Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some frustration about Neverwinter online.

ShynarraShynarra Member Posts: 3

Hello everyone,

I've been playing Neverwinter since beta, never exploited the game and helped the project as much as I could by donating a small ammount of my cash in the begining  (yes, I am free to play player but considering that my Internet is Per Use which is quite expensive, I believe  I do pay to play this game. ) and with advises I could give to those who just started playing this game on forums and ingame. So far I was okay with the game and it never gave me a headache (besides some PvP matches against toxic jerks) untill recently forum became a tyranny of mods (they should add dragons with mods names ingame and call the new module "the Tyranny of dragons), literally, THEY DO NOT ALLOW TO POST ACT(advanced combat tracking) LOGS! Saying it is a supsicious 3rd party programm. The funny thing is the program is allowed to use on other PWE games like Star Trek or Star Wars online. Now, the forums just basically became BORING and GRAY to read because pretty much everything gets locked/deleted.

I could get over it with that forum tyrany and still keep enjoying PvE part of the game (done with pvp, it's completely broken and balance is screwed forcing players to play the same boring stupid builds) but on   08/23 (2 AM PDT)  I lost my 200$ Lord's Armored Bear mount while I tried to fill my guild bank with enchantment shards/peridots preparing for x2 refinement weekend on 12 of september. 

Before the recent patch, when everything was pretty much screwed and it was not possible to whisper anyone in chat in a normal way (right click>private message I mean), you could drag one pile of enchantment shards on another in your inventory and there would pop up a bugged refinement window showing enchantment shards slotted in refinement slots despite it's wrong type enchantment shards, and I believe it was the thing that "ate" my mount why I dragged my mount from my guild bank on the shards in my inventory. 

Still, despite it is not my fault, they told me I am accountable for that activity? WHAT? So, I can lose all my endgame perfect/rank 10s by doing basic inventory sorting because of THEIR bug and never get a refund for that? 

I've seen a lot about people people getting rich by recieving countless heavy nightmare mounts from bugged lockboxes and what they never banned any of them for that. As well as with resonator expoit, I still see many guys (gotta admit some got banned though *claps* at least) that exploited them running around and mocking at everyone just because they were more keen to find an exploit that gave them their endless estate. And it upsets me much because some people that play unfair escape and never get punished while fair players just have to endure this "we don't really care" policy.

Neverwinter was the first MMO I ever played and it was because of my BF told me it has DnD title in it. Now I wish I never done that as each time I log in on support site after hard working day or in the morning I get depressed.  

P.S I am not native and rarely do such big post, sorry if there are any typos. I just can't bare the way everything is in neverwinter now anymore.

Comments

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

I haven't played in a long time, but I remember two issues that bugged me: -

• The nickel and diming.  I am happy to pay for the games I play, I also regularly buy cosmetic items etc from the CS in the games I play; however, I will not play a game that tries to nickel and dime me for the fundamentals.  
    • One of the strong points of the game for me was the foundry but it was entirely neglected by the developers.  A few people like me spent a lot of time and effort building an interesting world and creating an interesting balanced quest to go in it, but these few good foundries were flooded out by the hundreds of shit 5 minute jobs, the exploits and the empty-map grinders.   Worse still, there was no method to filter out the shit with the exception of the 2% of foundries that got in there early and received some early reviews.  
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I would have happily subscribed to this game. I could not and they kept filling my inventory with stuff everyday and I knew it was to force me to buy from the cash shop so I stopped playing.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

They ban plenty of exploiters, you just don't see it. And they tend to go after the worst exploiters, rather than everyone.

Given how quick those exploits tend to spread on that server they'd end up with no population left if they banned them all. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Shynarra

Hello everyone,

I've been playing Neverwinter since beta, never exploited the game and helped the project as much as I could by donating a small ammount of my cash in the begining  (yes, I am free to play player but considering that my Internet is Per Use which is quite expensive, I believe  I do pay to play this game. ) and with advises I could give to those who just started playing this game on forums and ingame. So far I was okay with the game and it never gave me a headache (besides some PvP matches against toxic jerks) untill recently forum became a tyranny of mods (they should add dragons with mods names ingame and call the new module "the Tyranny of dragons), literally, THEY DO NOT ALLOW TO POST ACT(advanced combat tracking) LOGS! Saying it is a supsicious 3rd party programm. The funny thing is the program is allowed to use on other PWE games like Star Trek or Star Wars online. Now, the forums just basically became BORING and GRAY to read because pretty much everything gets locked/deleted.

I could get over it with that forum tyrany and still keep enjoying PvE part of the game (done with pvp, it's completely broken and balance is screwed forcing players to play the same boring stupid builds) but on   08/23 (2 AM PDT)  I lost my 200$ Lord's Armored Bear mount while I tried to fill my guild bank with enchantment shards/peridots preparing for x2 refinement weekend on 12 of september. 

Before the recent patch, when everything was pretty much screwed and it was not possible to whisper anyone in chat in a normal way (right click>private message I mean), you could drag one pile of enchantment shards on another in your inventory and there would pop up a bugged refinement window showing enchantment shards slotted in refinement slots despite it's wrong type enchantment shards, and I believe it was the thing that "ate" my mount why I dragged my mount from my guild bank on the shards in my inventory. 

Still, despite it is not my fault, they told me I am accountable for that activity? WHAT? So, I can lose all my endgame perfect/rank 10s by doing basic inventory sorting because of THEIR bug and never get a refund for that? 

I've seen a lot about people people getting rich by recieving countless heavy nightmare mounts from bugged lockboxes and what they never banned any of them for that. As well as with resonator expoit, I still see many guys (gotta admit some got banned though *claps* at least) that exploited them running around and mocking at everyone just because they were more keen to find an exploit that gave them their endless estate. And it upsets me much because some people that play unfair escape and never get punished while fair players just have to endure this "we don't really care" policy.

Neverwinter was the first MMO I ever played and it was because of my BF told me it has DnD title in it. Now I wish I never done that as each time I log in on support site after hard working day or in the morning I get depressed.  

P.S I am not native and rarely do such big post, sorry if there are any typos. I just can't bare the way everything is in neverwinter now anymore.

If you're looking for a DnD mmo DDO is the closest it gets, Neverwinter is so far off track it is not even funny.  As for the rest of your post all I can say is avoid PWE from now on.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Play ESO if you want a game that's done in DnD spirit. Its quests blow those sad excuses from Neverwinter out of the water, and so does its voice acting. And with ESO you don't have to put up with all of PWE's shenanigans regarding gambling boxes and limited inventories. Nor have I ever heard of them having a bug like you described and not restoring the items.

Heck, WoW is probably a better "DnD" MMO than Neverwinter. And so are the majority of fantasy titles out there. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Maybe you can tell us what drew you to Neverwinter besides the possible title link. Or maybe I should ask what kept you playing? That way we can better help direct you to a game that may be more fair and worth your time in the long run. PWE isn't really the best publisher around and even if you subscribe they are still meh at best. Personally speaking, Trion has a more fair f2p model for their games than most companies with Enmasses' Tera as a close second. Tera might have more similar combat to Neverwinter vs Rift/Archeage though.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I noticed that they're pretty quick about banning gold spammers, too. If you watch chat in Protector's Foundry, you'll see a lot of gold spam. Start typing /ignore_spam and then the person's name, and you'll see their name in the auto-fill. After maybe ten or fifteen seconds the auto-fill will disappear and if you type it out manually you'll get "no user found."

Originally posted by Omali

I noticed that they're pretty quick about banning gold spammers, too. If you watch chat in Protector's Foundry, you'll see a lot of gold spam. Start typing /ignore_spam and then the person's name, and you'll see their name in the auto-fill. After maybe ten or fifteen seconds the auto-fill will disappear and if you type it out manually you'll get "no user found."

LOL, that's just the goldfarmers rerolling so that they can spam those who put them on ignore all over again.

You'll notice that the moment one vanishes, another takes his place.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Omali

The "no user found" response is most likely because the goldspammers auto-delete their characters after 5 or 10 minutes, because they know 75% of the online players have blocked them by then. They simply create a new character every 5 to 10 minutes because that is the most effective way of continually being in everyone's face.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Play other mmos and you'll see why so many ppl wont touch a perfect world game.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    i feel sorry for u ,your first mmorpg Neverwinter online?, your BF is evil :P

avoid PWE in the future , there are plenty of mmorps that dont have this bugs and are way more fun / balanced
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I also had high hopes being a Forgotten Realms fan but PWI is notorious.  I wouldn't be put off trying their free games for a bit just don't put any heart n soul or money into them.  All their games are eye candy.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Hello everyone,

Being a huge D&D fan and tying Neverwinter in beta and again recently with the Warlock class to give the game the benefit of the doubt..... yeah Neverwtiner is an IP sales game.  It shares the lore and thats about it and is an atrocity to the D&D franchise. 

I went back to DDO as its truer that Neverwinter ever will, but sadly its does have a lot of faults.  At least with DDO you do have traps, you have interesting quests and DM narration, you have class builds (granted there are major flavor of the update builds).

But the truest D&D experience I'd say lies in Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 player created and driven persistent worlds.

D&D and MMOs simply don't mix well... at least non have accomplished a true accurate version of it.  People say DDO in its early form was very close to it but now it has strayed very far from it.

• ZebularZebular Member UncommonPosts: 24

The block on ACT reports and discussions was removed after it was discussed internally. Here is our Community Letter we send to those who inquire:

. . . We've spoken further with our Community Manager and he brought up the topic of ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) with the Developers. At this time, ACT will no longer be disallowed to be discussed on our forums, in moderation. However, please keep such mentions as discussions and try to advert away from anything that could be considered third party advertising.

. . . We'll need to keep all "help" topics off the forums, in regard to use of ACT. Instead, please direct and ask users to contact the developer(s) of ACT or any one that works for or assists the developer(s) of ACT privately through either PM or through ACT's own site.

. . . Our apologies for any confusion or annoyance the prior ruling of disallowing ACT had caused. 
    Just to be clear; as long as ACT doesn't require Neverwinter to be running with it and doesn't in any way manipulate game files (other than the log files the game exports, while offline from Neverwinter), there should be no further issue with ACT.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

[ PWE Community Moderator (Official Forums) | Foundry: The Dweomerkeepers | My Twitter | @zebular ]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll admit that the PWE forum mods is pretty anal. I was looking on their Ether Saga Online forum a few days ago and people were asking about updates since the game only got cash shop sales and no new content for like a year. Mod gets on and is like "The team is working on it so I will have to lock this thread"