Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Games to Watch Out For?

2»

Comments

• BennjimBennjim Member Posts: 146

Imperator looks nice and has an interesting storyline, but Gods and Heroes is just a rip-off, copy of Roma Victor with a few cyclops thrown in for good measure.  They've taken RV's features list and have copied so much from RV it's quite embarrassing really - fortunately they've only copied the easier features to implement.  They obviously don't have the innovation or creativeness to think of their own ideas - really sad!

Anyway, Roma Victor is the game I can't wait to play the *only* Roman mmorpg in existence.

Benny........

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

im looking forward to RF Online grrr sept is a long time away::::26::

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

I'm looking forward to Age of Conan, I'm interested in seeing how their interactive real-time combat system works.

Gamespot's E3 Best of Show MMO
    E3 Video

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

Heroes Journey at the top. Long time mmorpg players getting hired to make content, what a good idea.

Age of Conan looks interesting.

D&D online might be good if every single trace of the standard D&D magic system is destroyed and never seen again.

And Auto Assult.

• angel_craftangel_craft Member Posts: 41

Auto Assault looks pretty impressive,yes. imageI also like the Heroes journey.Massive fans should be digging this one too. And oh yeah, I heard about Spore too though im not too familiar whether the game really kicks some serious arses.imageimageimage

• ScorpesScorpes Member Posts: 830

For me

Imperator, Conan, Tabula Rasa, Pirates of the Burning sea.

in no particular order

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Anofalye, I am surprised you are excited about D & D online, when they state that content will be mostly geared for group play, and there is no mention of tradeskills, and I know you love tradeskills.

I think Pirates of the Burning Sea looks interesting.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• angel_craftangel_craft Member Posts: 41

Hey i think Battlefield 2 is worth waiting for.I think it'll be released this month but not yet sure when.Also i got to play Guild Wars although its not really new,and its not even an mmorpg. But its cool.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Jorev

Anofalye, I am surprised you are excited about D & D online, when they state that content will be mostly geared for group play, and there is no mention of tradeskills, and I know you love tradeskills.
    I think Pirates of the Burning Sea looks interesting.

I love solo, but I am mostly a grouper despite all my stands for soloing.  Tradeskills is something I can do, but to say I like them...well...I LOVE to succeed at anything, since in EQ I was succeeding at the tradeskill, I guess folks figure I actually enjoy the tradeskills.  image

D&Donline get many free cards competitors cant even dream of getting...it is D&D!  As long as they make me happy with 1 aspect of the game I enjoy, and I actually enjoy grouping as much as I must hate raiding.  It is just that grouping get the support from about everygame that I feel it is safe beyond any concern point, so little point in defending my homeland if it is safe beyond any concern, I will focus on my main ally, solo, who is in dire needs.

Game B could be identical to D&Donline, I would prolly never forgive them such a bad solo approach...but D&Donline is D&D, I can ignore some aspects and focus on what I like and enjoy if it is possible(and there is no talking about PvP or raiding enforcement, so everything is possible in groups).

But yes, Turbine betray a little D&D, since a soloer in D&D is the strongest character, completely outmatching any non-soloer, not sharing XP and loot = complete success beyond any grouper wildest dream...yet, the grouping with friends(not with strangers like they enforce, but oh well, if a dimwit make the decision what can we say?  Maybe Middle Earth will be better, but I doubt it) is also a key part of D&D, and it will be possible to group with friends.  If I have to spent to much time LFG and wasting my time, I assume they will erode all their free cards and get me to leave eventually.

PS: I also have some doubts about how effective their anti-solo measures will be.  No, solo will not be possible for everyone or every class.  But if they stick to D&D system, unless they act like dumbass on treasures and XP within quest only and work EXTREMELY hard to make sure soloers cant succeed, I know the D&D system well enought to tell you that, I believe that the real soloers will prolly prosper well in D&Donline...unless Turbine spent efforts on NERFING rather then on ADDING, so is Turbine a team working more on adding or on nerfing?  Time will tell, I cant say, and I certainly dont want to overly advertise this because I dont want them to put more efforts on solo fighting, I want them to developp the game, not to limit it, and if they respect D&D rules, solo is extremely rewarding, althought extremely hard.  A level 20 wizard can solo a great wurm and get all the best loot alone, to prevent would mean this is not D&D and they will open the Pandora Box and get flamed by all their fanbase, which is a suicide.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• tinjhentinjhen Member Posts: 35

Hmm, for me I think Dark & Light is worth waiting for. I'm having fun playing this game as a beta for now.::::02::

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141
    Trials of Ascension TOA, sure got my attention image- http://www.shadowpool.com/index.php

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

• XanothXanoth Member UncommonPosts: 116

personally im a little worried about all the games i'm keeping an eye on, but no doubt some good titles will slip under my nose and i'll miss an early start in a great game. but still...

currently keeping an eye on Age of Conan, Vanguard (seems a little too EQ/D&D based, really was hoping for a more inivotave fantasy game), D&L and DDO (like the sound of the quests, but im not that big of a quester, i estimate i'll spend a few months here, then move ship).

really looking for a community driven game, any tips on games i've missed i'd appreciate a PM. :)

o/
  • XanothXanoth Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by horrid

D&D online might be good if every single trace of the standard D&D magic system is destroyed and never seen again.

I hate double posting, but for this i have to...

i really couldn't agree more, and as a long time D&D player and magic lover, its like living a nightmare, that you memorise...  *groan*

o/
  • WowTrollWowTroll Member Posts: 74

DIE HERETIC! 
    Wow dude, you are using my 7th grade words.
    Back off (unless you are in 7th grade like me)image

Plasticspork: Wow
    Buffilo Soilder: Counter Strike
    Plasticspork: Shot-Online

If you can read my avitar it says
    " ACDC, Back in Black"

• fortunefaderfortunefader Member Posts: 51

Im also rooting for Dark and Light ,does anyone knew when it'll be finally released?

• kengo677kengo677 Member Posts: 11

Pirates of the Burning has potential :)

• krokettekrokette Member Posts: 20

Dofus
    New tactical MMORPG ! very exciting.

soon open beta ! Free subscription.
    www.dofus.com

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Must Buys:
    Imperator : No question on this one. It's got a cracking community at Vox Plebis, some top class designers and is a scifi setting. I've not been this looking forward to a game since EnB.
    D&D Online : I can't not. I still play paper and pen D&D each week and I'm a sucker for tradition.

Keeping an Eye on:
    Warhammer Online : I have to say I'm intrigued, I missed it first time around but I'll be keeping my weather eye out.
    Vanguard : A "mainstream" MMORPG making it to console? I'll be looking to see what happens, but I'm unlikely to get hold of a copy
    Adellion : I was hyped about this a year or so ago but as with many volunteer staffed projects, it's slipping. Will be interesting to see what comes of this title.
    Age of Conan : Again, I can't not - a strong fantasy contender, with a good feel about it.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)