Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial question

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Hey all,

Im doing the trial right now and have a few questions. I like it so far but there are a couple of things Im worried about,

First, when I use the move keys (w,a,d,s) its really choppy and I generally overshoot the turns. When I use the mouse to stear there is no problem. I dont want to use the mouse however. Movement doesnt have a smooth feel to it. Is it because Im on the Trial Isle? Im pretty sure its not my PC, its new and has more then enough juice to run the game. I have no problem in any other game (currently running WoW and Guild Wars) and have DSL.

Also, Im sorta concerned about how the games plays out over the levels. I dont want to get into something where Im going to need to find "level spots" and stand in the same area and grind. (as in DAoC) Can you keep questing and stay busy enough where to grind doesn't feel to bad? As in Guild Wars? (Guild Wars is a Great combat, mission game but lacks the meat of an MMORPG) Im in no real hurry to "level" I just like lots to do and hate mindless grinding. IMHO level has little to do with a good quest/mission if its well put together.

Also the quest, are they primarily kill task? or is there story behind them? Reason I ask is that kill task generally encourage "grinding". They really dont count as quest in my book. So far all that happening is Im being dispatched to kill various mobs by the npc's. (no fedx so far thank godimage

Im getting picky in my old ageimage 

Comments

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

Teh choppyness: Turn on extreme performance. If that doesnt help, your system sucks :) Try to defragment the drive where you installed Eq2 and also your Windows partition.

You dont have to stand in grinding spots. There is quests enough to level on. However the easiest way to get forward is by doing the grinds (like giants and golems in ruins of varsoon). Its not the game that promotes this way of gaining levels, but more a prefered (learned) way a lot of players play mmorgs. The best way to avoid the grinds is to start filling your friendslist and play with the same peoples more then relying on pickup groups. The last hold true for most mmorgs.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

as you get higher in lvls your quests really pans out into broad stories

Also, your W A S D keys and the choppiness....sounds like your system. Try lowering the graphic output some (ctrl or alt O ) one of those

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Did the extream performance that helped, thx. Still not the best flowing game. Like I said, Im picky inmy old age image Someone else might not even notice.

Other then that the game seems ok so far.

If I get the retail version do you start on this Trial Isle?

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

Every new character you create start on the isle. Its the newbie zone. Everyone you meet ingame once did the various quests around the isle :)

Once you have the lowest possible settings, experiment with the settings so you get a betterlooking game with minimum slowdown. Personally I cant stand the look of extreme performance, looks a bit wowish :D