Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion must be desperate.....

1235»

Comments

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

Rift hasn't even been out for 5 years sure it was launched in 2011. 

My bank cards only last 3 years and my credit cards only last 2 years.

Why would you leave your details on their system if you had stopped playing the game.

The reason this happened was due to hackers being able to login the new glyph launcher and buy things without need to verify anything which has now been changed by Trion to prevent this form happening again unless you have your account and email hacked.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

So your account was hacked and this is somehow TRION's fault?  Another one of these emails?  sigh.....  And as another person pointed out, you have a credit card that's good for 5 years?  I've never heard of such a thing.  How about its all part of the same hack from ANOTHER website or platform that you used the same username and password on, and they had a valid credit card number on file  for you, which was then used on your TRION account.  That sounds a bit more logical if the 5 year thing is really true.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by goboygo

So your account was hacked and this is somehow TRION's fault?  Another one of these emails?  sigh.....  And as another person pointed out, you have a credit card that's good for 5 years?  I've never heard of such a thing.  How about its all part of the same hack from ANOTHER website or platform that you used the same username and password on, and they had a valid credit card number on file  for you, which was then used on your TRION account.  That sounds a bit more logical if the 5 year thing is really true.

Well now you have, my credit card number hasn't changed in years, only the expiration date has and maybe the 3 digit code on the back of the card.  It's actually QUITE COMMON for this to be the case with most bank institutions.  Especially if you don't switch credit card companies.  Hell, I think the last time I had a number change is when the bank decided to switch from VISA to MasterCard as their credit card.  That was a good 10 years ago.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

Just wish to throw this out as food for thought. People run these payment houses used by MMO companies to collect payments. People at those companies manage the databases used to collect those payments. Those same people are subject to the same temptation to commit crimes as are any other criminal. So, would it not be possible for someone to steal data from said databases at the source? You really think that everyone working at these places are honest? I will leave it at that.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Couple guys came to my house and demanded my CC info, then proceeded to buy stuff from trion.  I'm pretty sure they worked for trion, they had name cards with trions logo on them.   The worse part is they kicked my dog on the way out.  

The bank has to be in on it too, there was a guy who looked like a banker and allowed the charges to go through even though the card was expired.  He kicked my cat.  

It was a rough day. 

Erm, you realise this attempt at humour is very irresponsible, yeah ?

Days from now, someone on some forum far, far away will post something like: "...and there was even this guy on MMORPG.COM who has proof that it was Trion that did it..."

You are correct, I should know better.  Everything on the Internet is true.  

Originally posted by Pepeq
    Originally posted by goboygo

Well now you have, my credit card number hasn't changed in years, only the expiration date has and maybe the 3 digit code on the back of the card.  It's actually QUITE COMMON for this to be the case with most bank institutions.  Especially if you don't switch credit card companies.  Hell, I think the last time I had a number change is when the bank decided to switch from VISA to MasterCard as their credit card.  That was a good 10 years ago.

Your number may not have changed but the expiry date will and so would your number on the back therefore making your old card invalid and unable to be used as it would have the wrong date and number on the back.

So even if they had an old card on file for your game account when they tried to process it it would be declined. 

Originally posted by Gruug

Just wish to throw this out as food for thought. People run these payment houses used by MMO companies to collect payments. People at those companies manage the databases used to collect those payments. Those same people are subject to the same temptation to commit crimes as are any other criminal. So, would it not be possible for someone to steal data from said databases at the source? You really think that everyone working at these places are honest? I will leave it at that.

And do you really think that all the information they hold is available for all employee to see and not encrypted in some way.

Now if it is the case then yes this would be a huge problem and open for the opportunist  thief to make some easy cash so to speak.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Claiming the company stole money from you and disputing it is a valid way to cancel your order if you didn't like what you got, after all!