Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: 7 Signs You’re a Filthy Casual

Comments

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    Originally posted by Furiant
    I'm tempted to interpret this as an ironic troll if anything. I actually agree with nearly everything he said; I just wouldn't have been so acrimonious. On a different note, I wonder if I should respond with an inflammatory post about casual-shaming or filth-shaming. Decisions, decisions.

Please do.  Apparently as long as you are satirical you are fine, and 'intention' is the key, and in this sense 'intention' means that it has been approved by mmorpg.com before it appears on the site.  They are the arbiters of all things troll.  So go for it.  

• oldschoolpunkoldschoolpunk Member Posts: 281

I laughed a bit.  Im a complete filthy casual and all that pertains to me.  I love gaming....love graphics, exploration (in all facets), dungeons and loot...but playing one game over and over, eventually you explore most of what you came looking for....so ya move onto the next.  No need for achievements....the only achievement I need is the one where my brain tells me Im having fun :P

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    I found it a funny article as I fit all the points pretty much - no voice comms or raiding for me! lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    If I trolled like this on the forums I would get banned or at the very least a warning. :)

Eh, you're not an MMORPG.com Employee so you're not allowed to break forum policy. With them fuck it, they can promote private servers, trash talk, or do what ever they want. It's their site.

Do as I say and not as I do never really worked as a policy, it irritates too many people.  

That said, I do not blame the guy who wrote the article for double standards, it was an entertaining article, but no doubt if it was a forum post he would be reading a ban e-mail.  

• hidrohidro Member UncommonPosts: 52

Holy shit guys, it was an attempt at humour.

Will you guys calm down? Jesus H. Christ, you filthy casuals are so uptight.

Console Esports?
    www.supergamebowl.com

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    This was the most amazing article I've seen on this site. I loved reading every second of it. Getting drunk ATM and this made my off day from work that much better.
  • MatimusmaximusMatimusmaximus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Your a douche
  • MatimusmaximusMatimusmaximus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Your a douche
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Best piece I've ever read in MMORPG.COM.  Very funny and witty.  You know when you are hitting home when some don't see the humor because it hits too close to home.  Unfortunately, Instead of taking heed many will just disregard because they are legends in their own mind.

This one should be stickied.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    man this is spot on with what casuals are, I cant saw how often I hear that and I want to us my G kicking powers. TBH tho most guilds I am in, only about 1 or 2 people even say this stuff. 

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    man this is spot on with what casuals are, I cant saw how often I hear that and I want to us my G kicking powers. TBH tho most guilds I am in, only about 1 or 2 people even say this stuff. 

*Whooooshhh*

o.O

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by LacedOpium
    Originally posted by Hellidol

*Whooooshhh*

o.O

LMAO, I couldn't think of a fitting reply to the quoted post, but you certainly did.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CrimsannCrimsann Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I thought it was hilarious, but then I have no problem owning I am a casual and hit every note on this list except maybe asking for help. I have some standards after all. Must have touched some nerves though from the response, and that made it even more funny to me. Don't bother trashing me in follow up comments, trust me I will be too casual to come back and read your thoughts on my opinion anyway.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by GameByNight
    Seriously though, the difference between trolling and satire is intent. 

Yeah? Because I can't actually remember the last time a mod here asked me about my intent before suspending or whatever for alleged trolling.... If they had I would have happily told them I was being 'satirical'.I am so happy this is now MMORPG.com policy, it is a fantastic step forward that we are now going to enter discussions regarding intent before action is taken!
    Intent is usually easy to find by the words used by the poster. Afterwards, it is "spin."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

More real articles on MMO's today, their trending, structure, challenge presentation to human players, where we think MMO's should go in those respects, if they are fun also, do they appeal to younger crowds or older crowds, are they actually "living, breathing worlds or just mindless trash recycling with a new skin, etc..

LESS insipid, directionless gossip-cranking targeted at people in general written on lunch hours and chicken McNuggetts because it's campy and easy.

No offense intended, but you guys/gals at MMORPG could be so much more.

/bows

Wherever you go, there you are.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by cyrician

I am sorry OP but it's people like you that give gamers a bad name. Please  let me know what ONE mmo you are playing so I can avoid it like the plague.

The sad thing is you think your an elite player you have no clue. Maybe it's just your attitude but I think you need to learn humility.

This for sure is good post. :-) As for OP, because of such individuals I guess started to dislike endgame.

Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by cyrician

I am sorry OP but it's people like you that give gamers a bad name. Please  let me know what ONE mmo you are playing so I can avoid it like the plague.

The sad thing is you think your an elite player you have no clue. Maybe it's just your attitude but I think you need to learn humility.

This for sure is good post. :-) As for OP, because of such individuals I guess started to dislike endgame.

The article was anti-hardcore raiders.  It was clearly ridiculing them, it was so obvious it punched you in the face with its lack of subtlety.  How, how, how did you miss this?   

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I am filthy casual
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by hidro

Holy shit guys, it was an attempt at humour.

Will you guys calm down? Jesus H. Christ, you filthy casuals are so uptight.

The last time I cracked a joke I got a ban from the website due to me making fun of George W. Bush's leadership skills. Like previous guyy stated, double standards.

Apparently it is the 'intent' that matters.  You should have explained that George W Bush is not a member of these forums, and having promoted himself to a position of public office is open to ridicule.  

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

1. Raids can be fun but mostly boring zerg. i enjoy more 5 man dungeons that are very dificult and make every party member do 110% class job.

2. I can type english better then talk it, speaking english is a bit difrend then type it.

3. Nothing sucks more then go guild wepsite when u want play the game.

4. Asking help in multiplayer game is vrong? damm, why not just play SP game if dont want talk to others players.

5. Some times its more rewarding beating boss when u figure out tactics u self.

6. no comment.

7. Im player, not guild slave.

Seems tis article was aimed for WoW players.

• rpgjackrpgjack Member CommonPosts: 1
    Nice, snarky article.  I smiled a couple of times.  Observation: The ability of people to bring who they are to a game always makes things interesting.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

What!? I am NOT a dirty casual. I am clean, very clean. I make sure to take at least one shower a day and even change my panties and socks regularly.

Harumph!

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Cougan
    I found it a funny article as I fit all the points pretty much - no voice comms or raiding for me! lol

Same here, especially for voice comms. I find them so unappealing. I have been known to raid from time-to-time but honestly, anymore, I would rather do something else.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.