Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TW have delivered the worst launch in MMORPG History.

Comments

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

I'm not sure why everyone is flipping out about this launch. Queues are pretty normal, especially for such a hugely anticipated game. More servers is a bad idea, too, because they WILL need to merge later if they bring any more up. Give it a week or so and the queues will be drastically reduced as everyone moves on to something else. I'm not even a patron and my queues are rarely longer than an hour or hour and a half. I just play Destiny, go for a run, hang out with my wife, play with my dog, work on some projects, etc etc for an hour while Im in queue. Can people seriously not find a way to fill an hour without AA?

That said... I do on one hand feel the pain of founders who spent $150, but on the other hand I feel like those individuals REALLY spent the money for Alpha/Beta access, which they got, so it's pretty unfair to claim your product wasn't delivered. In my opinion, anyway.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• Originally posted by svandy

I'm not sure why everyone is flipping out about this launch. Queues are pretty normal, especially for such a hugely anticipated game. More servers is a bad idea, too, because they WILL need to merge later if they bring any more up. Give it a week or so and the queues will be drastically reduced as everyone moves on to something else. I'm not even a patron and my queues are rarely longer than an hour or hour and a half. I just play Destiny, go for a run, hang out with my wife, play with my dog, work on some projects, etc etc for an hour while Im in queue. Can people seriously not find a way to fill an hour without AA?

That said... I do on one hand feel the pain of founders who spent $150, but on the other hand I feel like those individuals REALLY spent the money for Alpha/Beta access, which they got, so it's pretty unfair to claim your product wasn't delivered. In my opinion, anyway.

This mmo is somewhat unique in that mergers can NEVER happen due to land ownership.  NEVER. Only option is to shut a server down. The queues are a necessity that we MUST endure for as much as 3 months. The new server additions must be absolutely calculated to be necessary 3 months from now when all pre paid premium access has expired. 

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Way to exaggerate...Apart from the explosion of popularity which is a good sign, these queues are only temporary, they'll keep adding servers and it'll settle down...The game itself plays very well and hardly any lag so far in these heavily populated areas where everyone is slapping down farms, houses and plants etc...The game is solid and the best MMORPG to have been released in years. About time we get a proper MMORPG!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by fascism
    *until the launch of the next mmorpg

^1000 times this. Until next mmorpg you play on launch day OP.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by HenshinCyborg
    Originally posted by Divion i was banned for 2 days for "attacking TW staff" -- A false charge; but it's whatever. 

I got banned too, for posting this image in some QQ threads. And I didn't even speak a word or attack any TW staff.

Mate, thanks for this image. I'll use it here more often ! It portraits most of this forum's community at every mmo launch EVER.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    This is definitely the worst mmo launch. Yesterday some people, subscribers mind you, had to wait 11 freakingn hours. I guess I should feel lucky as I had to wait only 8.5 hours.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• LeGrosGamerV2LeGrosGamerV2 Member Posts: 90

I'm assuming most of you are noobs when it comes to MMO launches, I've never played a MMO on launch, never ever.  I always wait a few weeks, because no matter how great or crappy a company is, launch day always sucks. I really don't see why this is surprising to anyone.  And yes I don't like ArcheAge since 2 years ago, the reason I'm kind of "defending" it right now is because most of you are obviously stupid, selfish, arrogant, and the main reason the genre is going down the crapper.  

Ok so you're a founder, patron, whatever, like every other company they'll extend your registration / extra credits once everything is resolved. So calm your tits and go do something else while the problem is being resolved, crying about it just makes you more of a idiot. 

And the same will happen with EQ:N, launch day will suck with login problems and everybody will come crying about it here.  And the same to the next "big" MMO, and the next, next, next ... so just shut up and wait, besides, waiting a week or two won't change anything because a Asian gold bot will always be better than you no matter how hard you try at being "great". 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    If you cannot handle launch issues you should just not try to play during launch.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

I sympathize with OP, I really do. Its sad to see how some people just can't play a game they have invested quite heavily in.

However, before you claim everyone who tries to argue you point as "fanboys",(Not saying you do or that you will) you have to realize that not everyone has had the same experience as you. So they will try to defend AA, as they rightfully should, since from their perspective it might've been a pretty decent launch afterall.

The basic gist of it; This sucks, if OP is telling the truth which he seems to be. Why wouldn't he? Trion needs to get their act together a little bit. Secondly, the fact is that not everyone had a bad launch. I've had a very smooth launch, but I also started on Day 3 of headstart on a freshly started server. (Aier, EU)

From what I can gather, the general consensus seems to be that AA had a pretty shitty launch. Lets hope they can recover from this, because the game itself isn't half-bad. Its actually pretty good and can be very fun if you look past a few of its shortcomings.

TL;DR This sucks, you have my sympathy OP. I hope you get everything sorted out and maybe you can enjoy AA for what it is.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

My problem as being among the top hundreds to be online and pumped my way up to over level 30 in one go, I feel scared that I won't be able to swap server. I an currently on the server on EU that recently got announced to be the "Spanish" server and some of my other friends began on Eanna, which I did not want to choose since I knew that there would be insane amount of players there..

I want to be able to swap server!!!

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by evilized

anarchy online

queue times suck but that's to be expected for the first few weeks before everyone moves on to the next game.

QFT

Saw this game missing from the OPs post and he lost all ability to judge a bad launch :P

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

You know one thing I just don't get is when other players accept bad launches as normal and state the the rest of the base to get use to it.

Sorry, unacceptable. We all understand it is just a video game, but when you drop money into a game, you expect it to work properly. I like the one analogy where one poster stated when you buy a car, you expect it to work, but you find out you have no headlights or your ac doesn't work. You will complain.

Everyday life we go through shit like this. If your favorite restaurant is open, but doesn't have a waiter, you will complain. If your food wasn't prepared right, you bill let them know and want to speak to the manager. You go to your favorite store and find out the product they told you over the phone was in stock and it's actually not once you get there, you will complain. You go to your hotel and find out your room isn't ready, you will complain.

As a consumer it's your right, especially if you have paid money up front and don't get the service you expect, to let them know.

I know players can play both sides of the fence and give their reasons, but still, this game is not in beta anymore, it is a release and really not a new release since it's been around for a couple of years. We also know weeks down the road this will be something of the past, but it still doesn't give the excuse to be this way. For all we know, this game might even suck 3 months from now to the average mmo player.

Call most of the upset players drama queens, but if you paid for a product, you have every right to complain, but to defend it and say get use to this kind of stuff @ launch is unacceptable <imo>.

Now good things about AA, once your in, your in, the devs have squashed many little bugs since headstart and working pretty hard to get things done. I am not a big fan to F2P games, especially asian style games, but the game does get pretty interesting once you get rolling and understanding the mechanics of what kind of game it really is.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Well I just can't play this as whenever I want to, there queue is 1-4 hours and I'm not planning my life around a computer game - I try to log in when I know I will be playing (or not).

Didn't they have an Alpha and a Beta phase to assess how many people would want to play it and then buy the right number of servers, surely?

Please fanboys - don't defend them on this as it's like buying a car that you can't drive because someone else is always out in it - so it's not fit for purpose.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Divion

Now before you attack me - as i'm sure some of you will.

Understand that i have been presented for the following launches of MMOs.

Everquest - Lineage 2 - Star Wars Galaxies - World of Warcraft - Tabula Rasa - FF11 -  FF14 - FF14ARR - Aion - Rappelz - Star Trek Online - Star Wars Old Republic - The Secret World - All Points Bulletin - Dragon Nest - TERA - Warframe -Firefall -Perfect World - Forsaken World -banned for 2 days for "attacking TW staff" -- A false charge; but it's whatever. 

So you were not there at the start of D&L because you would not be making such a pathetic claim.

http://www.darkandlight.com/en/

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Well obviously Franco and Mussolini were pretty good guys because Hitler and Stalin were far worse. This launch is shit.  The way all the land plots went is shit. The memory leaks and all the technical issues are shit.  That there is some stinkier shit out there makes none of these things acceptable.
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Sad to hear you are having all those issues, i had none so far. The queues are fine as it is now, means the server won't be dead in the future ^^
    There were tons of MMOs which had better launch. There might be mmos which had worse launches but I must have missed those. I am so pissed off I am thinking of getting a chargeback. I am not going to even bother with their fucked up support team which is completely useless. I moved to a different server to avoid 10 hour queues now I am getting constant disconnects and intro loops. This is one shitty mmo.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I am a F2P player, and have not had to wait in a queue a single time. Should have waited and rolled on a server that wasn't totally overloaded. And by the way, IT'S A FUCKING GAME. Calm the fuck down.
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

You know one thing I just don't get is when other players accept bad launches as normal and state the the rest of the base to get use to it.

Sorry, unacceptable. We all understand it is just a video game, but when you drop money into a game, you expect it to work properly. I like the one analogy where one poster stated when you buy a car, you expect it to work, but you find out you have no headlights or your ac doesn't work. You will complain.

Everyday life we go through shit like this. If your favorite restaurant is open, but doesn't have a waiter, you will complain. If your food wasn't prepared right, you bill let them know and want to speak to the manager. You go to your favorite store and find out the product they told you over the phone was in stock and it's actually not once you get there, you will complain. You go to your hotel and find out your room isn't ready, you will complain.

As a consumer it's your right, especially if you have paid money up front and don't get the service you expect, to let them know.

I know players can play both sides of the fence and give their reasons, but still, this game is not in beta anymore, it is a release and really not a new release since it's been around for a couple of years. We also know weeks down the road this will be something of the past, but it still doesn't give the excuse to be this way. For all we know, this game might even suck 3 months from now to the average mmo player.

Call most of the upset players drama queens, but if you paid for a product, you have every right to complain, but to defend it and say get use to this kind of stuff @ launch is unacceptable .

Now good things about AA, once your in, your in, the devs have squashed many little bugs since headstart and working pretty hard to get things done. I am not a big fan to F2P games, especially asian style games, but the game does get pretty interesting once you get rolling and understanding the mechanics of what kind of game it really is.

The problem with this analogy is that NO WHERE in the EULA does it guarantee that you will be able to log into the game any time you like. You don't even "own" the game. You purchased a license to use their product as THEY see fit. 

I can't believe there are still people who don't understand this simple concept.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

The difference with this launch is that the problems point to fundamental design flaws.    They have a reward system that favors people who never, ever log off their servers.  This reward system is the most pronounced for people who aren't giving them money (e.g. non-subscription players do not regenerate labor points when offline.)

Also, in a normal MMO there are no longer-term consequences for a bad launch - you simply start whatever it was that you wanted to do a few days later than you would have.  In AA other people stake down permanent claims to land and you are locked out of competing - not because they got there first, but because you couldn't even access the game.

These problems do *not* resolve themselves in the same way that they do in typical MMOs.  And players will be living with them for a very long time in-game.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity

Call most of the upset players drama queens, but if you paid for a product, you have every right to complain, but to defend it and say get use to this kind of stuff @ launch is unacceptable .

The problem with this analogy is that NO WHERE in the EULA does it guarantee that you will be able to log into the game any time you like. You don't even "own" the game. You purchased a license to use their product as THEY see fit. 

I can't believe there are still people who don't understand this simple concept.

Oh Come on! People paid for this with money and are not getting serviced rendered. It might be interesting for you to know that since most ELUA's must be acknowledged after purchase and were not available for agreement prior to money spent, they are not considered legally binding and/or are not being upheld in court in cases where challenged.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Oh Come on! People paid for this with money and are not getting serviced rendered. It might be interesting for you to know that since most ELUA's must be acknowledged after purchase and were not available for agreement prior to money spent, they are not considered legally binding and/or are not being upheld in court in cases where challenged.

The EULA does not give them the right to make their service unavailable for like 80% of the time. 

OK then, get a lawyer and do something about it. Otherwise, it's just pissing and moaning.

Originally posted by fivoroth

The EULA does not give them the right to make their service unavailable for like 80% of the time. 

Unavailable to YOU. There are TONS of people happily playing the game. If you rolled on an overpopulated server, then this is how it's going to be. If you feel your rights are being infringed upon, get a lawyer. What else are you going to do? You think arguing about it here is going to make you magically able to log in?

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by evilized

anarchy online

queue times suck but that's to be expected for the first few weeks before everyone moves on to the next game.

I was going to say this.

This discussion has been closed.