Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Australians - was gonna buy limited edition until I saw this

sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Getting past geo blocking I found that aussies yet again are being ripped off on the same digital download from the exact same download source. 

Australian prices 

$99.95 and $69.95

Now removing the geo block the same digital download in US dollars.

$79.00 and $59.99

Now they cannot make the excuse on a digital download that it is the cost of doing business in Australia, that is pathetic excuse.

Standard edition only $10 difference but the collectors is a big difference for the download.

We always tend to get a raw deal when it comes to games we purchase online digitally as well as in store. The ACCC is still investigating the price gouging by many international companies doing business here. 

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Why buy from Zenimax go to Amazon or some other place it will be way cheaper. The limited edition is a huge ripoff anyway.
    Chamber of Chains
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Why buy from Zenimax go to Amazon or some other place it will be way cheaper. The limited edition is a huge ripoff anyway.

Was hoping on getting digital download but yes maybe better just to wait a month for the game to arrive in mail from amazon I guess. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I have bought games from Greenmangaming and they have been reliable. They have codes that give discounts and you can get up to 30% off their digital stuff. May be you can check there since I live in Europe so game availability may differ.
    Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I have bought games from Greenmangaming and they have been reliable. They have codes that give discounts and you can get up to 30% off their digital stuff. May be you can check there since I live in Europe so game availability may differ.

I actually forgot about those guys plus there is another group who operates within australia but forgotten their name. 

Just found amazon has starter edition currently for $30 so will go order that. Heaps better than the Australian price as its almost half. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP you guys in Aussiland arent the only ones. A PS4 in Brasil costs over $1200 dollars. In the Caribbean, prices are stupid as well, which is why in my country piracy is rampant and disturbing. But like someone else said, try to get stuff from Amazon, greenmangaming, gamersgate, and some other legitimate sites at a discount.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

OP you guys in Aussiland arent the only ones. A PS4 in Brasil costs over $1200 dollars. In the Caribbean, prices are stupid as well, which is why in my country piracy is rampant and disturbing. But like someone else said, try to get stuff from Amazon, greenmangaming, gamersgate, and some other legitimate sites at a discount.

Here in Australia I paid $600 for my ps4 which wasn't too bad. I also own a xbox one as well for a total combines $1200 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The Aussies should be region blocked imo. The destroy Cyrodiil scoring with 4am (est) raids. Charge them 150$
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

We are in a world economy with a world wide web.  Search is your friend.  Search for best price + convert currency = buy best deal.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by sancher36
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Here in Australia I paid $600 for my ps4 which wasn't too bad. I also own a xbox one as well for a total combines $1200 

Gamesrocket..another website like greenmangaming. I prefer gamesrocket because they don't put geo locks on game but greenman does.

Give it a shot.