Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Over?

Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

I played through every single mission.. twice with 2 characters..
now what? how the hell can you play through a MMORPG?
probally the first one.. kind of booh image to ArenaNet..
and the pvp is the actual base of the game... play it through and pvp ALL day for the rest of your carreer.. image

Comments

• ZeausZeaus Member Posts: 222

There are 2 new areas comming out this summer.

-----------------------------
    Want to get into the game industry? Read the game business advice guide.
    Also read GameDev and Gamasutra
    Download Impulse - Like steam but only DRM Free Games

• PaulOttPaulOtt Member Posts: 57

Try capturing Elite skills with Signets of Capture. Try to find all the skills for your two professions.

http://www.knights-templar.com/professions.htm

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

have you cleared all three Temple of the Ages missions?

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

• neoshamanneoshaman Member Posts: 17

This is another thing that sets GW apart from standard MMORPG's, you can actually beat the game's storyline and be done with the game. Yeah, I know you can do other stuff like capturing elites and finding everything on the map, but you essentially beaten the RPG aspect of the game, although this is just the first chapter of the game, the next chapter will be given to us in the expansion pack that is coming out around the first quarter of 2006.

As for me, i'm pretty close to beating it but it doesn't mean i'm 'done' with the game. I'll still play the game helping my guildmates out and helping others out in need (as long as they don't act like jerks).

• SoccerBoy_APSoccerBoy_AP Member Posts: 26

The game has only just started, you just finished what was present at the time.

The game survives off of expansions since we pay no monthly fee, thus I can see a lot of good expansions coming out and soon too. In the meantime, I'd better get back to elite skill capturing and get my E/Mo15 up to were my R/N20 is so I can have a choice when I go to explore great new places

• xNIBxxNIBx Member Posts: 14

The developers clearly state that this is a competitive online rpg AND NOT a mmorpg. Now if you dont know what you buy, then its not the developer's fault. Now go get your drug dose(item/lvl grinding) from a mmorpg and leave gw alone. Once you are socially and emotionally balanced person and you want to actually play a game rather than taking a drug, give a gw another shot. You might be suprised by it.

I dont mean to offend you, i am just stating the facts.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

the story line is just there to give people a reason to explore , you have been acting like a machine , folowing orders ...

try to bend existance inside the game , meet people , help others , HAVE FUN ..

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

well.. i had fun the first week i played... but after that the solo and party in your own "private" world.. started to fed me up.. cause i had no one to make fun off, annoy, talk 2.. just some lame party members that speak all kinds of foreign languages

i liked the solo the first time.. but after playing it alot.. i missed the people ksing me and stuff.. thats a pretty lame aspect in the end..

• MordethhMordethh Member Posts: 24
    Well, I'm level 14 or so right now. And I've played for about 70 hours. So I've already gotten my money's worth. If the RPG story ended in the next few hours of game play then I couldn't complain for the price I've paid. But as far as I can tell I'm only about half way through the RPG side of it. What's to complain about?
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Psym0n
    well.. i had fun the first week i played... but after that the solo and party in your own "private" world.. started to fed me up.. cause i had no one to make fun off, annoy, talk 2.. just some lame party members that speak all kinds of foreign languages

i liked the solo the first time.. but after playing it alot.. i missed the people ksing me and stuff.. thats a pretty lame aspect in the end..

Yes running around without a guild to chat/make fun of/argue with, the game is indeed very lonely (most pick-up groups are awful). I went a couple of days without a guild & that was boring.
    So my advice is to check out a guild, GW Guru & GWOnline have decent forums for guild recruitment.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

this is where this game is magic , only social people survive , im sure the cumunity inside the game will be much better in a few month .. after people realize this .. they change atitude or stop playing. the newcomers will have better experienced people to learn from.

if you consider helping or compete others is part of the game , it will never end.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Shhh, stop saying good things about GW! Let the morons play for a few hours and quit because they had a lot of fun instead of the boring treadmill of other MMORPGs. Especially don't tell people about joining a guild since even the morons might stick around if they did.