Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for f2p mmo that isin't heavly pay2win.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
Is there any f2p mmorpgs with lots to do in game but aren't heavly pay2win? They can be client or browser based that doesn't matter to me. Any suggestions? Not really intersted in stuff that lacks pve (so no games like those fps mmo's). Other than the no fps thing, anything else is pretty much game that I will try fi I haven't tried it already. I've played alot of these mmorpg's out, but ya never know I might have overlooked a gem.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Is there any f2p mmorpgs with lots to do in game but aren't heavly pay2win? They can be client or browser based that doesn't matter to me. Any suggestions? Not really intersted in stuff that lacks pve (so no games like those fps mmo's). Other than the no fps thing, anything else is pretty much game that I will try fi I haven't tried it already. I've played alot of these mmorpg's out, but ya never know I might have overlooked a gem.

I enjoyed SWTOR for a good 6 months. I did end up subbing though, but you can stil get your feet wet.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I been staying away from swtor after hearing about how as a free player you bascally cannot do anything really, not even chat without paying or something. That and I tried the beta and was pretty bored of it pretty quickly.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AvaglaorAvaglaor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Rift
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    You can try EvE or WildStar where you can easily pay with in game currency your monthly sub. I m playing them both and easily buying my sub in game every month.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• StormtrooperDHStormtrooperDH Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Go Archeage! 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I been staying away from swtor after hearing about how as a free player you bascally cannot do anything really, not even chat without paying or something. That and I tried the beta and was pretty bored of it pretty quickly.

That's highly exaggerated. You can most definitely use chat, as evident by the goldfarmers spreading word of their services. =P

Still, if it bored you during beta it's not likely to appeal to you now since the concept of the game is still very much the same; a story driven MMO.

Give Rift a try maybe? It's supposed to have one of the best F2P systems out there, and has plenty to do.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If you go into an mmo expecting to pay nothing and have full access to anything you'd ever want to do, they're all p2w

If you go in expecting to get a trimmed down version unless you pay for some things. None of the major f2p mmos are p2w.