Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hello there question regarding subscription and real money spent .

hello there .i am a casual player .playing at the most maybe 10 hours a week . i wanted to know that do i need to buy subscription to enjoy this game and do i need to buy additional coins to enjoy this game with subscription . if for some months i buy the subscription will it effect me ? if so , when is the good time to maintain subscription ?thank you for your help :) 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by agora012
    hello there .i am a casual player .playing at the most maybe 10 hours a week . i wanted to know that do i need to buy subscription to enjoy this game and do i need to buy additional coins to enjoy this game with subscription . if for some months i buy the subscription will it effect me ? if so , when is the good time to maintain subscription ?thank you for your help :) 

Heya Agora, a subscription makes a lot of things easier; such as getting more experience, earning rested experience while offline, the ability to queue up crafting tasks, but it's not necessary.

If you ever get to the point where you want to do endgame content you could have to sub for a month to unlock the expansion. Other than that you could unlock most of the restrictions by buying the account unlocks from other players through the in-game auction house for in game currency instead of buying them with coins, or having them automatically unlocked by being a subscriber.

Welcome, and have fun! :)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Though not needed, a sub is recomended if you plan to take full advantage of the game. OR you can see if someoen will refer you. that gives 7 days of free sub and some unlocks for when you go back to free to play mode such as an extra craftign slot and the ability to cary slighty more credits.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You do not need to buy any cartel cons if you have a subscription. You will be receiving 500 CC every month and you can spend them as you will. If you do not won't to sub, you can get for CC some upgrades> I would recommend a sub for a month and then switch to preferred if you don't want to pay monthly.

You can find referral links in the top post on this forum.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Like Sevenstar said, by subscribing you get an amount of microtransactions every month.

If you want to play Swtor i suggest you subscribe and accumulate those free microtransactions to use them when you decide to cancel the sub and play as a preferred player. That way you spend your free microtransactions and dont waste your money.

If you plan on playing from the ground up as a preferred player you will be miserable and get ripped off because no matter how much money you spend in the game, you are still very limited on important parts of the game unless you subscribe.

• agora012agora012 Member Posts: 31
    thank you all for your help .it was very helpful in getting tips from you guys :)
  • delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

just sub for 1 month to get access to the expansion and the extras you will get as a pref status player

during that month add a security key on your mobile, gain 500 cc for the month sub + 100 per month from the security key even when you dont sub

most things you will want can be unlocked buying items on the gtn as a pref player

you can have fun as a free status player, but for a small cost you can make it a  much better experience, a recurring sub really is not needed until you hit the end game