Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I make a living just griefing other people?

Comments

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by natpick
    what do you do when not playing games op? you a serial killer or a drive by shooter.

Being a griefing sadist in game - does not translate to RL.

I know quite a few really chill folks in RL who are just absolutely merciless in game.

Games provide a safe outlet to play out parts of human psyche that are not acceptible in RL.

this^

Whatever helps the meds go down easier.

Originally posted by Markusrind

Games provide a safe outlet to play out parts of human psyche that are not acceptible in anywhere.

Fixed

Playing a genocidal mass murderer is the premise of vast majority of MMORPGs since 1999.

Leveling up by indiscriminately killing anything that moves is how most of these games work.

So again your point is?

This is obviously acceptible IN GAMES - which was my premise.

Mass killing other players and talking smack in games is how the vast majority of online PvP games work.

Nah, this new attitude this is a result of the breakdown of teamwork that used to be taught to kids. Now every kid thinks hes Rambo and the world owes him. For crying out loud they dont even make em take gym class, which was where cooperation and teamwork was taught. Its a shame really, every man for himself attitude, that goes against nature itself. Its disgusting behavior.

You are the sum of your experience and desires, and you desire to be a jerk, its because deep down you are.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Corvusco
    I think he is a troll by profession, he might be a full timer

This.

I'm calling BS on the whole thread

OP is obviously messing with people, the fact that folks let their emotional buttons be pushed so easily on a game forum by a complete stranger is amusing.

So other peoples discomfort and misery amuses you does it? Just the kind of guy every father hopes his daughter falls in love with.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Xirik
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

wow.

How old are you OP. I would like a demographic breakdown of players like the OP.

What do they all have in common?

This collection of info can be useful to future PvP MMO developers. just saying.

Alfred said it the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8

Ges doesn't have big plans, he's like a dog chasing a car, He wouldn't know what to do if he caught it. His enjoyment is destroying other peoples perfect plans.

thats just plain wrong. i do have big plans. i want to be in one of the most feared pirate clans in the world, pillage and loot all the carebears growing their potatoes, then post the videos of them whining on youtube while remixing the sound to dubstep. 

I can dig it. Worthy goals OP. Awhile back I was known as the Scourge of Eastern Chengdu. Keep us updated on your adventures. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Callidor

This.

OP is obviously messing with people, the fact that folks let their emotional buttons be pushed so easily on a game forum by a complete stranger is amusing.

So other peoples discomfort and misery amuses you does it? Just the kind of guy every father hopes his daughter falls in love with.

Welcome to the internet. A place where you can act as wildly as you like. If you take issue with the freedoms other people have in a sandbox maybe you should reconsider playing that type of game.

Out of curiosity do you think everyone that camps in FPS games is cruel simply because they enjoy that type of gameplay?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Xirik
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

wow.

How old are you OP. I would like a demographic breakdown of players like the OP.

What do they all have in common?

This collection of info can be useful to future PvP MMO developers. just saying.

Alfred said it the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8

Ges doesn't have big plans, he's like a dog chasing a car, He wouldn't know what to do if he caught it. His enjoyment is destroying other peoples perfect plans.

thats just plain wrong. i do have big plans. i want to be in one of the most feared pirate clans in the world, pillage and loot all the carebears growing their potatoes, then post the videos of them whining on youtube while remixing the sound to dubstep. 

People like u are the reason why PVP MMOs are just so much more fun. Keep up the good work :)

• Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121

LOL! That sounds like an awesome plan!   But I'm afraid your wasting your time expecting any meaningful PvP in Archeage OP......

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".

Originally posted by RabidMouth

This.

Welcome to the internet. A place where you can act as wildly as you like. If you take issue with the freedoms other people have in a sandbox maybe you should reconsider playing that type of game.

Out of curiosity do you think everyone that camps in FPS games is cruel simply because they enjoy that type of gameplay?

No, I dont, Im just glad those types of people are safely confined to their homes.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This is the game for you!  Gankers unite!  This is the game for you!  Make your fellow players experience as miserable as possible?  Yes!    Have fun.
    I hope someone has explained the Justice system in AA to you OP.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Justice system. LOL.   I commit a dozen or so "infractions" and I get a 10 minute time out.   Now if all these people crying how realistic this justice system makes the game, how about a game ban for a week or two weeks?  Of course  not, that would be a bit too realistic.  Justice system is just a gimmick that really does nothing. 

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Yes.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by flizzer

Justice system. LOL.   I commit a dozen or so "infractions" and I get a 10 minute time out.   Now if all these people crying how realistic this justice system makes the game, how about a game ban for a week or two weeks?  Of course  not, that would be a bit too realistic.  Justice system is just a gimmick that really does nothing. 

I did see some people on Kyrios getting 45 minutes or more, no one was getting any leniency.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

This thread is very funny. With an educated troll no less!
    Good luck in AA, OP. Some good advice here answering your questions.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Originally posted by flizzer Originally posted by Callidor I hope someone has explained the Justice system in AA to you OP.
    I did see some people on Kyrios getting 45 minutes or more, no one was getting any leniency.

On Salphira, saw one player get 751 minutes on Saturday. :D

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

No, I dont, Im just glad those types of people are safely confined to their homes.

All FPS players are psychopathic murderers? Eh, you carebears never stop to deliver.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by flizzer

Perhaps now that the game is released, they will increase the 'time out' to anything between 6 to 24 hours depending on severity, repeat offender etc. But your right, 10 minutes would be no deterrent at all, although banning people for 1 week+ would be stupid, its not like their breaking the games EULA after all.image

Originally posted by zzax

All FPS players are psychopathic murderers? Eh, you carebears never stop to deliver.

I was speaking in jest in failed attempt to walk away from the whole thing. As for carebear, I have yet to miss a AAA game that has pvp in it, going all the way back to Rallos when people would get to loot from your gear.

I do hope that whatever disposition you currently have clears up!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Games provide a safe outlet to play out parts of human psyche that are not acceptible in anywhere.

Fixed

Playing a genocidal mass murderer is the premise of vast majority of MMORPGs since 1999.

Leveling up by indiscriminately killing anything that moves is how most of these games work.

So again your point is?

Mass killing other players and talking smack in games is how the vast majority of online PvP games work.

Which is a large reason why online PVP really doesn't work, no sense of manners, everyone too busy waving their epeen.

Swear they were all 14 years old or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

FPS online games are all about killing other players. A MMORPG, specially a sandbox, is about way more that just that.

Apples and Oranges.

You are talking about sandboxes, this topic is about Archeage (themepark).

Apples and Oranges.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Fixed

So again your point is?

Which is a large reason why online PVP really doesn't work, no sense of manners, everyone too busy waving their epeen.

Swear they were all 14 years old or something.

As a blanket statement Id disagree on some level, I've met some level headed pvp'rs. I think a lot of it is a societal thing now. back in the day we had sports, boyscouts, and other such activities where young men would find ways to prove themselves, their masculinity, and their very personality. Here we have a lot of young men competing to do the same thing but without any sort of consequence like we had for poor sportsmanship. Fast forward to now, these young men are growing up with a far different atmosphere where negative behaviors arent just accepted theyre encouraged. 

It will be interesting to see the effects in 20 years.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Lol i like the OP. At least he's honest about what he want's to do in this game. Not many have the guts to admit it.  And many pvper's think just like him. The game is open world pvp. Any carebears playing this game should know this by now. So they shouldn't complain that player's like the OP are ganking them. I'm an mmo carebear and won't be playing this game. But pvper's are starting to see more game's build around what they like. So i say good for them and hope they have a blast.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    For OP's benefit, 'griefing' is also known as being an obnoxious cock who annoys people for pleasure. I'm assuming he is actually referring to aggressive Open world pvp aka being a wolf.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by natpick
    what do you do when not playing games op? you a serial killer or a drive by shooter.

Being a griefing sadist in game - does not translate to RL.

I know quite a few really chill folks in RL who are just absolutely merciless in game.

Games provide a safe outlet to play out parts of human psyche that are not acceptible in RL.

That's why I tend to call that kind of people "cowards" or "armchair bullies".

They do in games where there are no serious consequences what they don't dare to do in reality since they would get beaten or worse.

Sorry, I have a hard time labelling a person saying "All I want is to be an ass to other players" as a nice guy. When you get pleasure by making others miserable, no matter in what community is it, yeah, even online, it's pretty obvious what kind of person you are to me. But I guess it's pretty cool to feel like a "gangsta" in a video game, safely hidden behind a computer screen.

This. I doubt anyone who wants to 'grief' (yes that is the word OP used) others in a game for amusement is a very 'nice' and 'gentleman' kind of person in real life.

Admit it or not but most of the time our behavior on internet is extension of our very real personalities.  There is a difference between looking for a competitve player verses player experience and 'griefing' and ruining other players experience just because you find it 'fun'...or as people like OP would state 'i do it just for luls'.

And we know what happens to these games when people like OP take over. I love playing sandbox and open pvp games but i don't use 'pvp' as an excuse for being a complete 'jack ass'.

Killing people on PVP servers while they are tryign to hand in quests just shows what kind of player OP is. in which universe that is considered' p vs p'?

Its really shameful that fans of AA who otherwise seem quite mature on forums would even support OP , encourage or condon his behavior. i get it you love AA but that doesn't mean you have to support everything related to it no matter how wrong and absurd.

Also i would like to mention here that these same people who are defending OP made a very big deal about recent EVE incident. Double standards and hypocricy as usual. everything is fair as long as our 'precious new MMO' is in question.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by zzax

Those who call others carebear usually have weak arguments, you are no different.

FPS online games are all about killing other players. A MMORPG, specially a sandbox, is about way more that just that.

Apples and Oranges.

A sandbox is meant to allow freedom to do what a player wants. So if OP wants to gank he is free to do so. I'm not sure what makes you think you are an expert on how a sandbox is meant to be played. I think you are just projecting how you want others to play with you and that is not what a sandbox is about.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

This discussion has been closed.