Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling is Super Fast - -

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60

ctrl F---- open world pvp... anytime.... 30+ more pvp tho...

what server??? want a lot of kills? 

www.thecrazies.guildlaunch.com

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I dont see it that way.

For me the normal quest leveling going from 1 to 50 (or at least 30s) with the 1st class choise in AA is really a long tutorial to introduce you to the game.

The char lvl is only a small part of the game, then theres class lvls, skills lvls, crafting lvls, farming lvls, trade lvls, fishing lvls, etc.

AA could be char leveless imo, it worked just fine.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

So I just purchased ArcheAge on Saturday. So far the experience is okay. Not really a sandbox but I imagine that aspect will start shining later in the game. However, I find it very odd that within the first 18 hours of gameplay I'm already level 30.

The progression in this game is incredibly fast

Because I'm not allowed to PK someone until 30+ and in the designated zones. 

ArcheAge's leveling progression is much faster than Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online which are a couple of the most recent titles I've played.

The world is big and there can be a lot of information for a lot of people to take in, so, yeah, the levelling is just there as training wheels.

So, yeah, it's fast. By design.

The idea I think is to teach the player incrementally over a short space of time and give them the confidence to then forge out on their own asap. I think the quests, although standard and nothing to write home about, work for this and give the new player a great guided tour of the world.

Can you imagine if the average player had just been dumped into this world with no guidance? The caterwauling and gnashing of teeth would have been loud and long.

I hope this helps you not find it odd and understand the game's approach to using quests.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Jabas

I dont see it that way.

For me the normal quest leveling going from 1 to 50 (or at least 30s) with the 1st class choise in AA is really a long tutorial to introduce you to the game.

The char lvl is only a small part of the game, then theres class lvls, skills lvls, crafting lvls, farming lvls, trade lvls, fishing lvls, etc.

AA could be char leveless imo, it worked just fine.

That's why I said, "I imagine that aspect will start shining later in the game".

Yes, i know. I forgot to mentioned that my replie was only about "leveling to fast / only 18h to reach lvl 30" image  

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    this game should not have "level" in my opinion. everything should have been experience based, buying skill, upgrading stats and so on. this level system is really driving away many players letting them think it is same old themepark crap.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    this game should not have "level" in my opinion. everything should have been experience based, buying skill, upgrading stats and so on. this level system is really driving away many players letting them think it is same old themepark crap.

Well, at this point, it is what it is.

No point buying an apple if you only like oranges. Or complaining about it if you do.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I got to level 23 on Sunday alone but it was an enjoyable experience. Still have not PVP'd but I did get my small plot and working on the big plot to farm on =)
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by jesteralways

ArcheAge without levels would lose vast majority of it's content as the game all revolves about power curve. That is because the game is "same old themepark"...

ArcheAge as a sandbox would require re-work from the ground up.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

The level does go by pretty easily. Though I didn't quest much Saturday or Sunday. My guild and I have been working on getting everyone large farms and doing trade runs for profit. 

The questing really is a rather simple, standard affair. I suppose that doesn't bother me much. I just see it as a means to an end. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I think if you just do the quest and level up that way your character wont have much money and not have good gear. The best gear is crafted so either you have to take time out to actually craft or take time out to earn money to buy some really good crafted gear from other players. I am only level 16 so this is just something that I don't know for sure.
    Originally posted by Jockan
    I think if you just do the quest and level up that way your character wont have much money and not have good gear. The best gear is crafted so either you have to take time out to actually craft or take time out to earn money to buy some really good crafted gear from other players. I am only level 16 so this is just something that I don't know for sure.

From what I can tell, you have the right idea. I'm pretty sure all the crafted gear is the best around. Far as I've heard, the main story quest line stops at 30. The rest of the way you craft / build / trade and wage war, I suppose. Though I'm not certain yet! :) 

Originally posted by PulsarMan

From what I can tell, you have the right idea. I'm pretty sure all the crafted gear is the best around. Far as I've heard, the main story quest line stops at 30. The rest of the way you craft / build / trade and wage war, I suppose. Though I'm not certain yet! :) 

Found this video where he shows some examples of crafted gear vs regular gear. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLd2RykWDHI

That was quite informative. Thanks! :) 

That was quite informative. Thanks! :) 

Yea, so the way I see is that a level 50 that just did fast questing will get destroyed buy a level 50 that took the time out to craft, play the market and trade.

Originally posted by Jockan I think if you just do the quest and level up that way your character wont have much money and not have good gear. The best gear is crafted so either you have to take time out to actually craft or take time out to earn money to buy some really good crafted gear from other players. I am only level 16 so this is just something that I don't know for sure.

While crafted gear is indeed the best in terms of raw numbers, due heavily RNG based crafting, top gear isn't practical to make/get so you go with lower level gear and in that case, you get on par with loot gear...

Maybe it was patched/fixed since but this was the case of russian beta while back. Crafting was basically pointless.

There is lots of false impressions about the game.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by obake90

ctrl F---- open world pvp... anytime.... 30+ more pvp tho...

what server??? want a lot of kills? 

www.thecrazies.guildlaunch.com

Ctrl+F doesn't work in beginner zones because I get a pop up stating I can't attack said player under the protection of XX. I'm also on Tahyang.

so, guy who is shadowing you and tagging your monsters is level 5 and you are goofing around beginner zone with levle 30 characters just to kill low level people ?

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

So I just purchased ArcheAge on Saturday. So far the experience is okay. Not really a sandbox but I imagine that aspect will start shining later in the game. However, I find it very odd that within the first 18 hours of gameplay I'm already level 30.

The progression in this game is incredibly fast and simple. Every quest I've done so far are either kill 1,3,5,8,12 or collect 1,3,5,8,12 items. That is their entire quest system in a nut shell. I'm itching to kill someone but... for a sandbox MMO I can't do so. Why?

Because I'm not allowed to PK someone until 30+ and in the designated zones. So instead of killing that guy who keeps shadowing me and tagging my monsters I have to put him on my wait list to utterly destroy later in the game.

ArcheAge's leveling progression is much faster than Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online which are a couple of the most recent titles I've played.

Because this game is about getting to the endgame, 1-30 is just tutorial. Besides, I have been too busy gathering wood and stone for my house to mess around leveling. Enjoying taking the slow pace I am and exploring this beautiful world. I can level anytime. 

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Become a Pirate... then the whole game changes for you... everyone will just be itching to take you on.

No I was in a level 26-28 zone killing monsters and I had a person shadowing me tagging monsters. We aren't that far apart however I can't openly kill him for some reason.

"Starter" zones are PVP restricted.