Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmorpg to play?

Daneus84Daneus84 Member UncommonPosts: 13

I have tried a lot of mmo's, but I cant seem to find one that keeps me playing :( .

Mmo's endgame I have tried.

WoW, GW2, The lord of the rings online, Age Of Conan,

Games I recently tried:

Archeage, Wildstar, TESO, Tera

What I really look for in an mmo is group(content) so I can play together with other people.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

That POS Final Fantasy game has a lot of forced grouping.

I play WoW and never seem to have a problem with a lack of group activities.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

All MMO's are pretty similar when it comes to endgame content... so I don't really have any suggestions there. =/

You could give SWTOR a try, they recently added Planetary Conquests to encourage guilds to do stuff together, whether it's running Operations and Flashpoints (raids and dungeons) or getting a group together to go after one of the Commanders (conquest stuff).

For the most part it's the same as endgame in most of the other MMO's though, but maybe the setting will appeal to you. (and the voice acted stories)

It's free anyway, so no harm in giving it a shot.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BrilliantCojonesBrilliantCojones Member Posts: 8
    Try out Firefall. It recently got an updated review here at MMORPG, and it's on a high mark: 
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=566&view=reviews&load=341&page=1&val=1&uh=BE49544FF09445784CCD0DB19B100859
    Youtube channel's here so you can check it out via vids...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4DQ7qJCmfUMp7hmzrszb7g

• jordanbraxtonjordanbraxton Member Posts: 8

Veteran Games;

WoW, Tera, GW2, FF

New on the Block

Firefall, Wildstar

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Dauntis

That pos Final Fantasy game has the 2nd largest amount of active subscribers in history. Sounds like a real pos.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Play SWTOR.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Daneus84

I have tried a lot of mmo's, but I cant seem to find one that keeps me playing :( .

Games I recently tried:

What I really look for in an mmo is group(content) so I can play together with other people.

Any suggestions?

The only MMO that i can safely suggest you is, EVE Online...if you don't have problems with the "Spaceship" theme, then you should try it. It will keep you playing for years and also it will "force" you to join a corp(guild/clan), team up with other people.

• nogardgibnogardgib Member UncommonPosts: 25

Games I recently tried:

Any suggestions?

I would suggest you try Rift if you have not in the past. It has plenty of group content available. It is f2p so you do not have anything to lose.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    As mentioned before, FFXIV has a lot of forced grouped content and that is pretty much all there is to do endgame wise in that game. Very rarely will you be soloing content because of level caps and such. Now is it good? That's another matter....
  • lucianvenkslucianvenks Member Posts: 6
    you wont go wrong with the mentioned games before this reply, you might need to consider your budget if you can play the SUBS or the Free ones, me? i stick with the free ones but sometimes go pay 1 month SUB when i can catch a sale at game stop
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Although I enjoy the game I have not hit max level and I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, but have you hit max in Archeage? Because that seems like the most social MMO at endgame currently. Maybe you could get into Darkfall.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • cure01cure01 Member UncommonPosts: 291

everquest its f2p but unless you want to endless grind  grouping is necessary. or everquest 2 is also a try. good luck.:)! From another poster recently  final fantasy 11 was said to be very groupable also. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAGe looks like a game that will offer a lot of grouping later in the game.
  • svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

I'm always hungry for good group content too, and the two games I've settled on recently and really, really enjoy are Marvel Heroes and DayZ.

They are not your standard MMO, but both very fun. Marvel will require grouping at endgame for raids, as well as a couple other modes. The game isn't terribly social until you join a supergroup, but it is pretty good after that. Group finder for raiding, from what I understand, is always empty so you pretty much need a supergroup (guild) to raid.

DayZ is probably the most social "mmo" out there next to EVE. You live or die based on your encounters with other players, and a good percentage of players I encounter and up "grouping," with me for a while. DayZ is, in my opinion, one of the most under-rated pesudo MMOs out there. It's in alpha and has its fair share of bugs, but it gets better with each update and is already well worth your time.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• thecoolestthecoolest Member Posts: 31

Are you into sport?

Have you tried Freestyle Basketball and Freestyle football?

• Temp0Temp0 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Arazale
    Originally posted by Dauntis

That pos Final Fantasy game has the 2nd largest amount of active subscribers in history. Sounds like a real pos.

Pretty sure this is not true, they keep misquoting and saying they have 2 million but the 2 million number is registered accounts. The only confirmed "active subscription" statement is that its somewhere north of 600k but this was late in last year so it is hard to say where its active subscription numbers really are.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Games I recently tried:

Any suggestions?

So you have played pretty much every AAA game that has come out in the last few years and none of them are good enough for you.

That doesn't bode well now does it?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• Temp0Temp0 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Games I recently tried:

Any suggestions?

So you have played pretty much every AAA game that has come out in the last few years and none of them are good enough for you.

That doesn't bode well now does it?

True enough, I can't speak for the OP but I can say that the kind of MMO I like to play pretty much doesn't exist in the current MMO market.

It sucks.

• Daneus84Daneus84 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I am Playing FFXIV right now the game seems OK, but I am a social player and I really like to play with my fellow countrymen (Danish). I havent seen any danish players while I played. I just have to find a game where other danes are, And the only game I know of is WoW. So If any Danish mmo players sees this look me up.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall Unholy Wars is very group oriented... whenever I play other games I miss playing with people so go back.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    FFIV or EQ2 TLE server..
  • existenzexistenz Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Lineage 2
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    swtor.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lathaan said:
    swtor.
    ToR is also a good suggestion
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol what was the point in the necro?