Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg with pet system

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

ive been playing Dragon's Prophet and actually really enjoying it, even if the cash shop is way over the top for me. the pet system is fantastic. ive never been into 'pet games' but this one has my interest piqued.

can anyone recommend an mmorpg with a complex/multilayered pet system?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

There was a similar thread before, I can only repeat what I said there, STO.

The Officers are part of your build, you can train and retrain their skills, swapping skill between Officers (in this matter it's similar like dragon training), etc. It's more like a team management system than a mere pet system.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Po_gg

The Officers are part of your build, you can train and retrain their skills, swapping skill between Officers (in this matter it's similar like dragon training), etc. It's more like a team management system than a mere pet system.

i actually hadn't thought of it like that before, but you're right. i'll go back and take a look at STO from that PoV, thanks.

anyone else?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by aspekx

i actually hadn't thought of it like that before, but you're right. i'll go back and take a look at STO from that PoV, thanks.

anyone else?

http://atlantica.nexon.net/ You can apparently have a whole crew of NPCs there too.

http://www.granado-espada.eu/ Is another MMO where you control a whole party of characters.

To a lesser degree SWTOR has it as well, but you can only have one companion out at a time... so it's not quite like the others.

WoW of course has a pet system too, but it's more Pokemon than what you might be looking for (they level up and get skills and stuff, but you can only use them when dueling someone else's pet).

Neverwinter Online also has it to a lesser extend, you can have pets that you can level up and promote, and equip with gear and gems. But like SWTOR you can only have one out at a time (Not counting special pets like the Warlock's summon). You also gain passive skills depending on which pets you have in your "active" list though (to a max of five different pets)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    would breeding animals with traits, careful of bloodlines, taming, farming cattle for dairy products and taming wild monsters count?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    would breeding animals with traits, careful of bloodlines, taming, farming cattle for dairy products and taming wild monsters count?

sure! let's hear it :)

Wurm Online.

old graphics? yes...but very deep game on many levels

Wurm Online.

i didn't know they had a pet system, i'll visit their website and take a look again. thanks for the suggestion.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

RIP vanilla wow for the hunter's pet taming and training system. I still miss that.

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

anyone else?

http://atlantica.nexon.net/ You can apparently have a whole crew of NPCs there too.

http://www.granado-espada.eu/ Is another MMO where you control a whole party of characters.

To a lesser degree SWTOR has it as well, but you can only have one companion out at a time... so it's not quite like the others.

WoW of course has a pet system too, but it's more Pokemon than what you might be looking for (they level up and get skills and stuff, but you can only use them when dueling someone else's pet).

Neverwinter Online also has it to a lesser extend, you can have pets that you can level up and promote, and equip with gear and gems. But like SWTOR you can only have one out at a time (Not counting special pets like the Warlock's summon). You also gain passive skills depending on which pets you have in your "active" list though (to a max of five different pets)

ive seen granado espada mentioned before with it's 'squad' based gameplay i didnt realize it was still around. i seem to remember looking into atlantica for other reasons, but it's been a while.

i'll have a look at both of them as i haven't done so in a long time. thank you.

Wurm Online.

i didn't know they had a pet system, i'll visit their website and take a look again. thanks for the suggestion.

they dont have a system they call a 'pet' they just have the attributes I mentioned.