Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Darkest Dungeon: Going into the Dungeon at PAX Prime

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Our second look at Darkest Dungeon this year comes from PAX Prime. In the last 5 months the team has been building in a lot of character options and new dungeons. Bringing in the town elements of the world to rest your party as well, Darkest Dungeon continues to be the thinking player’s RPG with loads of options for an independent game.

Read more of our hands on with Darkest Dungeon from PAX Prime.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Can't wait for this one to release. Would probably get it for the tablet later as well if they ever release on droid.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    Sounds interesting, wonder if there are in-game pictures anywhere?
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Hey MMORPG staff! Thanks for the updates.

Is there a way that you can identify if the article that you are posting is just a basic RPG with no mmo elements? It would help me know what I'm looking at.

Thanks!
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

Great article Garrett!

Some in-game pics in this article:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1092/feature/8732/Building-an-OldSchool-Roguelike-with-a-Twist.html

and even more at the games website!

T

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Mitara
    Sounds interesting, wonder if there are in-game pictures anywhere?

The fight scene is the in-game pictures..... and its not hard to google "the darkest dungeon" and go into their media page to look at more game footage. 

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I like the look of this game, i'll be keeping an eye on this for sure. I would buy now but the game isn't in closed beta yet.   D:

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Thupli

Is there a way that you can identify if the article that you are posting is just a basic RPG with no mmo elements? It would help me know what I'm looking at.

Thanks!

The game has nothing todo with MMO as it's a single player game. So it's a basic RPG as you wrote with no mmo elements as it's just for one player. I think single player games are often more fun to play than watered down MMOs of today. I have preordered this game and hope it will rock at least for some days. :)

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    i like it, its something else, supports small indi devs, has character and a great overall feel and style
  • CatulusCatulus Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Looks very interesting. Definately will buy once up on steam. Might have pre-ordered through their site if they actually explained what the bonus hero is you get for the digital deluxe.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by Elmberry

Thanks!

The game has nothing todo with MMO as it's a single player game. So it's a basic RPG as you wrote with no mmo elements as it's just for one player. I think single player games are often more fun to play than watered down MMOs of today. I have preordered this game and hope it will rock at least for some days. :)

I'm pretty sure he suggested a tag next to the article title indicating if the game being advertised is a single player or mmo.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Thanks!

+1

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    I would like this game, but wish they had just the game offer, I don't want to pay $49 on something I am unsure on presently, but I would happily sink $20 on the game itself if they took all the deluxe stuff away. 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I think the trailers for this and Crawl are pretty much the best I've ever seen. Can't wait for backer early access.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic