Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LoL is more P2W than Strife

sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

I am one of those that have bought heroes because I got tired of my heroes or wanted to try a new one. Rune pages also cost money. In Strife, all heroes are free. And it plays more similiar to LoL than HoN and Dota.

I hope Strife digs LoL's grave and puts it in there. I've always hated that some people had hero or mastery/rune advantage over me, or meeting smurfs.

Only thing LoL got going that is better right now is live tournaments on Twitch.

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

Strife won't be digging any graves because it's a bad game.

Eye-bleedingly bad incoherent art style. Almost makes Rise of Immortals' art look good.

Non-sensical universe and character roster, without the tongue-in-cheek nature of something like Awesomenauts.

DULL skill sets. Heroes are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator with no depth at all.

Game as a whole is lacking in depth compared to every other game in the genre.

P2W out-of-match customization system.

Made and supported by S2, a company with notoriously bad customer relations.

I could keep going. But really, there are good MOBA/ARTS titles out there, and Strife isn't even close to being one of them.

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Originally posted by Aeander
    Eye-bleedingly bad incoherent art style. Almost makes Rise of Immortals' art look good.
    Non-sensical universe and character roster, without the tongue-in-cheek nature of something like Awesomenauts.

DULL skill sets. Heroes are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator with no depth at all.

I could keep going. But really, there are good MOBA/ARTS titles out there, and Strife isn't even close to being one of them.

Are you serious? The graphics are 100x better than LoL's graphics. I mean, just look at the trees. Zelda on SNES had better and varier trees than LoL has now.

LoL has boosts that last for a few games/time, but Strife has a permanent exp boost. And you get lots of pet seals and crafting mats every level. I'm level 16 and almost already on my 3rd pet (max level is 70). All pets are not needed, you need to research what pet is best for what, and stick to those heroes using it, before you have them all. I rather grind for pets than grinding for a character out of 100.

And try the mini single player campaign serie and we'll see how much skill you have. Try to survive with Rook on the fire spitting wall without losing any health.

EDIT: I've had support answer me through mail in 20 mins. And they have live chat support.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Im just confused that you called mastery, champions and smurfs P2W :/. The only real one you maybe claim is the rune pages, but even then thats a maybe.
  • sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Originally posted by Herase
    Im just confused that you called mastery, champions and smurfs P2W :/. The only real one you maybe claim is the rune pages, but even then thats a maybe.

It's P2W in western standards. Or you can grind it like a korean mmo fashion.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by sagil
    Originally posted by Herase

It's P2W in western standards. Or you can grind it like a korean mmo fashion.

So... you are saying a free player can get the same thing as a person that pays for it.... Not sure where you are seeing P2W. Maybe you are not sure what it means....

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Not really, smurfs have nothing to do with money it just high levels making new accounts which is free. Mastries pages are unlimited, i have six and never paid a penny and you can change/respec them on the champion select screen. Champions are only as good as the people playing them, if you farm poor, feed, build wrong and have no idea what you doing, no matter how many champions you bought for money, you're not going to win. Even if it's you counter, play well and you still win. All champions really do is switch up the playstyle tbh. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Originally posted by sagil
    Originally posted by Aeander

Are you serious? The graphics are 100x better than LoL's graphics. I mean, just look at the trees. Zelda on SNES had better and varier trees than LoL has now.

LoL has boosts that last for a few games/time, but Strife has a permanent exp boost. And you get lots of pet seals and crafting mats every level. I'm level 16 and almost already on my 3rd pet (max level is 70). All pets are not needed, you need to research what pet is best for what, and stick to those heroes using it, before you have them all. I rather grind for pets than grinding for a character out of 100.

And try the mini single player campaign serie and we'll see how much skill you have. Try to survive with Rook on the fire spitting wall without losing any health.

EDIT: I've had support answer me through mail in 20 mins. And they have live chat support.

On t3h graphics:

Yes, Strife has more graphical intensity than League. That doesn't matter at all, however, as Strife's ART STYLE is rancid shit. A game can have Crisis level graphics, but if its art style is bad, the game will look bad. And Strife's is the worst of the bunch.

Plus League, the game you are obsessed with comparing it to, is currently in the process of receiving another major graphics overhaul which will, if the youtube previews are any indication, bring it up to approximately the graphics level of DotA2 - a game that is far more impressive and coherent in both its graphics and its artstyle when compared to Strife.

On business model:

Tell someone who cares. We've already seen better and more generous business models than what Strife is offering. DotA2 has NO unnecessary out-of-match progression systems AND no champion unlocks. Dawngate has good prices and the ability to earn one or more free runes or even characters every match. Smite offered a $30 package to unlock every hero the game will ever have - and it has no out-of-match rune system.

It matters no if Strife "beats" League here, when it isn't going to dethrone League and doesn't compare to the model of other new MOBA/ARTS tiles.

On depth:

There is a difference between mechanical skill and depth. In any scenario in which power and all other factors are equal, a skilled player will beat a lesser-skiled player. That is the case with every game in this genre.

That certainly doesn't make Strife deep, because it isn't. Kits are barebones, dull, and one-dimensional. Items are bland and one-dimensional. The map itself has less depth than almost any other competitive moba map. That's not up for debate, because it's objective. Compare Strife kits to kits from virtually any other game and the other game will come out on top. Compare the tactical elements of Strife's map to the competitive map from another game and the other game will come out on top.

And, just to make their game laughably bad, S2 decided to take the worst mechanic from one of the genres worst titles.

Prime World was a bad game. If one were to list every awful mechanic in Prime World, they could easily form a list of 15-20 gamebreaking mechanics off the top of their head. Overdone out-of-match progression. A freaking bubble-pop minigame in the base that players could play instead of the actual match. Farmville style city building that was a part of the business model. The need to level and equip each character you own individually. A stamina system that punished you for playing a small selection of characters. The list goes on.

The worst mechanic in Prime World by far, however, was the ability (and, in fact, requirement) to pick your character and lock it in before seeing any of your teammates' picks. This absolutely ruined anything that wasn't a premade match, and it made the game a complete joke from a competitive standpoint. For some reason, S2 thought it would be a genius idea to use the exact same dreadful mechanic for their title.

Even if every single other mechanic in Strife made it a good game, the inclusion of pre-picking would make it a joke. But that's hardly the case, because Strife would be a lackluster game even without this gamebreaking, non-competitive mecanic. With it, it's just laughably bad. At least Prime World, for all its flaws, didn't look like cancer and had some modicum of depth and creativity to its mechanics. Strife is nothing more than an ugly, boring, simple derivative of better titles.