Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer

JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
A new video was released today which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QM2DhfItMU

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    We used to have a childrens programme called the "Woodentops" on childrens TV when I was a kid. The player models   remind me of them. Completely devoid of any facial movements or expression.
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by ReaperUk
    We used to have a childrens programme called the "Woodentops" on childrens TV when I was a kid. The player models   remind me of them. Completely devoid of any facial movements or expression.

They characters use to have expression like eye blinking in earlier video, they haven't updated it since the new models, but its only alpha so no big deal. Sure it's coming back.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

looks great for alpha..

nice work

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by JC-Smith
    A new video was released today which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QM2DhfItMU

Awesome video, best to date!

Thanks guys!

• Marchosias13Marchosias13 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Copperfield

looks great for alpha..

nice work

If you believe/think that the character models will be significantly enhanced, even slightly enhanced, you are sorely mistaken my friend.

I can guarantee the launch type model will be typical of what you saw in the "ALPHA" video. The engine, lack of employees at Above/Beyond, etc...

Secondly, why is it that when these guys release a video, theres never any in depth combat footage? Its a typical cut to 3 seconds of combat then edit away to a housing shot.

Why are they soooo afraid of showing extended combat footage, especially at this late date?

Its because its 10 years dated and if they show extended video like that, word of mouth will kill this game before launch.

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

Originally posted by Marchosias13

looks great for alpha..

nice work

If you believe/think that the character models will be significantly enhanced, even slightly enhanced, you are sorely mistaken my friend.

I can guarantee the launch type model will be typical of what you saw in the "ALPHA" video. The engine, lack of employees at Above/Beyond, etc...

Secondly, why is it that when these guys release a video, theres never any in depth combat footage? Its a typical cut to 3 seconds of combat then edit away to a housing shot.

Why are they soooo afraid of showing extended combat footage, especially at this late date?

Its because its 10 years dated and if they show extended video like that, word of mouth will kill this game before launch.

Games like ESO and SW:TOR have released in the last 1-2 years with the same engine, so it is not 10 years old.

Now I agree that the graphics we've seen so far in the videos are not bleeding edge compared to some of the other games who are coming out these days, however, for an indie MMO which targets a subset of the MMO population/genre and doesn't aim to please to everyone at all costs, and for an MMO with that feature set, it is at a more than acceptable level.

That being said, while I doubt they would change the whole engine at that stage and redo all graphics (they won't), there are a lot of things that can tweaked and redone, namely animations and textures, which can give another twist -- it IS alpha after all, and they pretty much said it wouldn't launch this year, so. Things will change, to a degree.

That being said, if you want to see more and make your own opinion of it, they are planning to stream live on Twitch this Saturday, so why not drop by and see what/if they will show what you want to see :)
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by Marchosias13

looks great for alpha..

nice work

They have showed in depth combat on their twitch feeds if you follow them, there is one this weekend you should stop by and check it out.

Today's broadcast is on Twitch! Go take a look : http://www.twitch.tv/the_repopulation/b/568244288
  • RivolRivol Member UncommonPosts: 79
    This is the first repop vid I've taken the time to look at. Is it just me or does this game actually look pretty......awful?
    Originally posted by Rivol
    This is the first repop vid I've taken the time to look at. Is it just me or does this game actually look pretty......awful?

It sure has a distinct style, and as every MMORPG coming out, it may lag a bit behind your blockbuster FPS graphics, but that distinctive style is definitely appealing to many players.

So I wouldn't say its just you, but many people like what they see, too :)

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Keeping this one on my radar ! Looking good