Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one time i should of listened to the nay sayers lol.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Well i bought this, and i just hope some one on the official forums will buy it. I say this, because the devs that are making this have serious issues on how to fix stuff at what time. The game as it stands is unplayable, but they keep going on and on and on about their garbage house system, and trying to get people to buy their 12000 dollar castle.

When you meet people in this game, they skip all over the screen. Pvp is this, you smack the guy think your hitting him, and he jumps all over the place. Instead of this being the main focus though, you go to official releases, and what they are saying. They are focused on houses lol.

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

Well i bought this, and i just hope some one on the official forums will buy it. I say this, because the devs that are making this have serious issues on how to fix stuff at what time. The game as it stands is unplayable, but they keep going on and on and on about their garbage house system, and trying to get people to buy their 12000 dollar castle.

When you meet people in this game, they skip all over the screen. Pvp is this, you smack the guy think your hitting him, and he jumps all over the place. Instead of this being the main focus though, you go to official releases, and what they are saying. They are focused on houses lol.

Just follow the money trail and your answers and reasons will appear right before your eyes.   

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Just follow the money trail and your answers and reasons will appear right before your eyes.   

indeed indeed:(

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

You're complaining about a game that has just recently hit it's alpha stage? Here's food for thought. Don't purchase something that isn't finished and then bitch about it being broken. Jesus, is the world losing its capability to use common sense?!?!

Originally posted by Mizzoufan

You're complaining about a game that has just recently hit it's alpha stage? Here's food for thought. Don't purchase something that isn't finished and then bitch about it being broken. Jesus, is the world losing its capability to use common sense?!?!

Apparantly you arent. The game is not in alpha, just because they say it is. They are into the end stages of their development. With a release planned for the end of the year. Not to mention I am not complaining about it being broken, I am complaining about them just doing stuff with houses and stuff of that nature, when the server doesnt even work

So common sense you say, well any game dev that spends 7 months on houses when you cant even connect with out lag, has no common sense and i dont want anything to do with it.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Hmmmm judging by Tarteholic's Twitch stream all weekend the game actually ran fine for her. Upgrade your computer, file a bug report, and help fix the game if you're having so many problems. If you actually give a fuck about this title that's what you would be doing. Instead you're on here bitching about a product that's in pre-alpha. Give me your account, and I will help test the game.
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Apparantly you arent. The game is not in alpha, just because they say it is. They are into the end stages of their development. With a release planned for the end of the year. Not to mention I am not complaining about it being broken, I am complaining about them just doing stuff with houses and stuff of that nature, when the server doesnt even work

So common sense you say, well any game dev that spends 7 months on houses when you cant even connect with out lag, has no common sense and i dont want anything to do with it.

Man they jsut add pvp...a week? maybe 2 weeks ago ??   you sir or madam should never ever buy a game that is not in gold status for you clearly have no clue what you are buying.

• RIG4REDRIG4RED Member UncommonPosts: 58

"end stages of their development" - I actually laughed out loud. The game is advertised as alpha and is clearly, without question, alpha.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So do players decide what stage of development they are in now ? 

It seems every time a company lets people buy into their development you run into a fool who's been parted with their money.

Originally posted by ZutroyTheTroll

"end stages of their development" - I actually laughed out loud. The game is advertised as alpha and is clearly, without question, alpha.

Im glad you find it funny. It is def not alpha, they arent going to change any of their core systems. They are just tweaking it.

As for upgrading my computer, what does that have to do with server lag?

Not to mention the fact, that no one seems to know anything about the server. If you follow the posts on their forums they just say we really have no idea. Other then it prolly isnt peer to peer. Want to know what kind of houses you can have though? I can give you a 20 page document on how many houses you can have and what size, and all the way up to 20 grand.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by OoMpAlOmPaZ
    Hmmmm judging by Tarteholic's Twitch stream all weekend the game actually ran fine for her. Upgrade your computer, file a bug report, and help fix the game if you're having so many problems. If you actually give a fuck about this title that's what you would be doing. Instead you're on here bitching about a product that's in pre-alpha. Give me your account, and I will help test the game.

• jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115

Apparently you are misinformed.  This game is not launching at the end of this year.  There are current plans to go 24/7 around the end of the year so that they can test the economy, but there will still be wipes.   The game is nowhere near Alpha, as they aren't even feature complete.  Despite what their website says, they are not going to be complete by the end of the year.  They are likely 2 years away from being complete.

As far as lag, your mileage may vary and it's too bad that you are having problems.  In the releases I've played, I've only experienced some lag, but more like hiccups.  But you have a valid point here and there are others that have experienced lag issues and frame rate issues, crashes, etc.  The game definitely does not seem optimized in any way since I'm only getting about 10-15 fps in some areas, but I wouldn't expect that for a game that isn't even Alpha yet.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by ZutroyTheTroll

Im glad you find it funny. It is def not alpha, they arent going to change any of their core systems. They are just tweaking it.

As for upgrading my computer, what does that have to do with server lag?

Not to mention the fact, that no one seems to know anything about the server. If you follow the posts on their forums they just say we really have no idea. Other then it prolly isnt peer to peer. Want to know what kind of houses you can have though? I can give you a 20 page document on how many houses you can have and what size, and all the way up to 20 grand.

*sigh* Do you honestly think that they aren't going to change something if it's a problem? Core systems is basically their way of saying that they aren't changing any of the design or gameplay elements. I would expect they wouldn't. You wouldn't overhaul a game without something absolutely game-breaking. 

As far as lag goes, it's Alpha! Crap, I had more problems with networking in my Destiny Beta than I did in the Alpha. Oh! Also, Destiny Beta at least classified my error and provided me with a support site where I could look it up for them to tell me that it's an unknown error, or something that they're investigating. So, sorry, if $500 million does solve infrastructure, networking, and population issues, selling a $10k house isn't going to solve anything. As soon as you start scaling up your populations, you're undoubtedly going to see some issues. Apart from virtual users they've probably never had more than a handful of people online at once. 

As far as selling goes, ummmmmmmm yeah, they're going to sell you something whenever they can. Go visit a Star Citizen forum if you want to see a group who's become extremely adept at whining about this sort of thing. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Caveat Emptor...

If it isn't released, don't buy it.  

If it is released, employ the 60 day rule... don't buy it until 60 days after the official release date... if after 60 days you still have an interest in the game, then buy it, if not... money saved.

Impulse buying is not your friend.  Your wallet thanks you.

Originally posted by General-Zod
    Originally posted by OoMpAlOmPaZ

I guess you arent up to speed. They dont listen to anything about the server having problems. If you arent talking about player housing, or what they are doing, then it isnt important to them.

heres some quotes of more reasons

"The original change from Peer to Peer was not announced, but answered when lots of players got warnings of possible malware.
    So instead of you answering the OP as if you know the facts, let a DEV come in and answer it who will have the facts."

Dev never came in and gave any one some facts

"makasouleater said:
    I dono i do not see anything where they say this isnt peer to peer

You may be lucky and get a DEV to answer it for you, no one really knows what the set up is now for PvP.

We've been asking repeatedly about this but everything gets drowned out in the quest for having custom player towns and the like. They had a setup where some user was the master for a scene but no one could determine how the master was selected, what happens when the master goes to a new scene or gets disconnected. It is still unknown whether it even works that way anymore.
    Please join us in pestering the team to let us know all that they can and how we can help. Many of us with FiOS and great hardware are chomping at the bit to see what is possible under the best of situations."

"lol guys...

I'm also lagging and bugging (major bugs often I fall through the screen) all over the place, but since everything seems to be set against a 15 year old standard... it's normal we lag.

What I don't get is why they ask us to stress the servers if they can't even take 40 people in an instance without lagging for the last few releases...

I think the UI is much better and starting to work solid for me, kudos to that (Y)

What particularly hit me is how dumb the NPCs are... my avatar was insulted, talked down, ignored and became the angriest man in new britannia, until he met a beautiful lady and forgot all about it :)" />

So it has nothing to do with alpha beta release or any of that garbage labels, that no one really knows what mean. If you go from one person or game to the next its all different. Anyways, the server not being number 1 priorty is my problem

Just to clear things up, the game is pre-alpha.  It's not even alpha.  Here's a screenshot, which clearly shows in the top left at what stage the builds are in.

Originally posted by jtripper

Just to clear things up, the game is pre-alpha.  It's not even alpha.  Here's a screenshot, which clearly shows in the top left at what stage the builds are in.

So your one of the people who believe a game that has all the features it going to have, a cash shop where you can buy all sorts of stuff, and the game saves it progress is a Open BETA game. Lol if you follow elite and dangerous it is in closed beta, and when beta started all you could do was fly into a space station. Yet this alpha game, which has most of its core features, that arent going to change is pre alpha because some one typed that into the code to pop on the screen. I gots ya

• steusssteuss Member UncommonPosts: 130

This must be why everyone hates on contractions:

Should've =/= Should of

The one time i should have listened to the nay sayers.

And now i'm one of them.

So it has nothing to do with alpha beta release or any of that garbage labels, that no one really knows what mean. If you go from one person or game to the next its all different. Anyways, the server not being number 1 priorty is my problem

You really need to look at their standup notes that shows what every developer is working on every day.  There are dedicated server devs.  Having said that, is the server their number one priority?  Only they can answer that.  But are you having lag issues?  Yep.  Are others?  Nope.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

So your one of the people who believe a game that has all the features it going to have, a cash shop where you can buy all sorts of stuff, and the game saves it progress is a Open BETA game. Lol if you follow elite and dangerous it is in closed beta, and when beta started all you could do was fly into a space station. Yet this alpha game, which has most of its core features, that arent going to change is pre alpha because some one typed that into the code to pop on the screen. I gots ya

You assume too much...

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Honestly, I blame the company for selling alpha/beta/whatever access to people. Sure its his fault for not doing proper research before making a purchase, but every company is trying and will continue to try and make money off of idiots like this. This has to stop.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Apparently you are misinformed.  This game is not launching at the end of this year.  There are current plans to go 24/7 around the end of the year so that they can test the economy, but there will still be wipes.   The game is nowhere near Alpha, as they aren't even feature complete.  Despite what their website says, they are not going to be complete by the end of the year.  They are likely 2 years away from being complete.

As far as lag, your mileage may vary and it's too bad that you are having problems.  In the releases I've played, I've only experienced some lag, but more like hiccups.  But you have a valid point here and there are others that have experienced lag issues and frame rate issues, crashes, etc.  The game definitely does not seem optimized in any way since I'm only getting about 10-15 fps in some areas, but I wouldn't expect that for a game that isn't even Alpha yet.

Estimated release date for episode 1 is december 2014.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Release_Dates

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Maybe they need to give alpha and beta access a new descriptor.  Something to hit the point home that what you are buying is a canned food item that is dented with an close expiration date and no label.  If you're hungry enough for that, you are hungry enough for a alpha/beta release.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Honestly, I blame the company for selling alpha/beta/whatever access to people. Sure its his fault for not doing proper research before making a purchase, but every company is trying and will continue to try and make money off of idiots like this. This has to stop.

It's a KS game. Beta access is part of the perks of " investing" in the game. Companies shouldn't restrict how they sell something because some "idiot" can't take the time to read about it. The game will launch one day so he hasn't been screwed or anything. He's just made a fool out of himself on this forum because he doesn't seem to understand what he paid for.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by Albatroes

Normally I would agree with you, but in this instance, they are definitely not ripping people off. All they need is better documentation on what being an early founder entails and the experiences you will/may receive by being an early founder. This guy obviously does not know the meaning of alpha/beta testing.

This is like a little kid screaming "I want it now!!".

I am an Elite: Dangerous backer.....and your point?  Frontier Games and Portalarium have different dev processes and milestones.  Do you even know what you're talking about?

Rather than spend a year developing a feature nobody likes or isn't fun, they can prototype it in a month, unleash it in all its ugly glory and get immediate feedback.  If it's not fun or is stupid, they would have only wasted a month or so, rather than a year and be forced to release crap or go back to the drawing board.

So yes, they have completely changed things around (overland map controversy is a big example) as that is the entire point of the way they're doing these early test releases.  They even have said this publicly multiple times on the forums and in interviews and is one of the reasons why they are letting backers test so early.

This discussion has been closed.