Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekend outing for the SotA Dev Team

Ariel_ArilonAriel_Arilon Member UncommonPosts: 50

You all are in Texas, right?

May I humbly suggest that the entire development team take a weekend off and attend an SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) event. The SCA is a group of people interested in medieval re-creation, and there are many groups scattered around in Texas. There is usually an event sponsored and scheduled for every weekend somewhere in the state.

The reason I suggest this is the SCA is divided into two main camps; Combat and Arts & Sciences.

If you are designing a combat system, why not go to a few events, don armour, and go do some real bashing. The SCA does NOT use live steel weapons, all weapons are made from rattan (so no one gets killed).

The experience (and fun) should prove invaluable.

Just ask for the local Knight Marshall, and drill him/her with a ton of questions about REAL medieval combat.

cheers!

Ariel : ) 3

My computer beats me in Strip Poker, but doesn't stand a chance against my Kick Boxing! >: D 3

Comments

• Ariel_ArilonAriel_Arilon Member UncommonPosts: 50

P.S. How do you find a nearby chapter of the SCA?

Google: SCA

Which will take you to the main web site. From there, you can look up the various kingdoms and find a group nearby.

The local shire should have a bare-bones web page with meeting and contact info.

good luck! ( | : ) 3

(Ariel w/a helmet on)

My computer beats me in Strip Poker, but doesn't stand a chance against my Kick Boxing! >: D 3

• KingLlamaKingLlama Member UncommonPosts: 65
    SCA is a amazing event to go too!

Pirate MMO Tattered Sails http://tatteredsailsgame.com/