaving with such a statement, that tries to color yourself in a better light, and put some dirty (in between the lines) on the people you worked for, make you seem not that professional for somebody who is supposedly a brand manager.

Would you really hire somebody as a brand manager, that did this to another company on their way out, because they did not agree?

And I do talk out of experience. I work for a medium size company (6 state company with over 500 facilities). I'm certainly known as a NO man to upper management. Often disagreeing with the steps they take. Five years ago, I came up with a plan with a path I thought was the best we could take. I not only was shot down, but even with comments like "You don't know what you are talking about" and some grinning. But I was able to do it in my facility. 1 year later, top 1 in customer service, 3 years later top 1 in every thing from customer service, profit, quality and best internal culture. And try to guess what the company is doing now? Yes, you got it. If I had left and/or start crying we would not be here now. Of course the company is now doing something else I think will move the company in the wrong direction. And this time, I'm shot down again, but I'm not going to leave my people behind, and if I'm right, guess what? Hopefully 2 years from now, they will try my idea. And I still have an income, and I'm gaining prestige every time, and it is a gain from everyone (customers, employees and product).