Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Games to Watch Out For?

i think a lot of good stuffs have been revealed at the conclusion of  E3 2005 Convention. I for one was impressed by Dark and Light, the Witcher and Full Spectrum Warrior.I guess ill be looking forward to those games as soon as they're released.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I have huge expectations for Auto Assault. D&L just screams Lineage to me and I plan on staying away from it. Fallen Earth seems like an AO clone, which is not a bad thing, since AO needs a graphic and content update and Fallen Earth will satisfy the most sci-fi hungry gamer. I will stay far away from Vanguard. Just looking at its interface screams "EQII! EQII! EQII!!".

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

D&Donline!  image

Everyone will see the truth soon!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

an u advertise D&D online way way way way too much.

DnL is probably the most technically innovative.

Age of Conan . For innovations in gameplay. i like their new combat system ideas.

D&D online for better questin(not a big fan of quests myself)

Imperator For Pvp

These are the ones i think are innovative in the most ways.

i am personally gonna purchase Imperator and DnL. day they come out.

and AGe of conan and vangaurd are sceduled for later release so if they seem better ill change.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

I'm watching two more than the others right now (not that I don't try to watch them all).

Vanguard. Finally, the Vision (tm) that made EQ such a huge hit is returning. And this time the team has far more experience and the backing to get the job done. As for the interface, the game is in alpha and already has an interface better than many games on the market. The guy they have working on the interface is someone who became very popular making mods for the EQ interface after they switched to xml. He is a great artist and made some beautiful interfaces. I expect that they will not only have a great interface, but a number of different styles from which to choose.

Warhammer. There will finally be a DAoC 2. They promised that DAoC 2 would never happen, but with Mythic making the new Warhammer game an RvR game, it will basically be DAoC 2, they just have new lore to play with (and very good lore at that). I think (hope) they will have learned from their mistakes and make and just expand on the RvR system of DAoC which is the best PvP system out there today.

image image

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by Kiamde

I have huge expectations for Auto Assault. D&L just screams Lineage to me and I plan on staying away from it. Fallen Earth seems like an AO clone, which is not a bad thing, since AO needs a graphic and content update and Fallen Earth will satisfy the most sci-fi hungry gamer. I will stay far away from Vanguard. Just looking at its interface screams "EQII! EQII! EQII!!".

Well if the interface looks like EQ2 then it must be an EQ2 clone....................
    Never heard of "never judge a book from its cover?

Anyway, Vanguard looks very promising (EQ2 interface or not), also D&L and Darkfall seems ok.

D&D will be the biggest disappointment ever..........instancing anyone? Now, that s screams EQ2!!! (sorry Anofalye)

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

For me:

Fallen Earth:I need to play a science fiction mmo one day

Hero's Journey:Looks pretty sweet

Auto Assault:LOOKS AMAZING! I can't wait to be in the cars and PvPing!!

Dark and Light: Kind of, do not really care that much.

Land of Ten Oceans:This seems the most interesting for me. You can build houses, etc. Can own shops, and do a lot more. I can't wait for this. This the mmo I want to get the most right now.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Originally posted by Vampyr

Imperator For Pvp
    and AGe of conan and vangaurd are sceduled for later release so if they seem better ill change.

Unless Mythic lied to me SEVERAL times when I was in their booth at E3, Imperator won't have PvP... Of course I could be on crack or just insane in general, but I seem to remember that for some reason...

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Dark and light looks really good image

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• LordVanidorLordVanidor Member UncommonPosts: 70

If you ask me. Spore looks like the best game at E3

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Kunou

Imperator For Pvp

Unless Mythic lied to me SEVERAL times when I was in their booth at E3, Imperator won't have PvP... Of course I could be on crack or just insane in general, but I seem to remember that for some reason...

I've read that too.  Imperator will have no pvp aside from gladitorial combat (ie: arena duels).
  • DarkDeathDarkDeath Member UncommonPosts: 13

D&D online seems boring
    its dosnt seems thats the game offering much(what.he got like just 4 proffsions?)
    vangurad seems good.like eq2 without sony
    sony just take good concepts of games and turn them to shitty games
    swg could be a lot more than he is
    so as eq2
    lotr online should go out some time in 2006(if they didnt delayed from the last time i checked image)
    well,the world of lotr is good,so lets hope the game will be to :P

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

I dont get it, even after numerous previews stating how currently DnL is so mediocre gameplay wise, everyone is still so hyped about it. I used to be, but honeslty, theres no way the game will release in a playable state with all its system working.

I loved the look of Hero's Journey since it was first (well, second time really) announced, and after reading all the good things about it from E3 I cant wait.

• misubecymisubecy Member Posts: 29
    I read the reviews about the game Dark & Light and I think that game is pretty good also. I am interested and excited about this game..I can't wait for this game!!! COOL image
  • VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by angus858

Originally posted by Kunou

Imperator For Pvp

I've read that too.  Imperator will have no pvp aside from gladitorial combat (ie: arena duels).

well i was wrong ill admit it i was lead to believe tehy ahd good PvP but thats what i get for trusting second hand sources.

anyway kunou are u sure because it seemed to me from the picture galeries that u guys seemed to dedicate most of your vital attnetion to the booth babes....

so maybe u missed a few details.

im just playing......or am I?

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

anyway kunou are u sure because it seemed to me from the picture galeries that u guys seemed to dedicate most of your vital attnetion to the booth babes....

so maybe u missed a few details.

im just playing......or am I?

Actually none of the pics in the gallery so far were taken by me. Since I got back from E3 I've been absolutely swamped with one thing after another, by far not the least of which being a quite possible upcoming court battle between my wife and her exhusband over whether or not we can move out of state with the kids. So yeah, I've been a tad busy and haven't gotten my E3 Impressions article quite finished and submitted yet, along with which would be some of the pics I took. (For the record though me and Reed were teamed up so we both saw everything the other saw for the most part, except for a bit of free time here and there, so the articles he has written so far I was there for those as well).

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• Paladin101Paladin101 Member Posts: 187

"I think (hope) they will have learned from their mistakes and make and just expand on the RvR system of DAoC which is the best PvP system out there today."

so true, Warhammer is going to be amazing!

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

a few 'off the beaten path' ones. not so mainstream but have promise(maybe its all they have but we will see)

Trials of Ascension- http://www.shadowpool.com/index.php

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. very interesting ideas. (these are off top of my head and could be wrong/changed/abandoned)

no lvl's ! skill based, advacing by use(i.e. morrowind i would think)

innovations- where quite possible you could be the only one who has discovered a new way to craft something, or a new way to cast a spell, you learn this in ways i have no idea lol. but the information would become very valuable.

you can only chat to people around you, no magicly whispering a guy on other side of the world. rumors of trying to disable teamspeak for it(you real roleplayers should dig this).

18 player races from pixie to dragon. supposedly dragon is not like horizons where you hop happily around town letting humans pat you on the behind, but you chose dragon you do indeed have a very rough road to adulthood, being hunted for your scales/reagents and living in seclusion.

open pvp with semi-permadeath. 100 lives i believe. if you beat someone down they go unconscous and you have the choice to kill them or not. if you choose to though, and there are witnesses you will be flagged as a murderer.

many other cool things i dont know alot about like religion, artifacts, weird economy(very player driven, realistic mob drops making 99% items player made), player built settlements.

i have a couple more im watching but not really as closely as this so ill dig up some info on them and post again if it would interest anyone.

if this game look good to you though, check out this FAQ from their forums, i think you will be anxious to see if they can pull it off as i am.
    http://www.shadowpool.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42718

only problem is that there is no announcement of when its going to be released, or even when beta will start. but hey, its some good reading regardless.

• marca1marca1 Member Posts: 57

It wasn't at E3 but I'm waiting desperately for Roma Victor to launch, the twitch-based combat & no magic combination do it for me and if you're into crafting then the range of skills is staggering. Nothing else really catching my eye at the moment - bring on RV!

-M

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Hmmm well I guess Im easily please because Im looking forward to all of them image

However if I had to name one it would be Vanguard. Im a big fan of BM's work and I know Marius Enge has the potential for greatness despite AO. Between them the chances of producing something outstanding seem high.

I salivate in anticipation

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

an u advertise D&D online way way way way too much.

DIE HERETIC!  image  D&Donline will make you forget that sliced bread even exist!  (TSR products are responsible for more then 50% of my gaming time, so what do you expect from me?)  image

Imperator, Vanguard(if there is non-raiding servers), Tabula Rasa and CoV(depend on the PvE and what they do toward the nasty Hamidon for non-raiders) may be quite good as well since there was a S in the subtitle!

Imperator PvP and PvE systems are totally set apart, which mean a level to much PvE carbear wont be good in PvP, and a ultimatekillerofmothers.com will still be a noob in PvE, which is what is strongly appealing to me.  I suppose I will be on the PvE more, but surprisingly, when I am given a real choice like this, I may stick more to the PvP and who know?

PS: Did I say how awesome D&Donline will be?  (main thing I dislike in it, the action enforcing setting, but see, I cant judge rationnally any TSR product before I try it, so yes, I often bitch at Wizard of the Coast, they tend to mess up things and fail a LOT...but that is beside the point...it is D&D  *start drooling*)  Action packed adventure kill the Baldur's Gates...I guess D&D is run by masochists!  D&D fans hardly are ''action pack adventures'' fans and we rarely like grouping strangers at any cost, but guess what, Wizard of the Coast is clueless and check Heroes of Might and Magic IV if you have any doubts about how deeply lames some changes can be!  But enought of any nonsense!  D&D will revolutionize the world, democracies will crumbles and tyrannies will be overthrown, worldwide!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• phatiguesphatigues Member Posts: 4

Agreed. That game looks very promising and innovative. Skill system, innovation system, realistic mob-drops and the semi-perma death .. yup gonna be on the look-out for this game.

Originally posted by fulmanfu
    a few 'off the beaten path' ones. not so mainstream but have promise(maybe its all they have but we will see)Trials of Ascension- http://www.shadowpool.com/index.phpI'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. very interesting ideas. (these are off top of my head and could be wrong/changed/abandoned)

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

It is still far under everyones radar, but I am sticking by this game like I have been for over a year now. 

Fallen Earth is the game I am most looking forward to.

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188

I heard from my friend who went to E3 that Imperator was reallllllly sucking in performance. I don't know what he meant by that, but he did say that he's definetly going to Gods and Heroes when it comes out. Sounds like imperator is only got it's developer's name going for it now! image

I've looked at the other ones and I'm not as impressed as I am with Gods and Heroes. They are all just clones... well maybe not AA. image

GnH for the win! image

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by carebear
    I heard from my friend who went to E3 that Imperator was reallllllly sucking in performance. I don't know what he meant by that, but he did say that he's definetly going to Gods and Heroes when it comes out. Sounds like imperator is only got it's developer's name going for it now! image
    I've looked at the other ones and I'm not as impressed as I am with Gods and Heroes. They are all just clones... well maybe not AA. image
    GnH for the win! image

Imperator was probably the most polished and "real" demo I saw on the floor. One of the few that actually let you just sit down and play their game from the start rather than throw an E3 smoke screen up. Not sure where he got "bad performance" from.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I think alot of people are mistaking screen shots of Imperator as PvP ones because they show "humanoid" vs "humanoid" type battles and they are assuming both "humanoids" are players but if they read the background on the game, they would see that it's all PvE in a massive battle against NPC's.