Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I come back?

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

After the fiasco ArcheAge is, I'm re-considering TESO (only played betas and the first month), but have some questions:

- I love grouping, but I remember that the tool sucked. All you could do at launch is spam in general and hope for the best.

- Next to no PvE endgame

- Zero interest in PvP, even though I understand it's a huge part of gameplay

- Crafting is boring and easily exploitable (2-man crafting trick)

- No Market/Auction House. Had to join a trader guild and waste half the afternoon looking through 3 guilds' item list

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Stiles223Stiles223 Member UncommonPosts: 35

That is an entirely subjective question.

If it were me I would pass on ESO. That's just me though. 

If you didn't care for it before, you probably won't care for it now.

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Stiles223

That is an entirely subjective question.

If it were me I would pass on ESO. That's just me though. 

If you didn't care for it before, you probably won't care for it now.

Blunt and straight to the point. Thanks!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

You should be playing Final Fantasy  ARR.

No interest in PvP?   Strange choices you made.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• mithrillionmithrillion Member Posts: 37

Some of the issues are resolved or improved already. "Cheap" enemy difficulty at high levels that forced you to play with certain builds is adjusted. I feel the automatic grouping tool is actually faster than many other games because while leveling, many builds can take up more than one role, and you can actually queue up as a hybrid. Lowbie areas are still quite populated. Crafting leveling is not that interesting and can potentially be exploited, but crafting in this game is mainly restricted by research timegating. Guilds can deploy vendors near cities so you no longer have to be in a trading guild to buy stuff. Still no global AH and search tool, but the guild vendors from major trading guilds should have most of the stuff you need.

However, if raiding is your major concern then probably this game will never be for you. The best PVE in ESO is within PVP.  The combat scale is large enough that you are not always directly dealing with enemies face to face. Healing in a large PVP group or capturing resource points are not really that different from doing similar things in raiding. If you are a whack-a-mole healer with decent sense if positioning in other games then you will do great in group PVP. Maybe you just don't enjoy arena/structured battleground. It is worth a try.

Still thinking about raiding? Sadly (for me it's "Thank goodness") there will be no raiding...

Thanks for your replies. Apparently I wasted money buying it in the first pleace. This is really not for me :(

PS: Played ARR For quite a while, got 6 jobs at 50

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Jaldren

After the fiasco ArcheAge is, I'm re-considering TESO (only played betas and the first month), but have some questions:

- I love grouping, but I remember that the tool sucked. All you could do at launch is spam in general and hope for the best.

- Next to no PvE endgame

- No Market/Auction House. Had to join a trader guild and waste half the afternoon looking through 3 guilds' item list

What do you guys think?

I suggest you read the patch notes.

Games don't change fundamentally in the first few months - but if it was a few specifics that put you off the game then, maybe, they have been fixed to your satisfaction.

The other thing you can look at is the dev tracker. You need to remember that plans are simply that and may take months or over a year to happen. Can be useful though. So:

PvE endgame. The patch notes will tell you what new content has been added but at the end of the day it is only a tiny amount compared to what the game launched with. The dev tracker will tell you of their plans for the future and that they have moved to a new content every other patch (so 12-16 week cycle). 

Crafting - some changes / plans to e.g. provisioning but I would say "no real change". If you didn't like it at the end of the first month ....

Trading: changes planned but not what I would call a market/AH - you might of course but it is not in game now. 

Final consideration: the planned console launch. Changes could be made for that which, when released, address e.g. your lfg issue.

Originally posted by gervaise1

- Next to no PvE endgame

What do you guys think?

I suggest you read the patch notes.

Games don't change fundamentally in the first few months - but if it was a few specifics that put you off the game then, maybe, they have been fixed to your satisfaction.

The other thing you can look at is the dev tracker. You need to remember that plans are simply that and may take months or over a year to happen. Can be useful though. So:

PvE endgame. The patch notes will tell you what new content has been added but at the end of the day it is only a tiny amount compared to what the game launched with. The dev tracker will tell you of their plans for the future and that they have moved to a new content every other patch (so 12-16 week cycle). 

Crafting - some changes / plans to e.g. provisioning but I would say "no real change". If you didn't like it at the end of the first month ....

Trading: changes planned but not what I would call a market/AH - you might of course but it is not in game now. 

Final consideration: the planned console launch. Changes could be made for that which, when released, address e.g. your lfg issue.

Thanks for your extensive reply :)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    As a fan of the game and one who still is, after reading your thread I would say wait. The game continues to go in the right direction and it fixed some of the grips I had mostly around bugs and spam. Spam in particular has just about vanished in mail, in chat, and the botters too. Though there are still bugs, the game feels now what it should have been at launch. Mods have helped enhanced the UI and menus in general, the dye system was very well implemented, balancing continues to improve though it still has a way to go, little things like Field of View in first person have been implemented, more group content has been added, they are working on improving the existing dungeons and have already made many larger, guild stores, easily transfer to the group leader so phasing isn't as annoying as before, etc...so things continue to improve. On the way are chat bubbles for role players, thieves guild and justice system, improved veteran levels with constellation passive choices, more solo and group content, fixes to grouping so you can easily see who is on what part of what quest, etc. I would say way a few more months until release for consoles. In the meantime, Im enjoying the game.

There Is Always Hope!

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111
    jep you should come back ESO needs you
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by keithian
    As a fan of the game and one who still is, after reading your thread I would say wait. The game continues to go in the right direction and it fixed some of the grips I had mostly around bugs and spam. Spam in particular has just about vanished in mail, in chat, and the botters too. Though there are still bugs, the game feels now what it should have been at launch. Mods have helped enhanced the UI and menus in general, the dye system was very well implemented, balancing continues to improve though it still has a way to go, little things like Field of View in first person have been implemented, more group content has been added, they are working on improving the existing dungeons and have already made many larger, guild stores, easily transfer to the group leader so phasing isn't as annoying as before, etc...so things continue to improve. On the way are chat bubbles for role players, thieves guild and justice system, improved veteran levels with constellation passive choices, more solo and group content, fixes to grouping so you can easily see who is on what part of what quest, etc. I would say way a few more months until release for consoles. In the meantime, Im enjoying the game.

The console launch isn't going to make the game in "better" for PC gamers.  And nothing will radically change in the next few months, Radical would be combat revamps for some classes or open world PVP.

The game as it stands today is in my opinion the best all around experience you can get if you like Story, beautiful world design and tactical combat.  Nothing comes close.  Its the anti MMO in my opinion.   ESO, feels like a living game world shared with other people , not the ant sim that is most MMO's.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    i call it "... as the bots turn.." {chime day time soap music }...ya know like a soap opera....i gave up on those grounds...not paying a sub while that is an issue
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by chronoss2015
    i call it "... as the bots turn.." {chime day time soap music }...ya know like a soap opera....i gave up on those grounds...not paying a sub while that is an issue

Good news! There hasn't been a bot in ESO in 5 months. You can now pay your sub! image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300

- Next to no PvE endgame

What do you guys think?

Well lets go through your points...

1) The tools might not be great but if you belong to a group then finding others to group with is not an issue. Considering most PUGs are a mess in ANY game why would you WANT to PUG?

2) The addition of Craglorn has added some good PVE and I am wondering why you say no end game when you got to play through all three faction quest lines, that is a lot of high level PVE. They are planning expansions for another group PVE area for the Argonians and a PVE high level solo area for rebuilding the Orc city.

3) Crafting is as it ever was. In ESO crafting is not about selling to others but doing for yourself mostly.

4) Still no market however with the guild trader system now in place it is easy to find guild stores for buying stuff and if you join a serious trade guild they will give you a good outlet.