Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Launch is Coming, At Long Last

Comments

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Meh.

Was not successful in Korea, where it launched.

Was not particularly well received in Russia where it went next.

So why should anyone get hyped up about a 2 time loser, that still has a lot of the shortcomings of other similar Asian MMOs?

Yeah, in no hurry to play this one.

Koreans have too much to worry about and too many games on their hands to be impressed anymore. As for Russians....i am shocked they are an option, for you, as reference.... for anything for that matter.

I for one, did the CBT 4 and loved this game. There are so many fun and new & innovative elements that kept me laughing and smiling all through out the beta phase. 

Finally a game where to put down some roots....and even grow something :P  heh!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I predict it will be a F2P game by launch!!! Ha! Doh!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by judasbreed

when is the game coming out? This is a little ridiculous they're taking wayyyyy to long. This game does look extremely fun but i can't see the game justfying the wait. It doesnt look like anything revolutionary 

Last sentence of the article "Finally, we were told that the game will launch in the Western world on September 16. Gamers with pre-orders will get a head start on the 12th. The time has finally come. Are you ready?".

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Meh.

So why should anyone get hyped up about a 2 time loser, that still has a lot of the shortcomings of other similar Asian MMOs?

Me neither, I will give it a month or so for the excitement to die down. Plus I need to do my PMP Cert before the end of the year so I should concentrate on that.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Meh.

Me neither, I will give it a month or so for the excitement to die down. Plus I need to do my PMP Cert before the end of the year so I should concentrate on that.

The game has been in alpha for months and has been visibly climbing in population. The beta weekends also grew in participation, although free players that got a key are hard to count as 'players' since they do not support the game by paying.

Obviously time will tell, MMO's come and go very quickly these days. ArcheAge however is a clan focussed game, and in the past they have proven to have greater staying power since they are better at creating a social community - This is already quite easy to see in the game and recruitment forums.

As for the comments on the game failing in Korea and Russia, I don't know the details. I do know North American and European players jump all over sandbox games, especially in recent years. The game so far seems well received.

• rajah.comrajah.com Member UncommonPosts: 5
    It has been the top seller on steam for over a week
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Looking forward to hearing about the disappointment and crying in the coming months.
  • marisilverkinmarisilverkin Member Posts: 9

and who want to play this asia grinder?

to be fair, i participated in the alpha and beta. and most of the good content comes only after lvl 30. Thats way to late for a sandbox park like arch age. I dont expect it to be mainstream. it will stay a niche game -  but hopefully not to much pay to win.

• ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

Meh.

russian archeage last quarter madwe $10 million profit. what are you talking about?

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I cant wait :( 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    There are a lot of different ways to play this game.  I think some of the people who have tried it, didn't spend enough time realizing the depths of the different systems.  I understand this may not be some peoples preferred game, but I haven't had this much fun since Star Wars Galaxies.  Now only if we had player shops....
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Welcome to the internet. Where being excited for something as subjective as entertainment will result in the slinging of poo. 

I'm excited. Because I play video games. Fling away, turds. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by truewarlord
    Originally posted by Nleon

Enjoy your pay 2 win game.

Enough of lies dude.

The number of people spreading lies about this game without any knowledge about how LP works is absurd.

To make it clear. An average player will never even realize the LP existence. You need to be extremely hardcore to become completely empty, and if you really run out, it's time to subscribe, because it shows how much you are enjoying the game.

You pay to regen LP, so you can craft faster. Ok.

The best itens in the game are crafted. Ok (And how can this be considered a bad thing after all?)

People paying will get the best things first. Ok.

The problem is that "get the best items first" is not a P2W element.

Because if "get first" was an P2W element, all games that sell "xp potions" would be considered P2W.

You know, with xp boost you reach the level cap faster, and makes dungeons first , and get the best items first...

Even League Of Legends can be called P2W then. Xp boosts and Ip boosts makes you reach lvl 30 first, and it give you the masteries advantage. And IP boost give you more IP (ofc), and you get your runes first...

P2W is about selling a power that can not be obtained in game. This would never apply to "get something first". 

Nearly all MMOs sell something that makes you get something first, even the P2P ones.

So please, STOP this nosense/lies.

It's no bullshit. It's no lies. You are the one hardcore defending to cover up the truth!

This game is total crap as F2P player!  As the LP system is a joke for F2P players!

Come on now! Don't have to cover up the truth that the game IS NOT F2P!

Every single lootbag costs 1 LP (and up) to open to get cash!

Every single quest reward costs 5LP (and up) to be able to equip!

So even if you don't bother with mining (5LP per attempt) or crafting (100LP per attempt and up), you constistently run out of LP.

Not unless you run a macro to keep yourself AFK in the game for a couple days first to build up some LP to start out with (unless the AFK timer doesn't make it in, so then you just stay logged in).

So word of advice! REAL advice!  Just suck it up and subscribe, so you get LP to start out with and offline LP regen! So you can at least play the game more worry free!

Don't bother to try the game free, as it sucks big time! The LP system is otherwise going to stonewall you consistently!

During the last closed beta event (as they didn't have AFK timer yet) I just kept myself logged in for a full day and after that I was FINALLY able to play the game a bit, without having to worry running out of LP all the time and filling my bag with unidentified lootbags and quest rewards. That is if you stay away from  mining and crafting, as forget about doing that as Free player. You will end up buying more LP pots in a single month, making subsribing hell lot cheaper.

PS. Good Luck to TRION to try advertise this game F2P here in Europe! Especially after EA got slapped by the EU not too long ago, with one of their mobile games. /shrug

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

I played the beta's and unfortunately I got profoundly bored. The game just couldnt keep my interest.

I found very little innovation and the character "classes" felt limited despite offering to mix 3 sets of commands, actually probably because of this mix i would say. 

someone said "its a guild game" and in some ways it is, however there are no guild systems, only the guild membership and chat, so no pre-defined purpose for the guild other than to stay alive in the pvp-areas. Tha was a bit of a disapppointment for me.

The crafting is ok and will generate some hype to the game together with the ships.

Trion are good at business, so they will make money on this one, but it will probably not be that huge Wow-killer that a lot of readers on this forum is looking for. Still worth checking out.

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

I can't believe MMORPG.com are calling this game a sandbox.

But you missed out the words pay to win. Only those who stump up more money on top of their sub will be able to do what they want when they want.

• jarosujojarosujo Member UncommonPosts: 12
    No inverted y-mouse yet ? I just can't play without that. I tried last beta, impossible :-(
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Nleon

Enjoy your pay 2 win game.

Enjoy your wrong assumptions.

Funny that someone just make´s an assumption like that and says nothing else to back it up.

Looks like another troll shot at the forum to me.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    I want to play this game but the PvP part has me balking. Can I play this game as a strictly PvE with farming ,housing and kill stuff in zones during peacetime breaks. I only play PvP games that have places I turn on and off my flag so like going to war time areas would be a choice  for me. I do not mind the occasional PvP where I choose to try it like a trade pact run. Would it be worth my time to play this game based on the above.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Yes i liked the trailer as well and i may yet join the launch but as of now i have not decided to do so.They came oh so close to getting me on board i just don't know if i can fathom the pvp side of the design.If they had gone ONLY PVE and ONLY a grouping game instead of those silly markers and arrows on the ground and opened up class design a bit more i was sold for a long haul.

I could see me having fun for about a month then certain design decisions would slowly creep on me until after 2-3 months i would get fed up and wonder why i gave it a chance.That is my gut feeling so idk if there is any chance i will play it but at least it got my interest more than any other game in quite some time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Havent found the Pay to Win button yet, but Im still looking!

I love how it failed in Korea and Russia, yet 2 years later that game is still goin.

If your on the fence about playing it, just wait to release. Its F2P from the get go. Sure LP will be a hassle, but if you plan you should be OK. Your only investment would be your time. Lets face it if your on these forums a lot, you have the time.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I say it is to late - the Window of Oportunitiy slipped through and many Players that were willing to give it time have disbanded from MMOs entirely or be invested in Crowdfunding Projects and take AA only as filler game.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    Originally posted by bestever

... please point out a game that you can affect the game world and make some peace of armor that the dev's haven't put in the game? To me its a sandbox because you have choice. It not just the same old same old. I really want to know how its not a sandbox?

Somewhat off-topic, but Ryzom is an example of a sandboxy game that doesn't have fixed armor. There is no dropped armor, only armor that people make. There is no armor that the dev's made, only player-crafted armor.

There are no spells made by the dev's either; if you want to cast a spell, you have to construct the spell yourself. Same as melee. There is only the most basic "swing weapon" action; you have to construct your own attacks.

Back -on topic -- what concerns me about AA is how they charged for alpha access, it looks like a cash grab mentality.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

If you call AA a sandbox game, your definition applies to many other games as well. Like about every game in which you can move your character around and chose what to do next. It's like saying every game that contains a campfire is a roleplaying game.

Trion probably won't need half the time they needed to "westernize" the game to run it down the drain. Rift and Defiance have shown that Trion is always good for sneaking in some borderline P2W moves and i definitely see some upsets coming to AA as well -and LP will be a huge factor in this matter.

• MiGhTyEcKoMiGhTyEcKo Member Posts: 22

LOL at all the trolls who are calling this a P2W, you may stop trolling now.

None of you have played this game, clearly. 

• MiGhTyEcKoMiGhTyEcKo Member Posts: 22