Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim questions

CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Hey gang, thanks for taking a moment to help me out  =)

Question 1 - Keybinds, I know I can set them for favorites which is Q, can I bind spells to like my numbers, 1, 2 etc ? I spend an obscene amount of time scrolling through spells in combat .

Question 2 - Graphic settings, I have to play on lowest possible settings but it still looks nice . Anywho is there a way I can completly remove shadows and grass on the ground ? I think this would be give me the boost in frames I need . I know , I know get a better gpu, I'm working on it .

Thanks   =)

Comments

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Well, thought I would bump it for you.  

1) You have right hand and left hand only, game is designed this way.  I haven't played in a while but never found other key bindings unless there is mod.  

2) Dunno, graphics were fine for me.  

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Welcome to Skyrim! You may you have less time for other activities now :)

First, let me ask you are playing PC (able to use mods) or a console?

1) Keybinds:
    When you highlight what you want to bind, just tap your number key that want that bound to. Realize, though, that spells go in your left hand first and if you tap the bound key again will also equip in your right hand to make duel casting easier, and weapons go in your right hand. There is no way to keybind a weapon to your left hand unless you play on PC and can use mods.

2) Graphic Settings:
    In your configuration display setting settings, I believe you can toggle grass off and on. Shadows, I found no way to change them without mods. I am guessing you are having issues with framerate?

I hope that helps a little :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    With regards to keybinds, you have to make your spell, weapon, armor etc a favorite first by highlighting in your inventory and hitting "F", then go into your faves "Q" to assign a hotkey number to them by highlighting then selecting the number.
  • SixliSixli Member UncommonPosts: 14

As far as graphic settings, you can tweak the SkyrimPrefs.ini file to further customize your settings.

I would highly suggest that you use a guide and back up the file before making any adjustments.

Google "Skyrim tweak guide" and you should find what you need to increase your frame rate.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Ok thanks everyone, I got everything I wanted . Shadows are removed and what a increase in frames and keybinds done  =)

Now I can quickly summon my tanks and switch to spells for those pesky dragons .

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Cabaloc

Ok thanks everyone, I got everything I wanted . Shadows are removed and what a increase in frames and keybinds done  =)

Now I can quickly summon my tanks and switch to spells for those pesky dragons .

Now that your FPS is faster, you can add this. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

This discussion has been closed.