Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3 35 Minute Demo

Comments

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Thanks for linking that. Looks like it's gonna be kick ass!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Just to answer the posts that will be coming....

MMORPG is branching out and no longer exclusively talks about MMOs.  They do feature single player RPGs on this site.  

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    The water effects in this are just like...... *BAM* Mind blown! Even your spells have effect on the water. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by flizzer

Just to answer the posts that will be coming....

MMORPG is branching out and no longer exclusively talks about MMOs.  They do feature single player RPGs on this site.  

Well if anyone comment "it's not a mmo" at the general gaming section must be a idiot indeed.

Besides that, really looking forward to TW3

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I can't wait for TW3.

Though I can definitely wait for all the people who will inevitably say, "Why can't they just make an MMO like this?" And the answer is always the same, because you and your friends will ruin it, that's why.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Originally posted by Rusque

I can't wait for TW3.

Though I can definitely wait for all the people who will inevitably say, "Why can't they just make an MMO like this?" And the answer is always the same, because you and your friends will ruin it, that's why.

Yeah Witcher's strength is the story. The world is also cool and maybe if you could restrict it to people who knew something of the lore and would play in character it could work but what's the chance of that? Also, 95% of people would want to play as a witcher or a sorceress and they're  both really quite rare in that world.

• TamoVamoTamoVamo Member Posts: 24

It will be a great game, and its a great series.

The lore is sooo interesting, and not a known D&D or some other universe. And yes, its more oriented to Easter Europe folklore and stories that give a new kind of perspective to the story and overall world.

• FuzzyBulbFuzzyBulb Member Posts: 11
    I agree, finally a great story and nice sandbox world driven game, with a cool morality choices :)
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

I had an eye on the Witcher 3 for quite a bit tho, after iv'e seen that Vid, i pre-ordered the CE straight away.

That will be a yummy Feb 2015 tho. Phone off, lot's of fastfood and Windows closed and darkend.

• blubstererblubsterer Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by TamoVamo

It will be a great game, and its a great series.

The lore is sooo interesting, and not a known D&D or some other universe. And yes, its more oriented to Easter Europe folklore and stories that give a new kind of perspective to the story and overall world.

I'm a huge fan of this series since the first part. First game ever that made me buy the books the game is based on. And the books from Sapkowski are really phenomenal. After reading them I understand why the series is so special. Every fan of the games should take a look at them. They aren't merchandising crap (like so many other books where the games came before the books), they are "serious" literature with a very unique approach to fantasy. And they make the games even more enjoyable :)

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by iridescence

Originally posted by Rusque
    I can't wait for TW3. Though I can definitely wait for all the people who will inevitably say, "Why can't they just make an MMO like this?" And the answer is always the same, because you and your friends will ruin it, that's why.

Yeah Witcher's strength is the story. The world is also cool and maybe if you could restrict it to people who knew something of the lore and would play in character it could work but what's the chance of that? Also, 95% of people would want to play as a witcher or a sorceress and they're  both really quite rare in that world.

The world will be more than cool. Think people are forgetting that the world is not closed like the previous two witcher games you can go anywhere you want literally. It's as open as any Tes game.