Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Gigantic: Hands On with Gigantic at PAX Prime

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Every so often you will come across a game that absolutely captivates you and begs to be played. There are so many different things that attracts a player to a game, whether it is the art style, genre, concept or as simple as the way it plays. This Saturday morning at PAX I had one of the moments when I was able to get hands on with the new game being developed by Motiga. Gigantic, from the moment I sat down in front of the PC, just had me enthralled. 

Read more of Franklin Rinaldi's Gigantic: Hands On At PAX Prime.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

its OK you dont want to call it MOBA, but the game is multiplayer, is online and its an arena where 2 teams battle for victory. So IMO the MOBA title fits perfectly fine no matter what. it doesnt have to be a LoL or Dota Style game to be called that.

I think Riot coined that name with LoL but in a more general scale it actually fits any arena based pvp game that meets each letter in that acronym.

This video looks pretty good for an alpha, and the fact that its third person makes me want to play it more. Looking forward to more info on it.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Definitely a MOBA. And definitely worth a look. Whether the author wants to call it a MOBA or not is beside the point, even Transformers Universe got the MOBA tag. You dont need "creeps" to be a MOBA.

Im just guessing here, but looks like normal MMO WASD controls and not click to move nonsense. Im all for that. We need more 3rd person WASD MOBAs, and less clicking. Gonna keep an eye on this one and see how it develops at least.