Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple Questions Please

pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

I have heard that all the land is taking now any truth to this. And make no mistake I dont care about go on a low population server that eventuraly gets merged with my land all of a sudden becoming redundent and taken away.

Is it full loot and or do weapons break? If not how is this a player driven economy also what items constanty need to be replenished then.

Whats the point of horses if everyone has a flying glider and whats the point of ships in that case. Or do gliders actually have a limited range.

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Best advice... try it out for yourself... unbiased answers come from within.

DO NOT buy Patron status until you've played a while... you can decide then if the added investment is worth it once you see what F2P offers.

It is NOT full loot PVP.  Items have durability just like in any other game.

Glider IS NOT a flying mount... it's a glider, it glides for short distances.

Again, since you are totally unfamiliar with the game, I suggest you play it.  The tutorials alone will answer 90% of all your questions.

The game will have LONG QUEUES... it's packed with players.  So a lot of people want to play the game, DESPITE what you read here on these forums.  

Play, and decide for yourself.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

ok sounds like crafting is not that important then and economy not really controlled by characters as advertised.

but the big one is housing, I am worried that its all taken.

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well as a F2P player, you cant own houses cause you cant pay the tax.  However patron status is available via in-game funds, however no idea how long it takes to farm them up or anything like that.

Crafting is rather important, it is how you attain your ships and I believe houses as well as decorations and what not. It is also a crafting, gathering point system, so you only have a certain amount of points to use per day between the activities.  I believe the points are also used for building farms and housing and ships. 

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by pmaura

ok sounds like crafting is not that important then and economy not really controlled by characters as advertised.

but the big one is housing,

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Crafting is extremely important; it is a cornerstone of the game and the best items (gear, weapons, etc) can only be crafted.

Re land, it depends on what you want to do. If you need to place a small farm, there are places all over but you have to spend time to look. I helped 2 friends find places just last night after they'd complained there was nothing. For houses, there is not much space available (especially for the larger ones) but that is expected to remedy itself as people stop paying taxes, the spots go dormant and open up again. All of this is a moot point if you are F2P.

As has been suggested, you need to see it for yourself. There are tons of gameplay videos out there, so that's a good place to start. I did not have any interest in this game because of pvp, but after playing in closed beta, I changed my mind. Your mileage may vary.