Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth coming back now?

BlacksmithBlacksmith Member Posts: 55

After betatesting this game, I played for one month before I quit. It wasn't ready for release at the time and I (and many others) said that time and time again. Now it's been out for a while. I really haven't been keeping abreast of the news but some of the things I've heard intrigue me.

So, here is my question; do you think it's worth coming back to?

And please, no flames, I just want people's opinions. (because asking for objectivity here is impossible)

Comments

• rbh1138rbh1138 Member Posts: 13

I also had quit ,but with some new things being added and fixes. I think I might go back to see if it really has got better. I just don't know. I'm torn between going back or moving on to another mmorpg. I just haven't heard enough stuff about the "good" changes. I know they added a feature that allows you to carry a passenger in a land vehicle but that's all I've heard that sounds intresting.

• mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

I was the same and i decided to take the plunge and try it. I love it. Here is something i wrote on the steam forums:

I just got back into SWG after about 6 months off just to try out the CU. And believe me it has made the game a whole lot more fun again.

When i left noone was grouping, it was all about soloing. Why people want to do this in a social type of game is beyond me. Anyway now people are almost forced to group and WORK TOGETHER to get good exp. So this makes the grinders even have to work as a TEAM and group. That is how you make friends in the game etc. Its just a whole lot of fun. I just picked up JTL as well, havnt really used it a lot yet but it makes travel a lot faster. And the new multi passenger vehicles are awesome. I was grouping with about 5 people on dathomir, and then we had to travel quite a distance to get to the next spawn so this guy got out this great big 6 person vehicle and we all got in. That was cool.

Also at the moment you can still /respec. Although not for much longer. So you can basically use the skills you have now, and use them to give you other skills without the whole grinding thing.

So i would definately recomend new people try it out. Or old players to come back and give it another chance.

I see a lot of newcomers and returners every day. Just yesterday my guild took in 5 people that returned.

Lol, and no im not working for SOE.

Mainly about the CU i know but thats what they asked. I admit the game still has bugs but nothing particularly bad. The worst in my opinion is in guild and group chat i have chat lag, alot of people do, and it can take up to 30 seconds to post the message. Although i think theyre fixing this.

Come back and help the rebel cause.