Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Navel (Hard) - epic weapon quest

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

QUESTION:  I can't seem to get Naval (Hard) to register in my duty finder.  I beat it on easy, beat bowling embers, howling both on hard for the epic weapon quest, now the next step is to beat navel on hard, but I don't see it on my duty finder.  I have done the main story.

any help is appreciated!! thanks.

Side Note:

I realize that you need to ask questions to find out where I am, and to know where its going wrong, but I'd rather not reply to anything outside of getting the navel (hard) duty to come up.  Because the chain of sarcastic darts can go like this "hey idiot why not ask someone on your server to help you idiot!!" then I reply "hey i'm on a Japanese server", then someone replies, "hey stupid! why'd you go and join the japan server!!"  then I have to waste time on a reply saying "i was located in japan when the game came out".  then someone will say, "moron what were you doing in japan at the time!"  then I have to reply with a recap of 2013 etc and the question never gets answered

I've also searched forums and googled it but its I've been looking surfing, and doing whats on the forum guides for a while now, so I'm asking directly on this forum.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

you have to go back to waking sands and talk to an NPC there, walking sands are the place where minfillia and main story line is. teleport to horizon and go west.

Also if you live in NA or EU and playing JP server, then your latency probably going through the roof that the game will become laggy imo. it will not help you on titan for sure

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

is it possible to transfer servers? did they release that option yet?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

well I don't want to reroll, that would take hours upon hours.  18 bucks divided by like 18 hours of time (lets pretend it takes 18 hours to ding 50 or 60) I guess its better than rerolling on a server just to save 18 bucks. 

also, I could have sworn I completed the main story line a year ago.  is that the one that ends with someone invading, and we have to go kill all these robots right? that look like the robots from Robocop?  if so I did tha tall the way to the end

which npc gives the naval (hard) quest?

• Tenebrys22Tenebrys22 Member UncommonPosts: 31

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/In_a_Titan_Spot

This is the quest you need to do to unlock Navel hard. Go to the waking sands and speak to yshtola.

thanks dude.  I got the weapon finally!!!!!! took me a  year but i got it!

when i first started playing, for the first two months, i couldnt get a group strong enough to beat that hawkwinged boss. 

the story continues and it will probably never ends, but lets say chapters closes and new chapters opens. In any case, you should transfer servers, I recommend Odin if ur in EU zone , dont know about NA zone.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    there's going to be a LOT of these questions about various aspects of the game that come up that are very difficult to look up the answer to. my advice is to 1) join a guild that isnt comprised of a bunch of asshats, 2) stop getting so easily offended by every third person that gives you a sarcastic remark instead of actual help. chances are eventually they will give you help anyway after being sarcastic... Again, this game is a SOCIAL game. Learning how to deal with people and how to get what you want out of them will come a long way here.... 

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Originally posted by gessekai332
    there's going to be a LOT of these questions about various aspects of the game that come up that are very difficult to look up the answer to. my advice is to 1) join a guild that isnt comprised of a bunch of asshats, 2) stop getting so easily offended by every third person that gives you a sarcastic remark instead of actual help. chances are eventually they will give you help anyway after being sarcastic... Again, this game is a SOCIAL game. Learning how to deal with people and how to get what you want out of them will come a long way here.... 

well, i'm on a Japanese server, so I couldn't communicate with anyone there.  it fit my timezone a year ago, but i'll be changing soon, so no one in the game was being sarcastic, I meant THESE FORUMS.  haha I been on these forums for years and years due to the speed of putting up info about beta/new mmo's and being able to get rumor mill/insider/alpha test type info. BUT on the flip side, basically every post I read or see has a troll that flames and flames and attacks the person asking the question.  its happened to me tons of times and I always see it happen to other OPs.  I know your next question is probably, if you don't like it leave.  but again, this place does have some good posters who have info. 

I guess what i'm trying to say is, MMORPG.com forums are like the Sodom and Gomorrah of the MMO world.

im def gonna switch to the u.s. servers IF archeage isn't something I like.  ffxiv is cool, well implemented.

Originally posted by time007
    Originally posted by gessekai332

well, i'm on a Japanese server, so I couldn't communicate with anyone there.  it fit my timezone a year ago, but i'll be changing soon, so no one in the game was being sarcastic, I meant THESE FORUMS.  haha I been on these forums for years and years due to the speed of putting up info about beta/new mmo's and being able to get rumor mill/insider/alpha test type info. BUT on the flip side, basically every post I read or see has a troll that flames and flames and attacks the person asking the question.  its happened to me tons of times and I always see it happen to other OPs.  I know your next question is probably, if you don't like it leave.  but again, this place does have some good posters who have info. 

I guess what i'm trying to say is, MMORPG.com forums are like the Sodom and Gomorrah of the MMO world.

im def gonna switch to the u.s. servers IF archeage isn't something I like.  ffxiv is cool, well implemented.

I honestly believe you are missing out on many things because you are not involved in the social aspect of the game. I would say it can make or break the game if someone finds a good FC or bad FC. the social experience in FFXIV is just as important if not the most important element of the game. I would recommend also before you transfer is to visit this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVrecruitment

you can find FCs in different servers and visit their website and see how active they are etc. and then apply to them

• NewNewzNewNewz Member Posts: 1

I absolutely agree that you are missing out on social aspects which are integral to this game. Spend the $18 - it'll so be worth it.

Not all guilds are comprised of 'asshats' and not everyone is sarcastic in reply. Thankfully! ;)

Need help finding a guild? Try here.